1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

So I just watched the Pidgeot scene and regardless of if something happens with it, it was a weird scene to include because it didn't interact with anyone or anything. Ash didn't notice or see it, Go didn't either, there was just a random Pidgeot for two seconds on screen. It did seem like a tease for something though or even a mistake scene lol.

I would like Pidgeot to come back though so he can have a decent move set and some more battles.

2. JoaquinLorie

JoaquinLorie Well-Known Member

Exactly, it seemed more like a tease, nothing else. We can just speculate, there is no right or wrong answer, also no probabilities. It might or might not come back. I personally want it coming back, but because of the nature of the scene, maybe something will happen. I dont think the writers would include it without a purpose. Weird scene overall if nothing ever happens. We can just hope for some episode titles to speculate and get excited because there next two have me bored.

jaden767 likes this.
  3. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

I think it's also important that they waited until Ash and Go separated to show Pidgeot. Also Pikachu heard something and ran after it yet we never saw what it ran after either.

4. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

You sound just like the people who said that Ash trying and failing to catch Dunsparce twice meant sometime when it obviously didn't. God if I had a dime for every scene in this show that gets blown out of context and overanalyzed I'd be richer than Oprah Winfrey. There was nothing weird about that scene either - it was a ****ing Pidgeot that appeared for 2 seconds in a forest that housed all kinds of Kanto Pokemon... so I don't know why folks turned it into a media circus.

Geez can people stop using the poll as the go to argument for every future capture from now on? We've had official polls taken before and in most cases they didn't foreshadow what Pokemon Ash or his friends caught otherwise we would've had stuff like Samurott, Chandelure and Whimsicott among the Black and White cast after they scored high in the Black and White popularity poll in 2011.

5. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

Some people who keep shooting down ideas need to remember this is the speculation thread for a reason lol

RLC, DuquÊ?, SceptiZard369 and 10 others like this.
  6. JoaquinLorie

Yeah thats a good observation, there was something going on. At first i thought Ash had reunited with Pidgeot and he was going to use it at the Flute cup, but he used Mr. Mime which was an awesome surprise too. This new anime has a lot of surprises, im sure we will get some good returns from a couple of Ash's pokemon. Im betting on Pidgeot and Greninja. Primeape would be so cool, but i dont know maybe Primeape is enjoying himself fighting all around. Another possibility is that primeape wants more challenging battles and returns to Ash since he has no competition in those tournaments.

I dont care about Dunsparce and it meant nothing, it was just funny. Anyone can have opinion and speculate whatever they want, if you dont like it, well nothing you can do about it.

Also, in episode 6, that was not a normal Pidgeot scene. Why would they show a Pidgeot in the same forest Ash is at when he returns to Kanto? And it was a 1-2 second scene of him just flying. As the irchktan pointed above, Ash and go separated, pikachu heard someething, and the writers are not going to just insert a useless scene like that. Time will tell.

I at leastt agree that polls dont even matter. The only true pattern we can follow is the merchandise which basically predicted Mr. Mime returning, Dragonite kind of, and Gengar. Also we have that Riolu/Lucario speculation which seems accurate relating it to the ending. For Ash's 5th pokemon, we cant be too sure, but if the pattern keeps on going it might be Magmar or just Pignite returning for the world tournament.

jaden767 and esquilo09 like this.
  7. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

I hope Ash catches a Cufant

jaden767 and esquilo09 like this.
  8. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

The only thing I find weird is that people are so damn eager to put down "Pidgeot will return!" posts, yet they were oddly silent when Lapras was being talked about a couple weeks ago. Pidgeot actually has a good shot, especially as they're recycling a lot of OS plot elements. Bulba-er Ivysaur evolution fest, Pikachu vs Raichu(Still happened, even if it didn't finish), Ditto struggling to transform... and I guess "Ash forms connection to Ghost, Ghost agrees to go with him".

I can easily see Pidgeot coming back

And thank god for that, I'm still hoping Umbreon and (ugh) Sylveon's ranking serves as a wake up caoll to the higher ups. Eevee was never what made Eevee popular, it was the Eeveelutions! I want to see the Eeveelutions start getting some much needed love, along with new ones while Eevee stops getting the special treatment.

