1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. DropEspeon

DropEspeon Member

Given the recent SwSh DLC news, I wouldn't be surprised if Ash ended up with a Kubfu. SM showed us they're not opposed to giving Ash mythicals, and this series certainly hasn't been holding back on the wish-fulfillment.

From what we've seen of the DLC, Kubfu's plot would feel right at home in the anime.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 5:36 PM
  2. That news wasnt even exciting tbh

jaden767 and Spider-Phoenix like this.
  3. DropEspeon

DropEspeon Member

But alas, it's what we're stuck with. At least the trees look better.

4. JoaquinLorie

JoaquinLorie Well-Known Member

I Agree, i was thinking the same thing. That legendary suits Ash, and it wouldnt need to be released. Permanent.

5. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I think today's trailer settled the 'Will he/won't he' on Kubfu, there's like a 99.9% chance of it happening.
    I honestly look forward to that arc, solely because of the battle focus alone
    And it's nice to know that at least two of his captures won't be fully evolved, Riolu and Kubfu

Hopefully Lucario and Kubfu form a bond

6. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

I think your getting a bit too ahead of yourself here, sure there is a possibility that Ash might get a Kubfu but saying that there is a 99.9% chance of Ash catching it is jumping to conclusions.

It’s a different situation then the case with Riolu because in Riolu’s case we know there is one more Pokémon that Ash is getting soon, and since Riolu is going to be showing up soon and is getting promoted a lot, it makes sense that Riolu isprobably one of the most likely candidates for Ash to catch soon.

Where a game trailer for Kubfu can’t really be used as evidence to say that Ash is definitely going to get it. So right now there is not enough things pointing to Ash getting Kubfu to say something like that it has a 99.9% chance of Ash getting.

———————————————

I’m not saying that you can’t speculate or want Ash to get a Kubfu, I’m just saying that you shouldn’t just go jumping to conclusions that Ash is definitely getting it just because of the recent game trailer.

7. DropEspeon

DropEspeon Member

Perhaps. Seeing Ash battle solely with Kubfu for whichever tower he chooses may get stale, but we'll see. It's far too early to predict if they're going that route, though.

Here's to hoping we get some great animators on Kubfu's episodes.

That being said, which tower would you rather Ash and Kubfu tackle, should it happen?

jaden767 and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  8. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

I think that Ash and Go both will get a Kubfu. With them evolving into different styles.

Rock Captain 99 likes this.
  9. DropEspeon

DropEspeon Member

Good point. Showcasing both forms would be best for advertising, and it could very well be development for Gou, too.

10. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Which Urshifu style do you think best fits them?

11. DropEspeon

DropEspeon Member

That's a tough one.

The obvious choices are Single Strike for Ash and Rapid Strike for Gou.

Ash tends to rely on on-the-go strategies and instinct. Observing the opponent beforehand has never been his go-to strategy. With how bold and upfront he is, Single Strike is perfect for him.

Gou, on the contrary, is far more calm and analytical. He's the kind of person to go in with a plan, if at all possible. So, of course, Rapid Strike.

But that's boring! Go for the ol' switcheroo! Give them a challenge!

...but that wasn't the question, so, yeah, what I mentioned at the start.

12. desdar300

desdar300 Well-Known Member

The news was more so a reaffirmation of content we already knew.
    Gmax Starters- I truly believe that Ash will get one if not both Grookey and Sobble to ride home the new forms they'll be getting.
    Raboot and go will likely patch things up here and it'll evolve into Cinderace.

The Bears- because the Cubfu line is stated to be a species I can see both of the boys getting one of their own and evolving it into a different form.

Leonhart, wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  13. World Turtle

While I'm hoping to see Ash use Mr. Mime, Dragonite, and Gengar in a triple battle soon. I do hope he uses his Kanto Pokemon only for battles in Kanto and when he goes to Sinnoh he'll use Riolu and either whatever else he gets from Sinnoh or calls in Gible and the rest of the Sinnoh Team same with his Johto mons in Johto and so on.

This saga is a world tour that promotes all the regions right? Well I want to see him use his Sinnoh Pokemon in Sinnoh I don't want to just see him use his Kanto mons in every fight. Pikachu being the obvious exception (and even then I'd like him to take a backseat).

Ash has like 40+ Pokemon and I want everyone to get a chance to shine and show their skill. Arranging his teams to fight in their respective regions seems the best way to manage that imo.

wolf jani and jaden767 like this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I've heard people say this, but I don't see why Satoshi would suddenly become the poster boy for the new DLC Pokemon. He hasn't caught any Galar Pokemon thus far, so I don't think that the writers necessarily care about having him showcase them in the future.

15. Umbilical Noose

Umbilical Noose Bonzo Nut

Ash used an observe then attack strategy back in Hoenn league.

I don't think Go should get an Kubfu unless people want Kubfu to get a lot of screentime. He is not a strong battler yet and beating a tower would take a lot of training.

Better scenario would be Ash getting Kubfu that evolves into one form and a rival getting another form. I know it has been done before but this sort of rivalry can be quite interesting if done well.

Even though I agree with you, I would take Kubfu over Riolu any day. Not that I don't like Riolu. I just think Kubfu is more interesting.

wolf jani likes this.
  16. desdar300

desdar300 Well-Known Member

He may not have any now but that doesn't mean that he won't get any in the future.

wolf jani likes this.
  17. Zoneman29

Zoneman29 Well-Known Member

I really see Go catching Magmar not Ash

18. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'd love to see an episode set in a volcano where Gou would capture a Boober and several other Fire-types. I actually really liked the sixth episode of this series because of the Bug catching spree Gou went on, so I really want to see something similar again soon.

19. JoaquinLorie

JoaquinLorie Well-Known Member

I think if Ash gets Riolu and Kubfu, both would be evolve. Here are my reasons:
    1. Kubfu's whole point is to evolve into one of the two styles. So Ash would have to go through one of the towers.
    2. Riolu evolves through friendship, Ash is the perfect trainer for this. Also, given the Lucario merchandise, i think it's obvious.

We still dont know what route the anime will take....Maybe Ash will have a couple of Galar arcs.
    Also, its a perfect arc for Ash to go through the isle of Armor. And i guess they wouldnt give Kubfu to a random person, if there are 2 Kubfu, one for Ash and one for another char.

I agree, i want Ash's teams to fight in their respective regions. Thats why i made the world championships Ash vs Molayne prediction, Ash using Incineroar, Rowlet and Dusk Lycanroc.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  20. World Turtle

Come to think of it I would like to see him go on a catching hunt episode for each type. Though he could go on quite a few bug catching sprees or fishing trips (the water type has a lot of members under it...). Maybe by environment would be better? Mountain/volcano = Rock and Fire. Also, Ground, Fighting, and Zubat along with other cave dwelling Pokemon. Like he goes spelunking or on a hike.