• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptnmac1

Ash's two mysterious Pokémon are either Litwick/Gengar, Grookey, Sobble (or both.) and Riolu.
Out of all those Gengar and riolu seems the most likely as both of them have been constantly appearing in merchandise. The only thing we've seen that even hints at litwick is a chandelure appearing in merchandise once. The other starters are obviously gonna appear and most likely be on the main cast but there's no telling a far away that is

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I hope he gets neither Gengar nor Riolu/Lucario, because those are both already extremely overused in the anime and I'm sick of Kanto getting MORE emphasis and Lucario being overhyped as usual.

World Turtle

Out of all those Gengar and riolu seems the most likely as both of them have been constantly appearing in merchandise. The only thing we've seen that even hints at litwick is a chandelure appearing in merchandise once. The other starters are obviously gonna appear and most likely be on the main cast but there's no telling a far away that is

I'll give it to the end of the year. Like maybe they'll give Ash Pokemon from the first seven regions before hitting Galar?

esquilo09

I hope he gets neither Gengar nor Riolu/Lucario, because those are both already extremely overused in the anime and I'm sick of Kanto getting MORE emphasis and Lucario being overhyped as usual.
You do know that Lucario is more overused than it's pre evolved form, don't you?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I, honestly, think Ash has enough for Kanto Pokemon. I would rather Ash to get Pokemon from different region.

And that is exactly why I'm not riding the Sandslash train, despite wanting him to get a Sandslash since the OS.
However I'm riding the Alolan Sandslash train forever, that should have happened. And Ash getting a second Ice type is long overdue, Glalie's the only one he owns. Alola Sandslash gets my vote all the way!

What about Ash using Boldore (even evolving into Gigalith)?

I don't mind bringing Larvitar back. But, I'm not sure bringing him back just because of Ash need Rock type.

Well Ash only owns two Rock types... and one just got a lot of focus. Not like the three main types, Flying, and Fighting where Ash owns an entire arsenal of all those types! So long as it is actually that Larvitar and they don't pull another Gengar on us, straight up giving him a Tyranitar(Which would be incredibly dumb), everything will be fine. I want Gigalith to happen too, but getting Tyranitar won't prevent that

It's going to be very frustrating if Riolu is the only older Pokemon that Ash is allowed to get base form.

Henry's Journey

Sure Ash is not doing the gyms, but there is no reason why we can't still see the gym leaders without Go having to challenge the gyms as they can easily have some of the gym leaders enter the ranking system of the world tournament.

I think Ash could still challenge some of the Galar gym leaders in the World Championship and it wouln't be bad at all if Go gets more experienced and gets to fight some of them as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheWanderingMist said:

I agree, especially about the Kanto pandering which I've had enough of especially now that Satoshi has Kairyu. Gangar probably wouldn't be so bad on its own if it had been caught instead of Kairyu, but now its capture would just irk me.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Never say never to the gym leaders, they can still show up even with the badge quest formula now officially an ancient relic.
There's just no reason to include them if no one is challenging the Gyms. I think that Ash's opponents will be all anime-original characters except for the game Champions.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It would be hard for Ash to get Lucario because of possible continuity issues.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Henry's Journey said:
I think Ash could still challenge some of the Galar gym leaders in the World Championship and it wouln't be bad at all if Go gets more experienced and gets to fight some of them as well.

I think that Satoshi should be the only one who gets to battle the Galar Gym Leaders either at their Gyms or at a Pokemon World Tournament since he's never met them before, which I feel should give him priority over Gou to battle them. If Gou needs to battle Gym Leaders, there are over 40 others that have appeared from Kanto through Kalos that he can battle against, instead.

World Turtle

Thinking about it I hope that Cubone episode is another dozen or so capture spree for Gou since it takes place in Kanto. The sooner he catches everything in Kanto but Porygon (banned) and the legendary the sooner we don’t have to be in Kanto as much save for Ash’s battles and the occasional Mew hunt

Last edited:

esquilo09

Thinking about it I hope that Cubone episode is another dozen or so capture spree for Gou since it takes place in Kanto. The sooner he catches everything in Kanto but Porygon (banned) and the legendary the sooner we don’t have to be in Kanto as much save for Ash’s battles.
Go will probably catch Cubone and Mankey too.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We already know that Gou isn't catching Litwick because it's not present in that magazine scan from earlier that features Gou's likely captures in the upcoming episode.

ShadowForce720

There's just no reason to include them if no one is challenging the Gyms. I think that Ash's opponents will be all anime-original characters except for the game Champions.

Not really, just because Gym Leaders are normally fought in gyms doesn't mean that they can't enter competitions and be fought elsewhere. Will there be some anime-exclusive characters that Ash will fight in the whole ranking system? Yes, but there isn't any actual reason why Gym Leaders, Elite 4 members, and other characters can't participate in the ranking system as well. Plus do to the nature of the ranking system it makes it easier for the writers to have Ash battle characters that he hasn't battled yet or that they didn't have a chance to introduce yet, for instance they could easily just throw in a battle against a Sinnoh Frontier Brain, or have Ash wind up having a rematch against Palmer or even fight one of the Hoenn Elite 4 members that haven't appeared in the anime yet etc.

Zoruagible

What I'm most curious about is if the battles will be mostly 1 v 1? Or like 3 v 3?

I can't imagine 6 v 6 for every battle.

Hopefully 3v3.
Ash only using one Pokemon in every battle is just plain boring. Especially as they still love to go and pick favorites, Greninja and Pikachu had the most in XY, Lycanroc and Pikachu had the most in SM....

I'd like to see the others actually get to do something, especially as there's a very great chance that Ash will have more than 6 active Pokemon on his team.
When he gets in the higher ranks though, I'd like to see it gradually grow. That way there's more than one 6v6 this time, and the rivals can have more than just two/three Pokemon a piece again

ShadowForce720

It would be hard for Ash to get Lucario because of possible continuity issues.

Not really, they don't have to mention Aura in order for Ash to catch a Riolu and evolve it into Lucario, and worse to worse if they really want to they can bring up Aura again if they want to go that route. It's not a case of where they have to mention or Aura in order for Ash to get a Riolu/Lucario.

We already know that Gou isn't catching Litwick because it's not present in that magazine scan from earlier that features Gou's likely captures in the upcoming episode.

Not that I'm saying that Gou will definitely catch Litwick, but your argument doesn't work because Gou caught a Skwovet and in episode 13 even though it wasn't on the scans. So if Gou can get Skwovet even though it's not on the scans then he can get a Litwick despite it not being on the scans. That being said that doesn't mean that I necessarily think that Gou will catch the Litwick.

Zoruagible

Thinking about it I hope that Cubone episode is another dozen or so capture spree for Gou since it takes place in Kanto. The sooner he catches everything in Kanto but Porygon (banned) and the legendary the sooner we don’t have to be in Kanto as much save for Ash’s battles and the occasional Mew hunt

Then we should get a safari zone episode.
That'd get rid of a massive chunk of the Kanto dex...

Status
Not open for further replies.