• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I wonder if Ash also going to catch something if they go to Safari Zone. Or just watch Go catching everything.

Well if Ash were to catch something at the Safari Zone now I would think the two main candidates would be either a Rhyhorn or a Kangaskhan. Rhyhorn because after Tauros it was one of the 1st pokemon besides Tauros that Ash tried to catch in the Safari Zone but Tauros got in the way. As for Kangaskhan there is a possibility that the Kangaskhan that was Ash's Pikachu's Adoptive Mother may have moved to the Safari Zone and if that is the case then it could wound up deciding to join Ash's team so that it can be with it's adoptive child and see it's adoptive child more often.

World Turtle

Well if Ash were to catch something at the Safari Zone now I would think the two main candidates would be either a Rhyhorn or a Kangaskhan. Rhyhorn because after Tauros it was one of the 1st pokemon besides Tauros that Ash tried to catch in the Safari Zone but Tauros got in the way. As for Kangaskhan there is a possibility that the Kangaskhan that was Ash's Pikachu's Adoptive Mother may have moved to the Safari Zone and if that is the case then it could wound up deciding to join Ash's team so that it can be with it's adoptive child and see it's adoptive child more often.

And at the very least Rhyhorn/Rhydon has a cross-region evolution that would give him another Sinnoh Pokemon even if it starts as a Kanto Pokemon.

And Kangaskhan has a Mega Evolution so that could be used to promote Kalos or at least Gen 6 stuff.

While I would rather Ash not get anymore Kanto Pokemon (aside from Gengar) I'm willing to make exceptions for the ones that cross into other regions.

Hyper Missingno

I'm not really sure about that one. I think Pikachu will reunite with Kangaskhan in future, but I doubt they'll join Ash. More like they reunite, spend some time, then properly saying good bye to his adoptive mother and they'll move on.

If Ash catches Kangaskhan, I feel like it'll be completely unrelated one with Pikachu.

World Turtle

Ash captures an additional 30 Tauros!

Just saying the whole reason I suggest Ash catch like 20-30 Pokemon here is so people might stop giving him flak for that. Though technically he has caught over 29 Pokemon since then so maybe its a moot point now.

/////

I am really curious where the anime is going if this is the new format from now on since they can take their sweet time getting Ash up that ladder. Even when Gen 9 comes around they can just incorporate that into the current setting at their own pace. This is the World Championships. There is nothing higher than this. Going back to a badge quest and a regional league would be a step down for Ash.

Heck, I could see the Champion of the Gen 9 region defeating Ash in the Top 8 and then defeating Leon being the new guy Ash has to beat.

And because they can possibly "take their time" now what does this mean for captures? Like if they have a list of possible captures for Ash from the past regions that just didn't make the cut for whatever reason. Maybe they're using this new set up to give at least some of them to Ash.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
You do know that Lucario is more overused than it's pre evolved form, don't you?
I do, but the odds of it staying a Riolu for long are very small, considering it evolves by friendship and happiness.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I am really curious where the anime is going if this is the new format from now on since they can take their sweet time getting Ash up that ladder. Even when Gen 9 comes around they can just incorporate that into the current setting at their own pace. This is the World Championships. There is nothing higher than this. Going back to a badge quest and a regional league would be a step down for Ash.

Heck, I could see the Champion of the Gen 9 region defeating Ash in the Top 8 and then defeating Leon being the new guy Ash has to beat.

And because they can possibly "take their time" now what does this mean for captures? Like if they have a list of possible captures for Ash from the past regions that just didn't make the cut for whatever reason. Maybe they're using this new set up to give at least some of them to Ash.

Nothing higher, true.

