• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
On a side note I hope we find out what secret Ash is hiding in his backpack soon. Hopefully it is something else besides the Rainbow feather
Im hoping for a device that will allow Ash to have access to all his reserves. Its most likely going to be the rainbow wing though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Twilight-Kun said:
You mean make her one of the best characters of the series?

If being a "bland love interest" is what redeems a character, then it should be used more often

I don't think that the love interest trope will ever work properly in this anime, so I wouldn't want another Serena situation. Koharu might not be doing much now, but I'm glad that she isn't another Serena in the sense of her having feelings for a main character in an exaggerated way.

Zariful

So I know continuity for the most part is seemingly illegal. But do we really believe that Ash is gonna go to Kalos and have it seemingly be rid of the vines from Lysandre. And Ash doesn’t reunite with Greninja?

game3524

So I know continuity for the most part is seemingly illegal. But do we really believe that Ash is gonna go to Kalos and have it seemingly be rid of the vines from Lysandre. And Ash doesn’t reunite with Greninja?

Uh....yeah.

When it comes to Kalos, I wouldn't be surprised if Lumiose City is the only place they go to.

game3524

Lumiose City itself would be hard to implement without Ash and Gou running into old characters.

Not really.

This is the same series that went through Kanto again without seeing any past characters. If the writers want to ignore Kalos characters, then they will just ignore them, no matter how illogical it may seem to us.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not really.

This is the same series that went through Kanto again without seeing any past characters. If the writers want to ignore Kalos characters, then they will just ignore them, no matter how illogical it may seem to us.
Most of the Kanto scenes are set around Vermillion, where there are no major past characters to be found.

game3524

Most of the Kanto scenes are set around Vermillion, where there are no major past characters to be found.

Talking about the Battle Frontier.

It was the perfect time for them to revisit old characters/places and yet they didn't. And this was back when they actually tried to maintain continuity between each series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:

I don't think it would be difficult for the writers to skip Gekkouga considering that they've found it easy to skip a lot of references already. But personally, I wouldn't mind a mention of the Flare-dan plot and Gekkouga's farewell.

Red and Blue

This implies the rainbow wing would have some kind of magic power
What would it be?
Well in the games and M20 it let you summon Ho-oh to battle. If the Rainbow feather is the big secret I'm hoping it serves a different purpose.

Ash-Greninja4life

If they really want to show off Ash using at least one new Pokémon from every gen, then there’s plenty of potential.

Gen 2- He could reunite with his old pal Larvitar and have it reveal it’s grown up into a Tyranitar. And considering we can find Tyranitar in the wild now too, it’s not that outlandish.

Gen 3- I know there was that recurring Spoink that Torkoal befriended. But Flygon is a pretty cool Pokémon as well.

Gen 4- The infamous Lucario is always an option and would give Ash another steel type.

Gen 5- A lot of people wanted him to get Litwick/Cubchoo

Gen 6- Skiddo was a popular option back then. Along with a lot of people wishing he got Chespin.

Gen 7- Rimbombee seems like an Ash Pokemon

Gen 8- Do we have an idea of which of the starters evolutionary lines are the most popular. I read a list that said the top 3 was Scorbunny, Inteleon and Sobble.
Well remember Jessie got given a Gyrados and James got Tyranitar at the start of the series. So I think that somewhat rules ash out of getting Tyranitar. But the fact they’ve been given fully evolved Pokemon I suppose means there is more chance the protagonists will as well, mainly ash. I’d love to see him catch Lucario but that’s a dream weve all had since sinnoh

Ash-Greninja4life

Personally I think Ash should never have released Greninja, it was one of my favourite Pokemon ash owned and no doubt it’s strongest. Ash saved all the Kalos region, and everyone in Lumiose will know who he is as a finalist in the league. Also I believe Greninja is in a poster, might not be Ash’s but I sure hope it comes back to him and travels with him again or we at least get to see the Ash-Greninja transformation again

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash-Greninja4life said:
Well remember Jessie got given a Gyrados and James got Tyranitar at the start of the series. So I think that somewhat rules ash out of getting Tyranitar. But the fact they’ve been given fully evolved Pokemon I suppose means there is more chance the protagonists will as well, mainly ash. I’d love to see him catch Lucario but that’s a dream weve all had since sinnoh

Him getting Lucario would be dreadful from my point of view, because I'm sure that the writers would use any chance they get to showcase it, and with Pikachu and Barrierd already being popular themselves, it would be a three-way battle for screen-time between them.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well remember Jessie got given a Gyrados and James got Tyranitar at the start of the series. So I think that somewhat rules ash out of getting Tyranitar.

by that logic, Corvinight would be ruled out as well considering their shown using one in the opening, and one could very well be in that machine.

Him getting Lucario would be dreadful from my point of view, because I'm sure that the writers would use any chance they get to showcase it, and with Pikachu and Barrierd already being popular themselves, it would be a three-way battle for screen-time between them.

if it's something popular why not go for it, I personally feel the same way towards Trapinch, even though I know it eventually has the same typing as Gible it was still a choice I wanted Ash to get back in hoenn, and if he has another chance i'd like to see it taken.

to me it's more about moves, if Ash got Lucario i'd like to see it use different moves from the standard norm that most Lucario's use, as much as I like the Hadoken (Aura Sphere) i'd be willing to forgo it, that's one thing I have to give Kakui credit for, his didn't use it or Bone Rush at all which are common moves we see on Lucario's in the anime.

His had Extremespeed, Close Combat and Dragon Pulse, definitely more interesting display.

World Turtle

Personally I feel the Trio having Tyranitar and Corviknight in that machines shouldn't prevent Ash from getting say Pupitar or Corvisquire. And its unlikely the trio will have that rental machine forever, plus the selection of the machine is random. So Ash could still get a Tyranitar and Corviknight they just won't use them at the same time.

The point of a monster of the week machine is you don't use the same monster twice in a row. So I'm not going to consider it a factor for now.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Better Ash than Go. If Go got Lucario, now that would just feel forced. What's he gonna do with it? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.