1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

This is entirely just an opinion and speculation, he’s tried to catch feminine/pink/girly Pokemon many times like when he wanted to get a Lucky/Chansey during OS or wanted cute/feminine Chikorita because he liked Nanako/Casey’s. Where did meme come from?

2. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

Though I'm grateful the writers got their heads out their butts for one gen and actually let Ash participle in the main gen gimmick with the Z Moves. I sadly don't see that happening with Gigantimax at all. It's seems gimmicks that rely on older Pokemon form changing they don't want to involve Ash with. Though with plenty of Gen 8 mons having them also that might change

Yankees4life likes this.
  3. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

And I really hope that doesn't happen... Eevees are doing less and less on the main cast, just existing for marketing purposes basically.
    Eevee should go to Ash if anyone, cause it'd get to do stuff.... and even if there are no new Eeveelutions, nothing says Ash can't bring back his Eevee to showcase a later Eeveelution

4. TomRC121991

TomRC121991 Well-Known Member

I hope Ash will catch some all the Unowns from Ruins of Alph.

5. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I'm thinking that Ash might use Gigantamax.

6. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

that was one of the problems with mega evolution, not only that but unlike Z-moves and Dynamaxing, only a handful of pokemon had access to the ability, with only one current gen pokemon capable of doing it (Diancie), where as with these two it seems like every pokemon is able to pull them off.

Giagantamaxing on the other hand seems more akin to mega-evolution where only certain pokemon can do it, only this time we're not seeing exclusion from un-evolved pokemon, and as you said we've seen clearly that some of the new pokemon are already capable of doing it.

If Pikachu is capable of doing it, then it probably will at some point, that's the difference maker.

Zoruagible likes this.
  7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Pikachu having it is a bit worryingly honestly, but mostly because of how long it'll be until Ash likely has another Gigantimax form Pokemon. Assuming the Galar starters do get one, and don't wind up cheated in favor of the overrated Kanto starters like the poor Kalos starters did

8. Almighty Zard

the thing is, even though it's been stated Dynamax/Giaganatmaxing can be used outside of Galar in the anime, I seriously doubt they'll abuse it.

I'm still annoyed Ash wasn't allowed to get a mega, I get that Greninja was popular but highjacking it wasn't the best recourse option imo.

9. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

I guess it would've been very weird if Greninja was there as a akward secondary ace and Mega Charizard Z or whatever hogged all the development. I guess it was the best compromise they could come up with

10. Almighty Zard

if they had made Greninja's change an actual mega form and not some "oh look it's a legendary once in a generation thing" with details that were still never explained in full, I wouldn't have been so negative to it.

BabaVanga and Yankees4life like this.
  11. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

The fact that he doesn’t have a Dyna Band is pretty telling he’s most likely not gonna use it or not until they reach Galar

12. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind if they finally gave him one, I always thought that he should have had one to begin with along with Lucario. Maybe they may give him one this time we shall see

Redstar45 likes this.
  13. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

As far as Ash getting a Fairy type goes there is always Granbull, but I love dogs so I might be a little bias here. XD

Seriously though, based on what I've read about Granbull's possible inspiration the "Cù-sìth" (which literally means dog fairy and is a mythological creature from Celtic mythology). I'm hoping Granbull will get a Galar Form that'll be Fairy/Ghost.

14. Jangobadass

Jangobadass The Coolest Character int he Worst Series

That depends on if they even have Gigantamax...

I mean, I sure hope they do, but the lack of focus on Galar--and lack of focus in general--has me a bit concerned...

An even bigger question is if the TRio will use it with Meowth. o_O

Redstar45 likes this.
  15. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

That would imply TRio could acquire money easily, which we all know can never be the case.

World Turtle likes this.
  16. TomRC121991

TomRC121991 Well-Known Member

Will Ash will catch some Psychic, Ghost and Fairy Type?
    Such as...
    Lunatone, Solrock, Abra, Smoochum, Natu, Unown, Bronzor, Exeggcute, Espurr, Ralts, Baltoy, Solosis, Sigiyph Elgyem, Drowzee, Spoink.

Shuppet, Honedge, Duskull, Gastly, Sableye, Litwick, Phantump, Spirtomb, Golett, Misdreavus

Cleffa, Mawile, Azurill

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  17. Ash not having a proper mega is the result of Gen 6 having only one mega, which is Diancie. He couldn't get a previous generation mega either because Ash only catches Pokemon from the current region that he's traveling. This meant Ash-Greninja was created as a pseudo-mega replacement for a traditional mega.

Redstar45 likes this.
  18. So he should have actually caught Diancie instead of maybe noivern!

19. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I can bet there will be a character who has Giga Charizard instead of Ash. LOL

Jangobadass and Redstar45 like this.
  20. Jangobadass

Jangobadass The Coolest Character int he Worst Series

That's what I figured too.
    Though they could lose all that money by spending it on robots and equipment that would be destroyed, or be robbed.

Just as long as it isn't Alain.
    They'll probably have someone else use Giga-Chu too...

CMButch, Trey pokes and Redstar45 like this.