1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

I don’t think Ash will catch another Greninja or any Pokémon he’s already had...

Leonhart, KenzeyEevee and wolf jani like this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

If the writers could find a way to have rotation work in a way that's fair to all the Pokemon that are being juggled [at least on the surface], then I wouldn't have a problem with the concept. But assuming that Satoshi does get Riolu or Eievui or both among several other very marketable Pokemon that have appeared on merchandise lately, I can't help but feel that the rotating Pokemon idea would be doomed to failure before it even has a chance to happen.

3. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Really interesting the Kanto pandering episode on SM had a flashback of Ash with Larvitar. And going way back, the Spurt opening even had Larvitar and its mommy showing up.

If anything this proves the staff remembers it exists. And after Dragonite, I'd say its chances increased a bit.

Zoruagible and KenzeyEevee like this.
  4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn’t mind seeing Jessie catch a Blipbug that eventually evolves into an Orbeetle. I think that could lead to some interesting scenarios and character dynamics where Orbeetle is super smart and shakes it’s head in disappointment whenever Jessie tries to do something stupid or not thought out that well because it knew what the outcome would be. And seeing Meowth argue with an Orbeetle over whose the smarter Pokémon would be hilarious to see. James I want to see owning a Clobbopus that acts adorably like many of his past Pokémon and is very affectionate but has a dangerous side to its love where Clobbopus will try to playfully Punch James and ends up sending him flying into the air every time it does this much like how Victreebel always tried to eat him or Cacnea’s hugs caused its spikes to be driven into his neck.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  5. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

It would be cool to see James with two Pokémon, we don't see it ever since Unova.

6. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I have thought about this issue a lot and well let's first be grateful for the hub location and that it is a lab setting that allows for them to be shown out and about eating, playing, training, socializing, etc. giving the writers the ability to show off bits of their personalities we wouldn't normally get to see. Even if its just for a few seconds-minutes of an episode before moving on to the plot.

Ash currently has 44 Pokemon (more like 50 if any reunion episodes with Greninja, Pidgeot, etc. occur) that he can rotate. This number is going to increase. How many? Don't know that yet, but I really doubt he's just getting 5 more.

What we do know is Ash will be traveling to different regions and battling trainers to climb the ranks to MasterBall rank.

Given the whole point of this world tour is to promote the franchise as a whole via region-hopping and showcase Pokemon of a region when they're visiting it. The best way I can see them handling this is when Ash visits Hoenn he uses his Hoenn Team (and probably Pikachu-he's the obvious exception) and so on. I don't want to see Charizard in Hoenn, or Greininja in Unova, or Lycanroc in Sinnoh. None of the spot-light stealers. Maybe some of the B or C listers, but none of the A-listers.
    There are exceptions to this: anyone with a G-Max form would be used in Galar so Charizard, Snorlax, Kingler, etc. for example.

However, when Ash makes it to the Top 8 that is when he unites his All Stars from all eight regions together and it will be glorious!

BabaVanga likes this.
  7. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

so because it failed one time, it can't work at all?

If Ash was to rotate his reserves in I feel it would be better handled, the reason why it failed in unova was because he was only rotating around new pokemon that he caught, no reserves.

8. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    RLC, BabaVanga, Kawaii Emolga and 2 others like this.
  9. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

They are really promoting Riolu hard. It's pretty blatant all things considered

Kawaii Emolga and wolf jani like this.
  10. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

A Ditto. thats unexpected. A Duraludon! Yay! I don't like its design but. more gen 8 mons in the main cast is great!

11. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I legit thought you were making a joke about the bridge since it has similar color scheme as Duraludon, then I saw the toy in the image.

Why is Duraludon the only one in toy form though?

12. kickachu

kickachu Momentai!

Anybody think ash or go will catch ditto or will it be a potd

wolf jani and esquilo09 like this.
  13. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

I once thought Lucario was a screen hogger but in the end, only XY was like that where it was a part of a pointless five-episode arc made null by an Audino. It only appeared in two episodes in BW (where I was only mad because it robbed Zoroark but that got fixed with SM), and was a jobber in the Kukui battle. DP made sense to show it since it’s a 4th gen Pokemon lol.

That said, you could argue it has appeared a lot elsewhere like the games and Smash but eh.

wolf jani likes this.
  14. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Go might catch one to add to his collection

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  15. esquilo09

That Picture is really tricky, there are Pikachu and Mr. Mime who all belong to Ash, alongside is Yamper who belongs to Koharu, Ditto and Riolu are a mystery. I just hope Riolu is caught by Ash thus becoming his first baby Pokémon. I think Go is most likely to catch Ditto, but if Ash catches it, then it will be the first time a Ditto is gonna have a bigger role in a saga.

16. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I don't want Ash with a ditto because I think it would be more fun, to have Ditto being a constant rival Pokemon. That being said, Go getting Ditto and bringing it to the lab should have some hilarious moments where Ash and Go come back and find a whole bunch of eggs.

17. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Caulifla v.s. _______

Ditto is most likely a Go capture or belongs to a cotd Duplica return please

18. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

Yasss! #Riolu4Ash pleasee, Ditto may be catched by Go but Duraludon?...

19. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Duraludon is probably there to promote raihan. He's probably appearing soon considering the Twitter handle said ash will encounter a dragon type trainer.

20. esquilo09

If Ash catches Riolu let's hope it stays on its basic form for at least 20-30 episodes and then evolving it, I just hope it doesn't end up like Cameron's and Korrina's who remained with their pre evolved form friendly and playful personality, I want it to have a more serious, cool or mature personality like Hawlucha, Sceptile, Snivy and Maylene's Lucario.