• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
I think ash should get galarian ponytail if he doesn't get impidimp

Henry's Journey

So the 18 gyms thing was debunked? Lol, it wasn't GF's fault tho but Game Informer's misleading...

Ok I hope a trailer is shown tomorrow, I wanna see a bit of animation at least, I'm optimistic about the new series.

Hanto

Water Addiction
I think ash should get galarian ponytail if he doesn't get impidimp
That's too girly Pokemon for the male main protagonist, so Ash is out of possibility to get it. Last time we saw "feminine" Pokemon with him was bayleef/snivy, both of which gave me more "unisex" vibes.

kickachu

Momentai!
That's too girly Pokemon for the male main protagonist, so Ash is out of possibility to get it. Last time we saw "feminine" Pokemon with him was bayleef/snivy, both of which gave me more "unisex" vibes.
tell that to dark magician girl on yugioh and what if he caught a male one instead

Hanto

Water Addiction
If we're not getting a female companion who are the characters going to ask if she's Ash's boyfriend
Ash is Goe's bae after all

Red and Blue

First time for everything. That could make Galarian Ponyta passionate for battles despite its feminine appearance

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
You make a solid point there Almighty Zard, Ash and Aura haven't hung around much since DP anyway.
After what they pulled with Greninja, I think any sense of Ash and the supernatural got kicked out the front door.
Although to be fair, all Ash gained from this was a shared pain... him being able to see what Greninja can see doesn't exactly help Ash out bar maybe a surroundings issue.

Sham

The Guardian of War
What if the Galar league is like the Wallace Cup? The Wallace Cup Ribbon is recognized in each Grand Festival no matter the region. What if the Galar league is the first league that accepts any badges in the region?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
First time for everything. That could make Galarian Ponyta passionate for battles despite its feminine appearance
But still, considering that Japan tends to be more conservative than the US when it comes to social issues they are probably not going to give Ash a Pokemon that feminine.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
But still, considering that Japan tends to be more conservative than the US when it comes to social issues they are probably not going to give Ash a Pokemon that feminine.
They gave him Bayleef, Snivy, and Unfezant (who flat out has a gender difference)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
What if the Galar league is like the Wallace Cup? The Wallace Cup Ribbon is recognized in each Grand Festival no matter the region. What if the Galar league is the first league that accepts any badges in the region?
Then that means that Ash can just skip straight to the League in the first few episodes, removing the sense of progression.

That's different from giving him a pony Pokemon that looks like it came straight out of MLP.
Well all things considered; even though he never owned it, he DID ride on a Ponyta owned by another Trainer to help win a race.

So maybe it's not as farfetched as we might think. Hopefully though, they give Ash a cool team like they did in Kalos, Sinnoh and Alola.
(Hoenn team was alright as well, just not as memorable as those three regions).

World Turtle

I think I want to see all the Gen 8 Pokemon before placing my bets down on anything. Idk maybe its the lack of reveals or maybe its because the Gen 7 hype train burned me out.

Also I want to know what Galar Rapidash looks like. I want to see the entire line before making any decisions.

Heck, this is probably why I'm entertaining the idea of Ash catching previous region pokemon during this 'world tour series' so much is because as least I'll have something complete to work with.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Then that means that Ash can just skip straight to the League in the first few episodes, removing the sense of progression.
That’s assuming that Ash kept track of all his badges which we have no knowledge of.

Status
Not open for further replies.