1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I honestly find this a really hard question to answer right now when we’re not even twenty episodes in.

We have a lab as a hub setting with a place for Ash to put his reserves. Which would give them more screen time than what the BW team had.

Ash says he wants to catch lots of Pokémon too but let’s see if they have Ash live up to it. Rotation however is looking like it’ll return either way once Ash gets to the Great Ball or Ultra Ball rank. He will need the help of his reserves at Oak’s to get through to Master Ball.

We have Pokémon from all eight regions on the table as options. It makes guessing what he’ll get very hard, but this could very well be his biggest team ever.

But I’ll go for the long shot 20 or 30 at most. Because with eight regions on the table choosing is really, really hard.

2. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

I think he's only going to catch Darmanitan and maybe Litwick.

...and what about that Sandile in the scan? there's no clue about it.

esquilo09 likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Personally, I think he'll capture at least three more so that he'll have a full team. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting maybe two or three in addition to those, but I'd only accept a rotation scenario if those extra Pokemon stay at Sakuragi-hakase's lab where they'd be more accessible so that Satoshi could rotate them properly without using Okido-hakase as a middleman if that makes sense.

esquilo09 likes this.
  4. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: The bEGGinning of greatness!

Considering Dragonite is indeed living in the lab, this is a likely situation

wolf jani and esquilo09 like this.
  5. Hyper Missingno

Hyper Missingno Well-Known Member

That's the main reason why I think Ash going to catch pretty lots in this series. Since Dragonite is already living in Sakuragi's lab, Ash's future Pokemon in this series most likely going to stay in Sakuragi's lab and that makes Ash much easier to access his box Pokemon.

wolf jani and Paul1985 like this.
  6. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

So here's another bit from that 720 Election Poll. To the surprise of no one 24 Kanto Pokemon made it in to the top 100. Let's see who got in and if popularity is such a factor this time around who Ash and Gou might get

Mew-Gou
    Pikachu-Ash
    Charizard-Ash

Mewtwo-No one
    Eevee-Ash (evolves to Espeon) and Gou
    Magnemite-Gou and don't one of the lab assistants have one?
    Gengar-Ash (please)
    Jigglypuff-Gou (or he tries to catch it only to get put to sleep every time)
    Snorlax-Ash
    Articuno-No one
    Ditto-Gou
    Dragonite-Ash
    Zapdos-No one
    Moltres-No one
    Raichu-Gou
    Blastoise-No one, Gou, or Ash (if Squirtle comes back and evolves)
    Arbok-Gou or Jessie
    Lapras-Ash (maybe they'll bring it back?)
    Meowth-TR
    Bulbasaur-Ash
    Magikarp-Gou
    Flareon-Gou
    Porygon-BANNED
    Machamp-Gou (caught in a raid battle)

I'm pretty sure most of these or members of their evolution lines have been among the Kanto Pokemon promoted since the new series started.

TBH, I'd rather Ash get a lot in the first year and a half or so and they try to give everyone balanced screen time for the remaining (while rotating in his reserves). Then wait 3 years for Ash to get 5 Pokemon only to not have a full team till the league because 1 of them had to leave for plot related reasons.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

The fact that Purin's apparently as popular as ever worries me since there's a chance that it'll be caught by someone, most likely Gou unless the writers surprise us by having Koharu attain it, which sounds vaguely plausible since it seems like it would suit her. But I'm feeling incredibly anti-Purin lately.

8. Zoneman29

Zoneman29 Well-Known Member

I can see Go gets Raichu Marill Kangaskhan and Gyarados plus his Scyther evolve also Ash gets Eleckid plus his Snorlax returns & the same Gible and Larvitar but evolve.

9. batman14

batman14 Well-Known Member

Maybe the Kangaskhan is the one Pikachu so Ash might get it if that is the case

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  10. Hyper Missingno

If Ash catches Kengaskhan, I doubt it'll be one with Pikachu.

11. batman14

tbh thats the only way i see him getting a Kengaskhan imo

12. Hyper Missingno

I'm kind of doubt that Kangaskhan willing to leave the herd to be with Pikachu. I feel more like just gives chance for Pikachu to properly say goodbye to his mother.

Besides, it isn't like Ash is getting Kangaskhan or not (I feel like Go going to capture it, but it is totally unrelated with Pikachu one).

13. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Just pointing this out but it wouldn't be the first time that a pokemon choose to leave it's family to travel with Ash heck just look at Rowlet, and not only that but Meltan was willing to leave the other Meltan to be with Ash and Rowlet. So I don't think Kangaskhan being part of a herd would really stop it from leaving the herd to be with Pikachu. I'm not saying that it's guranteed to happen, however I don't think that Ash catching that Kangaskhan can really be ruled out just becuase it's part of a herd.

batman14 likes this.
  14. batman14

Like i said maybe not that is going to happen and Rowlet left his family

15. Hyper Missingno

Well, I'm not really ruled out about Ash catching Kangaskhan; I'm just saying it is totally unrelated to the one which bonded with Pikachu like I'm not sure Kangaskhan willing to leave the herd just stay with Pikachu.

I feel like the first episode is kind give hints for Pikachu will eventually meet with his adoptive mother which give chance to actually say goodbye.

16. Hyper Missingno

I know about Rowlet. But, for me, Kengaskhan one give more deeper development than Rowlet's episode. I feel like this one gives more emotional appeal than Rowlet.

17. batman14

Maybe I was just saing it could happen but if he had to get one more kanto not counting Gengar it would be one of the rock/ground types

18. Hyper Missingno

Why rock/ground types?

19. batman14

Because he didnt get them in Kanto

20. Hyper Missingno

He doesn't have one for steel as well.