• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

And still Ash capture Lapras, who is based on Nessie. Is a bit contradictory.

It doesn't have to be universal with all Pokemon based on cryptids. Dunsparce is based on a Japanese Cryptid so the kids in Japan would get the joke better. Well that's the theory anyways. I honestly don't care either way it's just a suggestion for why they did it (Ash try and catch a Dunsparce) twice.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Wonder how Go’s goal will work with the Galar Pokémon, surely he won’t masscatch a bunch of Pokémon that haven’t even debuted and gotten proper focus? With the Wild Area being a thing and a known hub for catching and battling I’ll be surprised if it isn’t utilized at some point for Go’s catch fest. Speaking of catching I would really like the return of unique Monster Balls, Gladion keeping his Blacky that was injured as an Eevee, his father’s Zoroark he met at night, and his literal chimera buddy in Heal, Dusk and Cherish Balls was always a sweet detail. If Go wants to catch em’ all and that’s being used as a goal make him really invest in things like different Monster Balls, moves meant to make catching easier, better training and all with status moves.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I'm glad Ash never got Dunsparce since it doesn't evolve or have any special powers that would make it worthwhile on his team.

And no don't give me that 'maybe it'll evolve next Gen' excuse that people love using for every other Pokemon.

World Turtle

He dodged a bullet there then lol. I dunno I just don't like Scyther - or Scizor - so I'm thankful that Go caught it because that means that we probably won't see Scyther that often.

For me its not necessarily dislike, but it's a either one or the other situation because I feel certain Pokemon just work better as rivals to one another then Ash having both. Like Pidgeot vs. Fearow.

While Scyther might be ok and be a good Bug/Flying replacement for Butterfree. Scizor has the problem of being something of a rival bug to Heracross. They fought in Johto and it was a good fight for that period. And well sure you could say "Well Ash's Scyther doesn't have to evolve" and maybe that'd be a solution, but I feel I need to take the entire evolution line into account so I can't just ignore it.

Speaking of Kanto Ash now has 12-16 Kanto captures (counting the Tauros as 1) depending on the source. Pikachu, Butterfree (Released), Pidgeot (Released), Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Kingler, Raticate (Traded for then back), Primeape, Muk, Tauros, Mr. Mime, Lapras (Released), Snorlax, Beedrill (gave away), Seaking (wasn't allowed to keep it).

Of these I would not count Raticate, Beedrill, and Seaking. On a technical level yes, but in spirit these 3 are not Ash's Pokemon.

That said I'm honestly annoyed Haunter was excluded if they're willing to count Raticate and Seaking. He got Ash his Marsh Badge for crying out loud! The Japanese title for his debut episode even was "Capture at Pokemon Tower". If Ash has to get anything else from Kanto the Gastly line would be my top pick. Everything else? Cross-region evolutions or regional variants.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I'm glad Ash never got Dunsparce since it doesn't evolve or have any special powers that would make it worthwhile on his team.

And no don't give me that 'maybe it'll evolve next Gen' excuse that people love using for every other Pokemon.

I admit that I normally dislike Pokemon that can't evolve, although personally I think that Nokocchi is quirky and kind of adorable. It's also rare, so I've always wanted someone to catch one, and Gou probably will at the rate he's going.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Wonder how Go’s goal will work with the Galar Pokémon, surely he won’t masscatch a bunch of Pokémon that haven’t even debuted and gotten proper focus? With the Wild Area being a thing and a known hub for catching and battling I’ll be surprised if it isn’t utilized at some point for Go’s catch fest. Speaking of catching I would really like the return of unique Monster Balls, Gladion keeping his Blacky that was injured as an Eevee, his father’s Zoroark he met at night, and his literal chimera buddy in Heal, Dusk and Cherish Balls was always a sweet detail. If Go wants to catch em’ all and that’s being used as a goal make him really invest in things like different Monster Balls, moves meant to make catching easier, better training and all with status moves.
Now there's a good excuse to revisit Kurt in Johto. That would be a nice bit of continuity.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Alternate Pokeball types are seriously underrated. Something I think would be cool too is if Go actually nicknamed his Pokemon. There's a ton of them so it wouldn't have to be anything super deep for each one, but it would add a personal touch if he referenced Pokemon he caught by unique names he'd given them. Would help make it feel less like he's just catching drones to fill out a checklist.

nickdt

I'd love Ash to do both the Minor and Major Galar Leagues. 18 gyms? That'd be more then enough for reserves and whatever new Galar captures he makes. It also gives him plenty to do while Gou works to catch all 890 Pokemon.

If they go the league route, Ash most likely does the main ones, with Gou doing some Minor league matches to get a taste for battling.

Red and Blue

Both Ash and Go could catch a Kubfu and recieve both forms of Urshifu. Or the Dark one could go to Marnie

World Turtle

So Galar Slowpoke is pure Psychic-type. If it evolves into Galar Slowking it might be a good fit for Ash's "Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass" character trait. Also Ash did have that King's Rock back in Johto that Misty's Poliwhirl later used to evolve. Idk know if anyone considered Ash getting a Slowpoke because of that, but I could see it.

I like a theme so Ash getting psychic types that reflect his "intelligence" or how people view his intelligence. You know being a stock Idiot Hero and all. Mr. Mime is a clown and Slowpoke is a dope. They'd fit this perfectly.

I wonder what else will be getting Galar Forms? Man this is totally going to change my picks for Ash's team.

If they’re going to promote the DLC, then Kubfu seems like the perfect capture for Ash to have as promotion only to evolve into Dusk Urshifu

I can see it. I was really hoping for Grapploct though. I mean I want to say no because its a Legendary and it might get released later, but he did get Melmetal who is a Mythical and kept him or can at least call Kukui for him if it comes up.

Zariful

I’m wondering if we think Godzilla Mode Inteleon could appear in the anime? And would they feel comfortable letting Ash have one? Or is the fact that it has a sniper rifle too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.