• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Better Ash than Go. If Go got Lucario, now that would just feel forced. What's he gonna do with it? lol

Why does he have to do anything in particular with his Pokemon? There have been plenty of times when we've seen cast members capture Pokemon for no real reason other than because they've bonded with them, so if Gou gets Lucario we'd just have more of the same. And frankly, it's not like Satoshi is in a better position than Gou considering how he isn't doing anything important in this saga either, at least not thus far.

dman_dustin

I just wished they were more clear about Mr. Mime from the anime.

If it was Ash's maybe some quick flashback scene to Ash capturing it, or Delia of sorts insisting that Mr. Mime is more of Ash's Pokemon than hers, or maybe even Mr. Mime bonded with Ash quite a bit and took a liking to it and officially captured it.

Maybe something like Clemont's Dedenne with Bonnie, but more like Ash actually caught Mr. Mime and then let his mother have it.

Suddenly calling it Ash's Mr. Mime just because of Detective Pikachu Mr. Mime popularity is......weird. But perhaps they'll flesh out the relationship a bit more. I mean it did seem like Mr. Mime was fond of battling and winning, so maybe seeing Ash battle all the time with his Pokemon, made Mr. Mime stir crazy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
This implies the rainbow wing would have some kind of magic power
What would it be?

I suppose it could be a signal for Houou to know where Satoshi is at all times so that it could appear wherever he is, but then again Houou seems to already know where to find Satoshi given that it's flown within Satoshi's line of sight a few times already. But I'm not convinced that the Rainbow Wing is conveniently in Satoshi's backpack, unless I missed the confirmation that it's indeed in Satoshi's possession.

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:
I just wished they were more clear about Mr. Mime from the anime.

If it was Ash's maybe some quick flashback scene to Ash capturing it, or Delia of sorts insisting that Mr. Mime is more of Ash's Pokemon than hers, or maybe even Mr. Mime bonded with Ash quite a bit and took a liking to it and officially captured it.

Maybe something like Clemont's Dedenne with Bonnie, but more like Ash actually caught Mr. Mime and then let his mother have it.

Suddenly calling it Ash's Mr. Mime just because of Detective Pikachu Mr. Mime popularity is......weird. But perhaps they'll flesh out the relationship a bit more. I mean it did seem like Mr. Mime was fond of battling and winning, so maybe seeing Ash battle all the time with his Pokemon, made Mr. Mime stir crazy.

I would like to at least see a flashback to OS that shows Satoshi capturing Barrierd and making some kind of arrangement with Hanako about its future. I doubt we'll get an actual explanation in the anime itself though, because I bet that the writers would rather have us ignore the inconsistencies and they probably don't want us to ask too many questions in the first place.

Ash-Greninja4life

I think Ash having Mr Mime is quite cool. First ever Psychic type for Ash and it has fairy typing as well which Ash doesn’t have, although it doesn’t know any Fairy moves. I think it’s a fairly strong Pokemon as proven by the last episode. Sure there could have been other psychic type Pokemon we’d have liked him to capture but it proves we are capturing old Pokemon in this series. I mean we know go is but ash I mean. Focus Punch and Psychic and the way it used Reflect wow

D

Deleted member 384931

I hope Lance wont look like a bad trainer here. Still no focus on Kalos, Unova or Alola, but I arent complaining

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
That's the thing guys. Mr. Mime had already belonged to Ash since OS. He isn't a new capture. Mr. Mime is now just being used to capitalize on Detective Pikachu and the Mr. Mime from the movie.

It isn't a good indicator on Ash capturing non-Galar Pokémon atm.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
We actually get to see Leon now. And Lance! Poor guy is gonna get creamed. And Ash still won’t remember who he is

Maybe this will finally inspire Ash to do the gyms.

It'll be like Alola and how he did trials.

instead of staying in Galar and just doing gyms he will still do the traveling with Go. Then occasionally "Oh i should go do this gym, i guess"

Status
Not open for further replies.