• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

I'd love a Sneasel/Weavile for Ash. Out of all the Dark-types, it seems like one of the most fitting for him, and it would also give him another Ice-type.
Although I want it to, Go is most likely to be the one to catch Sneasel line. Not to mention Weavile might appear in another Sinnoh trip episode since it is in the poster.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Konja7 said:
No. That isn't how it works.

It seems Normal Class start in the rank 1000 onwards. Normal Class probably has an indefinite number of people, since you only have to sign in to enter.

Normal Class 1000~
Super Class 100-999
Hyper Class 9-99
Master Class 1-8

The vast gap between the normal class and master class seems rather intimidating. Satoshi will almost certainly make master class by the end of this series since he has plot armor, but it's interesting seeing just how few master class trainers there are.

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
List of popular Pokémon not caught nor evolved by Ash.

Rhyhorn line
Riolu line
Gabite to Garchomp
Absol
Trapinch line
Bagon line
Beldum line
Houndour line
Zorua line
Machop line
Gastly line
Litwick line
Wartortle to Blastoise
Aerodactyl
Eevee line
Scyther line
Growlithe line
Phantump line
Ivysaur to Venusaur
Emboar
Servine to Serperior
Dewott to Samurott
Dartrix to Decidueye

You're right, the list of missed opportunity is huge.

And since everyone has their own favorite Pokemon, the number of missed opportunities becomes even bigger. If I had to pick from this list of Pokemon evolutionary lines myself, I'd choose Delvil, Flygon, and Bokurei.

D

Deleted member 384931

Honestly I wonder how many episodes they can make before the duo dynamic gets boring

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Piers uses Low Key Toxtricity

Yeah but he has the "No Dynamax" rule, remember?
Hopefully they keep that of him, it's nice to see in-universe characters not being a fan of the gimmicks.

I wouldn't mind Ash coming to a realization that Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing doesn't suit his style of battling because of how slow it is and later wins battles and even the World Tournament without it. I could actually see that happening if his final battle against Leon comes at the end of the series and it's close to when Gen 9 comes out, especially if Dynamax and Gigantamax aren't present in Gen 9.

Oh no doubt it's getting replaced. Can't wait for Charizard's fourth gimmick form.... yay!

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Honestly I wonder how many episodes they can make before the duo dynamic gets boring

We're in for several years of Satoshi and Gou if this series follows the pattern set by most recent series lasting three years. I just wonder if Gou will really manage to have a "Living Dex" in that amount of time.

World Turtle

Ash was always more of a David than a Goliath so Dynamaxing Pikachu at least is kind of weird.

Like if it was any of his big guys or those who had more of a brawler body type then I feel it could work but Pikachu? His whole thing is he’s a speedster.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Garchomp and Machamp again
Greninja and Latias are interesting, Greninja coming back on the first Kalos episode?
It probably won't happen in a million years, but I'd really like it if that Latias was the one from the 5th movie. Cause honestly I'd rather he just get a Latios instead if they're not going to bother.

D

Deleted member 384931

Garchomp and Machamp again
Greninja and Latias are interesting, Greninja coming back on the first Kalos episode?
It probably won't happen in a million years, but I'd really like it if that Latias was the one from the 5th movie. Cause honestly I'd rather he just get a Latios instead if they're not going to bother.
There is a Lapras too hmm

World Turtle

I suppose I can see the benefit of something like that since there are plenty of Pokemon from the past that I thought Satoshi should've gotten. The only downside that I see is that the number of missed opportunities is huge, so you could easily make an argument that practically any species of Pokemon from the past is an option for Satoshi's team in this series, and narrowing down the plausible captures will be tough.

Well I figure Pokémon who were befriended in the past would get priority even if only Larvitar at the moment has the cameos to be the same individual. While the rest would likely be different members of the same species.

Unless they like air the old episodes on the official Pokémon YouTube channel the day before the reunion/capture episodes air or something.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Riolu once again is shown alongside the starters and Pikachu. Could be hinting at staying unevolved for a long period of time before becoming a Lucario

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash with Latias would be quite interesting. I wouldn't mind if it was his Hoenn mon even if I think it's unlikely.

Red and Blue

Also I wonder if Garchomp and Lucario are getting Gigantamax forms for either the DLC or Sinnoh remakes? They are listed with the Pokemon who can Gigantamax

Status
Not open for further replies.