• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Personally, I would say Grookey will be the one. Of all the Pokemon Ash have, Water types are the most abundant type, so I think Ash can skip Sooble. Then again, the main characters always have the three starters of the new region; so, even although he shouldn't have it, Ash will get Sooble, along with Grookey. We will have to wait until we see all the Pokemon in this Generation, to see which new Fire Type suits Ash better.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
We were all lied to about the 18 gyms... So I'm back to wondering how this regional thing is gonna work for Ash and what he accomplishes this time

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
We were all lied to about the 18 gyms... So I'm back to wondering how this regional thing is gonna work for Ash and what he accomplishes this time

Lol, you assumed. All that was said was that the region had relegation like soccer where gyms could be promoted or relegated with 18 in both leagues. As normal fans wildly speculated something when it wasn’t there.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Lol, you assumed. All that was said was that the region had relegation like soccer where gyms could be promoted or relegated with 18 in both leagues. As normal fans wildly speculated something when it wasn’t there.
ಠ_ಠ Buddy, I follow Joe and his Serebii account on twitter... there's no assumption making there. He was given information, sent it out because that is kind of a big deal, which ended up being bungled up either way and apologized. If I'm a sucker, then you better call out the forum creator and owner too since he also thought it was legit info.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So they might have shown Galarian Ponyta during the livestream. If it's legit and a Fairy type I wouldn't mind it going to Ash
It might be Galarian Blitzle or a completely new Pokemon as well. It's probably not going to be a Galarian Mudbray because they already showed off the regular form.

World Turtle

Speaking of regional forms their introduction makes me think if they would give Ash any past region Pokemon. It needs to be either:

1) A Pokemon the writers know is unlikely to ever get a variant form like an Eeveelution or Fossil or "what other typing would this one have?"

2) The writers know this is the version of the species the fans would want.
Kanto Gengar, Johto Tyranitar, Sinnoh Lucario, Alolan Passimian, etc.

3) Stuff like Hoenn Zangoose. Jessie has a Seviper in Hoenn (and if Ash brings his oldies back so can TR). Zangoose and Seviper are natural enemies.

So they might have shown Galarian Ponyta during the livestream. If it's legit and a Fairy type I wouldn't mind it going to Ash

Picture please!

World Turtle

There will be 18 gyms, but you'll only get to visit 8 of them in each game. And most of those 8 are going to be the same across both games, so that makes for a whole lot of gyms that are just going to mentioned in passing as existing in places you can't visit.

I was thinking we might be able to battle the other 10 gym leaders in a post-game battle facility.

In the anime I was thinking that the minor league is scattered across the other regions because that's where their corporate sponsors are based and before he can take on the major league Ash has to battle the minor league, but I can still see how he'd get Galar Pokemon even while traveling through the other regions.

He gets his first starter (1) and the bird (2) when he arrives in Galar, he is followed by the other starter into another region (3), he encounters a Galarmon that has been abandoned by its trainer in another region (4), and he wins the egg of a Galarmon (maybe a Galar Form) in another region (5), and gets one more (6) when he returns to Galar.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I dont think ash needs a lucario in his team, since the anime has a knack of making ash vs lucario in last 4 series it will be better writing to have ash face off against lucario rather than having himself, i would prefer a sikorupi to be captured if he ever catches a sinnoh pokemon.
Kanto-Haunter Johto- Larvitar, Espeon Hoenn-Bagon Sinnoh- Skorupi Kalos-Honedge Alola- Alolan sandslash.
Those are my picks for previous pokemon if he ever catches one.

Red and Blue

Speaking of regional forms their introduction makes me think if they would give Ash any past region Pokemon. It needs to be either:

1) A Pokemon the writers know is unlikely to ever get a variant form like an Eeveelution or Fossil or "what other typing would this one have?"

2) The writers know this is the version of the species the fans would want.
Kanto Gengar, Johto Tyranitar, Sinnoh Lucario, Alolan Passimian, etc.

3) Stuff like Hoenn Zangoose. Jessie has a Seviper in Hoenn (and if Ash brings his oldies back so can TR). Zangoose and Seviper are natural enemies.

Picture please!
https://poisonburden.tumblr.com/post/188128895160/video-of-new-pokemon-from-glimwood-tangle

Here you go. You can make out Ponyta's face

World Turtle

Eh, I'm just thinking if they want to ever really pander to the fanbase Lucario would be the most likely for him to get in Sinnoh. I could just as easily see Gou getting it at his Sinnoh capture.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Don't worry. I'm sure the writers will make something up on the spot.

Actually, that would be pretty easy. Have there be two conferences/Leagues, like in baseball and American Football. You could have Ash challenge one conference, while another companion, assuming it's not Gou since his goal seems to be Pokémon Collection, challenges the other. Heck, there could be two League conferences based on which set of gyms were challenged with the winners of each conference facing each other in a Pokémon Super Bowl-like battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.