• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

I wonder if Ash is gonna battle Alain again in one of the ranks.

I doubt it. I think Anime-Exclusive characters won't be featured at all, since unlike game characters, we don't hear from them anymore after their saga ends, while game characters are semi-permanent due to the games you play and can replay. Not everyone who plays the games, is interested in the anime either.

Ash-Greninja4life

I doubt it. I think Anime-Exclusive characters won't be featured at all, since unlike game characters, we don't hear from them anymore after their saga ends, while game characters are semi-permanent due to the games you play and can replay. Not everyone who plays the games, is interested in the anime either.

I mean on some occasions we have seen characters from series prior show up in later series. Fair enough Mainly Gary who is Ash’s counterpart and Ritchie in Johto after Kanto, but champions and gym leaders sometimes appear and people like May, Dawn, Brock and Misty. All of Ash’s former companions and rivals have to be out there somewhere, and as Ash is retravelling the world, it’s more likely than not he’d run into them. Whether or not that’s at random in an episode or having a battle against them in the world championships. Especially people like Alain who he needs to beat still.

Cptnmac1

I suppose I can see the benefit of something like that since there are plenty of Pokemon from the past that I thought Satoshi should've gotten. The only downside that I see is that the number of missed opportunities is huge, so you could easily make an argument that practically any species of Pokemon from the past is an option for Satoshi's team in this series, and narrowing down the plausible captures will be tough.

True, what would we count as "ones that got away"? Would they be exclusively Pokemon ash attempted to capture that he didn't get like dunsparce and rhyhorn, or would they include Pokemon ash bonded with but never caught like houndour and venipede?

dman_dustin

Just a quick list of the top 3 Pokemon of each generation I want Ash with (even if he already has them); Cross generation evolutions will be when the line was first introduced:

1st Generation-
1. Dragonite- He already has it,
2. Gengar- Might be getting it, so its to the list anyway
3. Rhyhorn-Rhyperior (maybe at least a Rhydon)- Would be a nice catch to make up for the 30 Tauros he got

2nd generation
1. Larvitar-Tyranitar- Most likely to return and be caught, especially if its THE Larvitar
2. Espeon- My favorite Eeveelution and the one I want him to have the most.
3. Togepi-Togetic-Togekiss- To make up for the fact that it should've been Ash's Togepi to Togekiss

3rd Generation
1. Ralts likely to Gallade- I love Gardevoir more than Gallade, but I have to be reasonable here and say they would likely give him Gallade over Gardevoir.
2. Spoink- Ash has bonded with Spoink before (I even still remember when 3rd generation was around I erroneously thought Ash did have a Spoink, might have more than likely confused it with Snorunt), Grumpig would be a nice addition
3. Trapinch/Flygon- This is what I want but I doubt it'll happen.

4th generation:
1. Riolu-Lucario- This seems pretty likely and I hope it happens
2. Gible-Gabite-Garchomp- Look, I know Dragonite is making it difficult to imagine Ash with more dragon types, but just evolve Gible into Garchomp, so he can have it please.
3. Skorupi/Drapion- Just because I really like Drapion and think it would be a cool team member for Ash.

5th Generation:
1. Chandelure- Going with the most likely option, it'll be guaranteed if Ash catches Litwick
2. Golurk- I WISH, but probably not.
3. Cubchoo-Beartic- Because I wanted it really badly in 5th gen since I had to accept defeat about Ash
Evolutions instead- Palpitoad (Because Ash should have Seismitoad), Gigalith (because Ash was robbed of a cool Pokemon, even though Trip was allowed to have Conkeldurr and thus completely ruined a good story between them), and finally Snivy into Servine (which is something she deserved at least since they insisted on not doing anything at ALL since revealing leaf blade, at least a 100 episodes of NO CHANGE, and to hell with Trip for forcing Snivy to remain unevolved by opening his yap about Snivy not being evolved.

6th Generation-
1. Phantump- That's absolutely it.

7th Generation-
1. Golisopod- I'll go with this

8th Generation-
1. Impidimp-Grimmsnarl- It's my 8th generation Golett, Phantump and Jangmo-o because of that it's not going to happen, but I want it to happen.
2. Corviknight- Just because I think its the most badass regional bird ever.
3. Toxel-Toxtricity- Just give Ash another electric type, please. It's dual typed, so it shouldn't cause Pikachu suffering. Besides it could be nod to Naganadel.
4. Grookey- I think we can live without Sobble, might be too much like Greninja, and Ash doesn't have a Rillaboom like Pokemon yet (at least not of his grass Pokemon)

True, what would we count as "ones that got away"? Would they be exclusively Pokemon ash attempted to capture that he didn't get like dunsparce and rhyhorn, or would they include Pokemon ash bonded with but never caught like houndour and venipede?

