• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konja7

I doubt it.

They are drawing heavily from the OS to appeal to kids parents who may have watched the series when they were kids (hence the heavy focus on gen one/two Pokemon) and Galar is the new region, so it has to be shown off a bit. I think Unova, Kalos, and Aloha will be treated like Hoenn and Sinnoh are so far (they get episodes, but likely the more important episodes are in Kanto and Galar).

I think Galar has more focus than other regions (except Kanto) at first since these are the recent games.

However, I think the other regions will have its importance in the future.

We don't even know if Ash really will participate in the Pokémon World Championships. Or this just appear for a self contained episode.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I think Ash could beat Leon depending on what Pokemon he uses. If he uses his top aces in addition to Peakachu he should at least push him to Charizard

Leonhart

Imagineer
Konja7 said:
We don't even know if Ash really will participate in the Pokémon World Championships. Or this is just appear for a self contained episode.

I think it's just a self-contained episode rather than a recurring subplot. I wouldn't mind being wrong of course since I like tournament arcs, but I think that that episode is mainly meant to debut Dande rather than set up something for Satoshi.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
They can easily set up the Galar gym challenge for Ash.

Remember that in the Galar League (at least in the games), you have a chance to directly fight the Champion. So Ash taking on the Galar challenge would allow him an opportunity to eventually fight Leon. And I assume that in this episode Ash will be blown away by Leon's strength.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
We get a Gengar in each series... I'm pretty tired of them.

OS Kanto: Pokemon Tower
OS Johto: Forest, Morty's
AG: Agatha's
DP: Fantina's
BW: Decolore Islands ep
XY: Haunted House
SM: Acerola's Gengar

Can another ghost type get some love? Couldn't a prankster Drifloon have floated into Kanto following the boys from Sinnoh to cause some ruckus and Koharu ends up battling it or something with Yamper? Something other then Gengar... Ppfft.

SerenaRulez

Can another ghost type get some love? Couldn't a prankster Drifloon have floated into Kanto following the boys from Sinnoh to cause some ruckus and Koharu ends up battling it or something with Yamper? Something other then Gengar... Ppfft.

Drifloon hasn't been shown that often so it should get some love soon.

Also Phantump. I remember wanting Ash to get the shiny Phantump that we met in Kalos but it didn't happen because the writers were weird back then.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

At least they had a purpose before BW....
Now I'm as sick of seeing them as I am Eevee and Charizard! But even more so.... why exactly does Gengar need to appear over Dusknoir or the Litwiks? We've hardly seen them at all since their debut appearances! And we're surely getting another for a Giga-Gengar episode... unless they brought back Agatha, which would actually be acceptable.

The only way a prankster Gengar could work now is if it was Haunter

esquilo09

At least they had a purpose before BW....
Now I'm as sick of seeing them as I am Eevee and Charizard! But even more so.... why exactly does Gengar need to appear over Dusknoir or the Litwiks? We've hardly seen them at all since their debut appearances! And we're surely getting another for a Giga-Gengar episode... unless they brought back Agatha, which would actually be acceptable.

The only way a prankster Gengar could work now is if it was Haunter

I think it's because it is one of the most popular Pokémon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Fuwante would've been a decent choice of Ghost-type to appear in the Koharu episode since it hasn't been as overexposed as Gangar, but I think that the episode taking place in Kanto makes Gangar's role more fitting than a Shinou Ghost-type showing up out of the blue.

Zariful

I think 12 is gonna give Ash the direction he needs. I think teaser said Ash’s goal was to be the strongest. And if Leon is showing himself as the strongest, Ash is clearly going to want to defeat him. So maybe a potential endorsement from Leon himself after he discovers that Ash is a champion himself? I think Leon has a Mr.Rime so that could help Mimey motivated to help out.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I hope Ash gets motivated to face Leon in a battle. I dunno if he's ready to face him now but maybe it could become Ash's goal for the end of this series?

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I think 12 is gonna give Ash the direction he needs. I think teaser said Ash’s goal was to be the strongest. And if Leon is showing himself as the strongest, Ash is clearly going to want to defeat him. So maybe a potential endorsement from Leon himself after he discovers that Ash is a champion himself? I think Leon has a Mr.Rime so that could help Mimey motivated to help out.

I was thinking something like this. And maybe something like Leon's Mr. Rime forming a rivalry with Mimey might get him more motivated to battle in other tournaments..

World Turtle

I agree and with any luck this means Ash will do the Galar Gym Challenge or whatever the anime's spin on it will be. Seeing Ash finally start catching pokemon be they knew or old and rotating in his reserves (come on Kingler!) will be great.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I hope Ash gets motivated to face Leon in a battle. I dunno if he's ready to face him now but maybe it could become Ash's goal for the end of this series?

I definitely think it's too soon for Dande and Satoshi to battle, because I feel like Dande has the most hype out of the two of them right now and he'd likely win if they fought each other in the near future. So better to save that match for a few years from now.

game3524

I think Galar has more focus than other regions (except Kanto) at first since these are the recent games.

However, I think the other regions will have its importance in the future.

We don't even know if Ash really will participate in the Pokémon World Championships. Or this is just appear for a self contained episode.

Well, something was the catalyst that wanted him to become the "best battler". It is either Leon or the Ho-oh.

Zariful

I agree and with any luck this means Ash will do the Galar Gym Challenge or whatever the anime's spin on it will be. Seeing Ash finally start catching pokemon be they knew or old and rotating in his reserves (come on Kingler!) will be great.
I feel as though if Ash stayed on one island and still did the island trial, he can travel the 8 regions and have at least 8 episodes in Galar where he fights gyms

Leonhart

Imagineer
game3524 said:
Well, something was the catalyst that wanted him to become the "best battler". It is either Leon or the Ho-oh.

I think Houou would make the most sense simply because it's a Pokemon that he has history with, whereas Dande is just another Champion and we've seen many characters like him.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I feel as though if Ash stayed on one island and still did the island trial, he can travel the 8 regions and have at least 8 episodes in Galar where he fights gyms

that could be attributed to the fact that alola was smaller than other regions, and even then he only did 6 trials total, 2 normal and 4 Grand.

Given how Galar treats gym battles compared to other regions in the games, I really believe that spreading them out to other regions in the anime, but only having their locations available and accessible to those endorsed would be a good way to promote them, especially since Ash and Go are traveling the world.

what they decide is up to them, but i'd personally rather see this as it wouldn't force ash to go back to Galar just for that, maybe for the league tournament and a couple of the gyms but not all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.