I hope they let him beat Leon, the gen 9 champion taking over as the 'world champion' would be acceptable so long as the former happens. They're sure to have the gen 9 champion take over, it'd give inspiration to Ash to visit the region and discover whatever his new homebase is(I'm fine with the goal sticking but Vermillion needs to GO after this saga is up. Not even 15 episodes and I'm already sick of Kanto! You can't miss something if it never leaves! That's why I miss Johto and Unova, they barely get much focus nowadays)

Ash would be starting from the ground up again if he's competiting again, so a new location and focus would keep the goal fresh. Along with a new batch of challengers in gen 9 characters. And hopefully the new champion is a female, it'd be lovely if Ash's main obstacle was a female for a change.... and this is probably the only way it'll happen >.>

I'm curious how they'll handle new captures for him next saga, if he actually gets all the popular older Pokemon now.... what's left? The ones they skipped again?(Like Blaziken, Scizor, etc) Reserves utilized while the only new Pokemon are gen 9 Pokemon?

Red and Blue

Has the anime ever addressed evolution through high friendship? Even if it did they can stretch out time between Riolu's evolution

Brock's Happiny didn't evolve until near the end of DP

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
Thinking about it I hope that Cubone episode is another dozen or so capture spree for Gou since it takes place in Kanto. The sooner he catches everything in Kanto but Porygon (banned) and the legendary the sooner we don’t have to be in Kanto as much save for Ash’s battles and the occasional Mew hunt

I don't have anything against Gou going on another capture spree, although in the upcoming episode I think he'll be limited to capturing Karakara and Mankey since they're the only known wild Pokemon in that episode so far.

TheWanderingMist

Has the anime ever addressed evolution through high friendship? Even if it did they can stretch out time between Riolu's evolution

Happiny have to be holding an Oval Stone with high friendship during the daytime.

kickachu

Momentai!
Just saying the whole reason I suggest Ash catch like 20-30 Pokemon here is so people might stop giving him flak for that. Though technically he has caught over 29 Pokemon since then so maybe its a moot point now.

/////

can't we get through the three years of gen 8 before we talk about gen 9? Plus if ash loses to someone other than Leon it will be good inspiration

TheWanderingMist

Brock's Happiny had her Oval Stone since she hatched

Point still stands that they can have Ash's possible Lucario stay a Riolu for as long as they need it to despite evolving through high friendship.
Even so, I don't want either there at all, and would much prefer Ash to get Litwick or Golurk.

World Turtle

I'm curious how they'll handle new captures for him next saga, if he actually gets all the popular older Pokemon now.... what's left? The ones they skipped again?(Like Blaziken, Scizor, etc) Reserves utilized while the only new Pokemon are gen 9 Pokemon?

Thinking about it I don't know about giving Ash all the popular Pokemon. I kind of want to see him get Pokemon he tried to catch or 'befriended, but did not catch' in the past. Even if they're different members of the same species (since you know its been years since some of those episodes first aired). I'd still like to see him get the "ones that got away" first before anything else.

And well Ash did want to catch Mr. Mime and they ended up retconning that he did and IIRC he wanted to get a Dratini in the Safari Zone episode and was rescued by a Dragonair from drowning and now he has a Dragonite.

And we know he's getting two more captures soon thanks to that magazine scan with the two (?) Pokemon and if they turn out to be this Gengar (which would make up for his attempt to get a Ghost type in Kanto in the past) and a Riolu (he has befriended one during DP and its evolved form in M08). Well there's another two that got away checked off.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I do have to wonder.

Is the tournament a "you lose, you're out" system, or is it a "you lose, your rank goes down and you'll have to win battles to raise it" system? Hopefully the latter. Otherwise the result of every battle will be clear by the time it starts.

I'm thinking if you're at the 1000 rank of the Normal Class and you lose, you're out until next season but if you're 999 rank or above your rank goes down.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan

Ash's Swadloon
Brock's Golbat

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
Thinking about it I don't know about giving Ash all the popular Pokemon. I kind of want to see him get Pokemon he tried to catch or 'befriended, but did not catch' in the past. Even if they're different members of the same species (since you know its been years since some of those episodes first aired). I'd still like to see him get the "ones that got away" first before anything else.

I suppose I can see the benefit of something like that since there are plenty of Pokemon from the past that I thought Satoshi should've gotten. The only downside that I see is that the number of missed opportunities is huge, so you could easily make an argument that practically any species of Pokemon from the past is an option for Satoshi's team in this series, and narrowing down the plausible captures will be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.