I think this primarily depends on at least one factor:

1. How many Pokemon is Ash going to get? If it's going to be more than Unova (or Kanto) does this mean Ash will catch Pokemon that serve no ultimate purpose, like will Ash be a mini Go (just in far less quantity of course), or will we be guaranteed that Ash will heavily use these Pokemon.
2. (minor factor) Will they at leas try to focus on other generations (of Ash at least getting 1 from each generation).

Like I can imagine Ash potentially getting a Rhyhorn fully evolving into Rhyperior and being used as a strong Pokemon, but that'll be another Kanto Pokemon.

Dunsparce would tick off the 2nd generation but wouldn't it just be considered a Pokemon Ash has that might get a battle or two but is ultimately at Sakuragi lab for the rest of the series.

Houndour? Sure will it evolve into Houndoom, and will we see a Scolipede in Ash's future?

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I just hope Ash catches mostly Galar mons and barely any old mons. and especially no Gengar or Lucario please.

5 galar mons I want ash to catch that i think are also possible.
Grookey
Sobble
Rookidee
Sizzlipede
Clobbopus

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just hope Ash catches mostly Galar mons and barely any old mons. and especially no Gengar or Lucario please.

5 galar mons I want ash to catch that i think are also possible.
Grookey
Sobble
Rookidee
Sizzlipede
Clobbopus
I can see Ash hatching a Toxel That eventually evolves into Toxtricity. I think Amped would make an interesting dynamic with Pikachu.

nickdt

I mean on some occasions we have seen characters from series prior show up in later series. Fair enough Mainly Gary who is Ash’s counterpart and Ritchie in Johto after Kanto, but champions and gym leaders sometimes appear and people like May, Dawn, Brock and Misty. All of Ash’s former companions and rivals have to be out there somewhere, and as Ash is retravelling the world, it’s more likely than not he’d run into them. Whether or not that’s at random in an episode or having a battle against them in the world championships. Especially people like Alain who he needs to beat still.

Kanto and Johto are both classified as the Original Series, so it still counts for Ritchie, as its technically the same series. Gary is Ash's main rival, but hasn't shown up after Sinnoh anymore either.
May, Dawn, Brock and Misty are all game characters, so are the gym leaders and champions. They aren't anime exclusive.

World Turtle

I was thinking of Toxtricity being Ash’s Poison Type with Electric moves not being used as much. He’s had Pokémon sharing types on a few occasions such as Leavanny and Snivy.

Toxel could also be seen as the next step from Naganadel: a Poison type that learns an Electric move to a dual Electric/Poison type. Also he could be Pikachu's "baby brother" of sorts and their dynamic might be fun to watch especially after he evolves.

SM also had Ash try and catch a few electric type like Grubbin and Alola Geodude. While I don't see the latter because he already had Lycanroc for a Rock-type. I would like to have seen Grubbin.
Though I'd also be ok if he just caught Golisopod for his Bug type in Alola.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Toxel could also be seen as the next step from Naganadel: a Poison type that learns an Electric move to a dual Electric/Poison type. Also he could be Pikachu's "baby brother" of sorts and their dynamic might be fun to watch especially after he evolves.
Exactly. Pikachu is good at taking care of the younger Pokémon and look out for them. He’s calmed a crying Togepi down on several occasions and Toxel having a fit and needing to be calmed down is definitely something Pikachu would help out with. Ash has very few Poison types and he rarely uses moves from that type. Muk was switched out from Oak’s lab only twice and not for long, Bulbasaur only ever used Poison Powder, And Nagadel was not on his team an entire season and was then released. Toxtricity could even be the perfect excuse to give Ash a Gigamax Pokemon without it being Charizard. No major trainer in the games even uses a Toxtricity or have a reason to own one that can Gigantamax.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Exactly. Pikachu is good at taking care of the younger Pokémon and look out for them. He’s calmed a crying Togepi down on several occasions and Toxel having a fit and needing to be calmed down is definitely something Pikachu would help out with. Ash has very few Poison types and he rarely uses moves from that type. Muk was switched out from Oak’s lab only twice and not for long, Bulbasaur only ever used Poison Powder, And Nagadel was not on his team an entire season and was then released. Toxtricity could even be the perfect excuse to give Ash a Gigamax Pokemon without it being Charizard. No major trainer in the games even uses a Toxtricity or have a reason to own one that can Gigantamax.
Piers uses Low Key Toxtricity

Egakor

Well, I may be in the minority.
I don't care that much about reserves as long as Ash has enjoyable battles like the one in episode 7.
I really hope Ash can have some interesting Dynamax battles because they're pretty boring so far since they're so slow-paced.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Well, I may be in the minority.
I don't care that much about reserves as long as Ash has enjoyable battles like the one in episode 7.
I really hope Ash can have some interesting Dynamax battles because they're pretty boring so far since they're so slow-paced.