Umbreon's a bit overexposed, having been owned by two major characters along with two minor ones but I'd be willing to put up with it being on Ash's team if it came to it. It'd be cool to see him with a pure Dark type, and Umbreon always was my favorite(Though Espeon would be just as good)

9. JoaquinLorie

Lets change the subject guys. Pokemon World Championships.

Since they are WORLD championships, battles can happen all over the world. Im super excited to say this, but Ash can have a battle in Alola against a ranked trainer. My best bet it will be against Molayne or Kahili. I expect it to be a 2v2 or 3v3.
    This would be the PERFECT CHANCE for Ash's Incineroar to debut in battle.

Let's speculate based on those two opponents. Which could be Ash's 2nd and 3rd? Recalling Nagandel? Dusk Lycanroc and Melmetal? I like this idea.

Molayne vs Ash:
    Incineroar vs Metagross : Incineroar (Incineroar shows off Darkest Lariat. Other moves Revenge, Fire Blast, Flame Charge)

Incineroar vs Alolan Dugtrio: Incineroar recalled (Alolan Dugtrio deals massive damage to Incineroar)

Rowlet vs Alolan Dugtrio: Alolan Dugtrio recalled (Alolan Dugtrio attacks cannot hit Rowlet, Rowlet hits it with seed bomb and razor leaf)

Rowlet vs Magnezone: Magnezone (Magnezone zap cannons Rowlet and paralyzes it, finishes it off with Gyro ball)

Dusk Lycanroc vs Magnezone: Dusk Lycanroc (Dusk Lycanroc receives massive damage from flash cannon, uses counter against Gyro ball but its not enough. At the last moment reveals to have learned fire fang instead of bite and KOs Magnezone).

Dusk Lycanroc vs Alolan Dugtrio: Alolan Dugtrio KOs Dusk Lycanroc in 1 hit.

Incineroar vs Alolan Dugtrio: Incineroar is getitng hit by Earth power, dig and iron head, he can barely hit Alolan Dugtrio because its fast. Ash's Incineroar 's blaze actives. Ash orders him to use flame charge and it turns into Flare Blitz, which misses again. Then Ash orders fire blast into the holes and gets Alolan Dugtrio out finishing him with a Flare Blitz. Also, could use Flare Blitz on the battle ground to heat it up and make Alolan Dugtrio come out.

I think this would be a perfect scenario IMO, the battle would take place the whole episode. The previous episode Ash would arrive at Alola, meets his pokemon, set up the battle. The episode would end with Ash starting the battle, leading into this episode.

10. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Umbreon and Espeon were on the poster with Gengar and Dragonite. I like how they used their dex entries for ideas for their episodes.

Dragonite live on an Island somewhere out at sea and rescue people who’ve become lost at sea.

Gengar curses people and hides in their shadows.

Espeon is loyal to a trainer they deem worthy. They might pull a Snivy and have Ash catch an Espeon that deserted its former trainer, but has found Ash worthy.

11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

There were several debates about Laplace a few weeks ago, though. I distinctly remember the subject going on for a few pages, although I can see why it was dropped eventually since unlike Pigeot, Laplace was only teased on merchandise and there have been about 100 other Pokemon who have been promoted the same way in that time frame.

12. JoaquinLorie

I honestly dont see Laplace coming back, no hints, no needs. It came back once and thats enough. I mean, im fine with it coming back for a nostalgia episode with its family, but i dont think it will return to Ash. Same with Butterfree.

Kawaii Emolga and BabaVanga like this.
  13. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

Since this is a speculation thread, I have to say that out of all the legendaries and mythicals that you have listed, the ones that I can see Ash realistically getting would be Articuno, Suicune, Entei, Latios, Latias, Darkrai, Heatran, Kubfu/Urshifu. Now if the writers really do not care about Ash owning another Electric type then I can also see Zeraora as well. Also if the writers want to pull another surprise and say that Ash can own a box legendary then I see him owning either Zacian or Lugia. Again this is speculation.

14. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Don't be daft. Speculating based on evidence I can totally understand but there's a huge difference between people making solid predictions based on facts and people nitpicking the most insignificant details looking at something that isn't even there.

