1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was the movie manga of the Diancie movie that absolutely confirmed Ash was getting Hawlucha.

I don't recall at all Hawlucha being like Ash's Sewaddle.

There was Hawlucha merch for the movie that came out before the Diancie manga but I don't recall it being "Ash's Hawlucha" because I distinctively remember, the manga coming about and people going "Yep its confirmed, Ash really is getting a Hawlucha" but I suppose those could've been people who missed out on the "Ash's Hawlucha" merch.

MegaSalamence05 likes this.
  2. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

I remember during Sun&Moon a lot of the cast's pokemon were foreshadowed with merchandise, also during XY and I guess BW as well so it's been awhile...

Kawaii Emolga and Ubermuk like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

There was a merchandise listing a few days or weeks before the Diancie movie manga scan that confirmed Satoshi getting Luchabull was posted. It specifically listed Luchabull under the heading of "Satoshi's Pokemon" if I remember right, along with Satoshi's Hinoyakoma. But some fans didn't want to believe that Satoshi was going to get Luchabull, so that listing was conveniently ignored.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  4. Illusio

Illusio Well-Known Member

IIRC, Noipoi also got a lot of merchandise which led us to believe it would at least be on the main cast, if not caught. So Riolu getting all this attention is definitely a good sign for it to get caught.

Wait, it is?

5. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Because it failed once that makes the odds of it working the second time around less likely.

We have Go as the resident collector anyways so why not just have him use rotation so that his Pokemon from the lab get a breath of fresh air every once in a while instead of them being stuck in Sakuragi park.

esquilo09 likes this.
  6. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

At least he's gonna use Beedrill in tomorrow's episode.

Leonhart likes this.
  7. TomRC121991

TomRC121991 Well-Known Member

Who's gonna catch Golurk, Litwick, Darmanitan and Cofagrigus?
    Will it be Ash or Go?
    We're find out tomorrow.

8. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Ash might get Litwick since he was the one reacting too it. The rest will probably go to Gou.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  9. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I think Gou will capture them all with the possible exception of Hitomoshi since it wasn't promoted on the same scan that showed those other three Pokemon, which makes me believe that's meant to just be a wild species that Gou won't be able to capture for whatever reason.

CMButch, wolf jani and esquilo09 like this.
  10. Cptnmac1

Cptnmac1 Well-Known Member

Well the scan only said he'd meet those Pokemon, not necessarily capture them. Given that, I think Go will capture sandile and darmanitan. I think on of the Cotds will get golurk and I'm not sure about cofagrigus. As for litwick, as much as people want it, I don't see ash getting it. If anyone captures it, it'll be Go but I'm gonna guess it either already has a trainer or it remains wild

11. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Darmanitan and Cofagrius are probably gonna go to Go.
    But I hope one of the COTDs get away with Golurk, heavily doubt Ash will get it and Go certainly doesn't deserve a raid capture in his current state. He's no better than those shitty NPCs that insist on using Solrock or Togepi while you're using a legendary deity or a league winner

12. Hyper Missingno

Hyper Missingno Well-Known Member

I thought that too. But, when I looked at the preview picture (and preview itself), I didn't really see Litwick inside the Ruin. So, maybe he's not catching Litwick?

13. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Go may not be a good battler but he's so better than that stupid Marvin and his DAMN solrock

Leonhart, World Turtle and wolf jani like this.
  14. World Turtle

You’re forgetting Skwovet wasn’t on the scan either and Gou still got it. He might get Litwick too.

15. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

so then I take it you don't expect Ash to have many more captures then or use his old pokemon at all?

16. World Turtle

I would like to see if they can pull off rotation better with a hub location. So I’d like Ash to catch more. Not sure how many more what with all the regions on the table.

They might use this as a chance to give him all or at least some of the ones they wanted to give him in the past.

Also with this new championship structure where Ash will likely be going up and down the ranks. This gives them a lot of flexibility and if they keep it for future generations which I could see since this is the big leagues. There is nothing higher than this. They could take their time developing his Pokémon at whatever pace they want.

Also I think I’m at the point where’d I’d rather see Ash gets lots of Pokémon in the first year. Then wait 3 years for him to get five and not even have all five till the league because one had to leave for whatever reason.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  17. Almighty Zard

I still believe that the main reason rotation failed in unova was because Ash was only rotating pokemon he captured at the time, and to be fair with the exception of Krokorok, he caught every other team member before Elesa's gym, that was kind of fast for their own good.

I believe that if his reserves were rotated in they could help give the newbies some pointers and training tips, thus helping turn them out much better in the end.

BabaVanga likes this.
  18. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

It's also because of their insistence of not using them that failed as well or favoring others. Like how there were plenty of episode where nothing showed up, and Palpitoad has yet to truly get a non battle episode (or a heavy focus episode that might include battling) but sure let's have Oshawott randomly showing up for comic relief.

At least in context of sun and moon and even in context with the new series with Sakuragi lab, we can at least get some guarantee of seeing them more.

wolf jani likes this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm struggling to see how him rotating his reserves and new Pokemon all at once would have any benefit, when it sounds like it would make things even harder because then there'd be more Pokemon to rotate. I like the idea of his older Pokemon perhaps helping to train the newer ones, but that could easily happen off-screen just like how the reserves are implied to train while they're at Okido-hakase's lab.

wolf jani likes this.
  20. Almighty Zard

So how many more pokemon do you expect Ash to get and use this series?