I wouldn't mind Ash coming to a realization that Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing doesn't suit his style of battling because of how slow it is and later wins battles and even the World Tournament without it. I could actually see that happening if his final battle against Leon comes at the end of the series and it's close to when Gen 9 comes out, especially if Dynamax and Gigantamax aren't present in Gen 9.

Konja7

I'm thinking if you're at the 1000 rank of the Normal Class and you lose, you're out until next season but if you're 999 rank or above your rank goes down.
No. That isn't how it works.

It seems Normal Class start in the rank 1000 onwards. Normal Class probably has an indefinite number of people, since you only have to sign in to enter.

Normal Class 1000~
Super Class 100-999
Hyper Class 9-99
Master Class 1-8

esquilo09

I suppose I can see the benefit of something like that since there are plenty of Pokemon from the past that I thought Satoshi should've gotten. The only downside that I see is that the number of missed opportunities is huge, so you could easily make an argument that practically any species of Pokemon from the past is an option for Satoshi's team in this series, and narrowing down the plausible captures will be tough.
List of popular Pokémon not caught nor evolved by Ash.

Rhyhorn line
Riolu line
Gabite to Garchomp
Absol
Trapinch line
Bagon line
Beldum line
Houndour line
Zorua line
Machop line
Gastly line
Litwick line
Wartortle to Blastoise
Aerodactyl
Eevee line
Scyther line
Growlithe line
Phantump line
Ivysaur to Venusaur
Emboar
Servine to Serperior
Dewott to Samurott
Dartrix to Decidueye
Croconaw to Feraligatr
Typhlosion
Meganium

You're right, the list of missed opportunity is huge.

Last edited:

Ash-Greninja4life

SM also had Ash try and catch a few electric type like Grubbin and Alola Geodude. While I don't see the latter because he already had Lycanroc for a Rock-type. I would like to have seen Grubbin.
Though I'd also be ok if he just caught Golisopod for his Bug type in Alola.

Didn’t ash actually catch a Charjabug and then just give it to Sophocles?

World Turtle

If Popularity really is a big factor this time I decided to look at the 720 Election and where Ash's most wanted Johto Pokemon place.

001: Lugia

002: Suicune

003: Ho-oh

004: Celebi

005: Espeon

006: Pichu

007: Umbreon

008: Ampharos,

009: Raikou (98)

010: Wobbuffet

011: Cyndaquil

012: Entei

013: Scizor

014: Chikorita

015: Typhlosion

016: Tyranitar (140)

017: Marill

018: Totodile (171)

019: Unown

020: Togepi

021: Quagsire

022: Feraligatr (183)

023: Heracross

024: Wooper

025: Politoad

026: Furret

027: Crobat

028: Dunsparce

029: Cleffa

030: Azumarill (200)

031: Teddiursa

032: Houndoom (207)

If I subtract the Legendary/Mythical the #1 most popular Johto Pokemon is Esepon. Then subtract the Johto Starters, Pichu, Heracross, and Wobbuffet (Pokemon own by Ash or TR or are part of their evolutionary family).

Then cut out types Pikachu or the Johto Team already cover. So Electric (Ampharos), Water (Politoad, Wooper line), and Ground (Wooper line) unless they have a secondary type that distinguishes them like Dark.

I'm going to then scratch off Unown (for obvious reasons if you've seen M03) and Cleffa (since it evolves into a Kanto Pokemon and we don't want that).

Then I'll remove and place Umbreon and Azumarill next to the members of their evolutionary family who scored higher then them. And here is our Top 10 Johto Pokemon.

01: Espeon, Umbreon-one or the other not both

02: Scizor-depends if they prefer it as a rival to Heracross than Ash owning one (though maybe he can just get a Scyther?)

03: Tyranitar-yes please

04: Marill, Azumarill-Nah, he already has a Water type, as for Fairy I think the one below has more right to be part of Ash's team

05: Togepi-well it would make up for Ash not being able to keep the one he found

06: Furret-nah, Ash wants Dunsparce for his Johto Normal Type (Noctowl is the Flying Type and while I'm ok with type overlap, flat out repeating a type is something I wish to avoid.)

07: Crobat-well he was disappointed he did not catch a Zubat

08: Dunsparce-he does want to catch one

09: Teddiursa-Again, #Dunsparce4Ash

10: Houndoom-yes please

Status
Not open for further replies.