Lol what is stopping Butterfree from coming back?? Using your own previous logic since we saw a Butterfree recently then it must be a sign that Ash's Butterfree will return.

And also if according to you Lapras won't come back just 'cause it already made a return once before then Butterfree doesn't fall into that category and can come back at any time...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 6:02 AM
  15. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

Why does it matter if people want to take those details as evidence? If they’re wrong: oh well. And what makes the evidence insignificant? The rules of a random person on the Internet? They’re going to keep doing it so I don’t understand why you’d try to convince them otherwise. You should follow your advice on not being daft over characters of a children’s show: it’s a much healthier way to live :p

16. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

Because back then the writers had other plans for Ash’s teams and it didn’t include the popular Pokémon because some of them were super strong and didn’t fit a beginner like Ash at that particular time. Now that he has won the league, is participating in the world championships, and has caught two popular Kanto Pokémon that most people would not have seen him catch at all for many years, its safe to speculate/assume that a good majority of his captures are going to be popular Pokémon. Also if you don’t want me to go off the poll then I will go off the poster which both Dragonite and Gengar appear in along with both Umbreon and Espeon. So even though Eevee has been marketed a lot as a second mascot alongside Pikachu, that still does not change the fact that a lot of fans actually really like Umbreon and Sylveon a lot more then Eevee. Which means the evolutions of Eevee are popular and I could easily see either Umbreon or Espeon being on Ash’s team just base on the poster and both being popular in the Johto region!

JoaquinLorie likes this.
  17. Pteranodonte

Pteranodonte Well-Known Member

Because Pidgeot is a beloved Pokèmon among the fanbase, and Ash's one of his iconic original members that people still care about. That's why after all these years people still remember it and would like to see a comeback.
    And also, unlike Butterfree or Lapras, Pidgeot was never truly releaaed: Ash just left it behind to guard that flock of Pidgey and Pidgeotto near Pallet Town. His return would not be that hard to make.
    Pikachu heard something and we were showed a Pidgeot. The all "it was just to showcase the full Pidgey line" does not make sense, because Pidgeot was only showed in a blurry way from below and was not in Go's Pokèdex list of the species native of that forest showed at the start of the episode. If they just wanted to showcase the Pidgey line they would have also showed his icon on Go's Pokèdex, so kids watching the show would have been able to recognize it even from below. Instead that Pidgeot was just showed for a couple of seconds from behind in a shady way.
    People also said that Ash was not going to get a Dragonite or a Gengar, but here we are. I would not be surprised if they finally let Pidgeot have a comeback, since there has been plenty of references to the original series in this new season.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM
  18. xinfernapex

xinfernapex Sinnoh Champion

I rewatched this as well and it is quite weird.

The last time we saw Ash before that was when he and Go split up because Pikachu ‘found something’. Then the next scene is about Go and Scyther. The next time we see Ash is just after that Pidegeot flies up, and he says ‘I wonder if Go has caught anything else’. He hasn’t found a Pokemon, clearly.

So I was wondering if what Pikachu ‘found’ was Pidgeot’s nest maybe. It had no reason to come back before Ash entered the PWC, and his first match was against an Electric Type trainer, so there was no point in it coming back just yet.

After all of the continuity referenced in the most recent episode, it could be plausible that Pidgeot could come back as well, and that when Ash challenges a Grass or a Bug Type trainer for example, that he brings back Pidgeot and reveals that he met him when they were in the forest catching Pokemon.

This anime seems to be full of surprises so I wouldn’t put it past them. If Ash can use the Mr. Mime that he’s never used before, then Pidgeot coming back wouldn’t be the weirdest thing to happen.

19. JoaquinLorie

Exactly. Great response, could be a likely scenario. Liked you analysis.

Exactly!!!!

1rkhachatryan likes this.
  20. Decidueye23

Decidueye23 Well-Known Member

I wish they di a battle maison episode. It never appeared in the anime. The thing is if ash go's to kalos and i am pretty sure people are going to recognize him considerring the whole tf thing was boradcasted and ash greninja was exclusively special. I hope they bring up something anout greninja

Alola on thr other hand has to feature someone from the main cast. Maybe they could go to one of the lesser explored areas like lush jungle or id.k.

janejane6178 and KenzeyEevee like this.