• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper Missingno

Because Ash is the main focus of that episode and Gengar is targeting him. It would not be great for Gou to catch a pokemon that is targeting Ash and has cursed him. Golurk was never hinted to go to Ash to begin with since it appeared in the Scan along side Go. I still believe Ash will be the one to catch Gengar regardless of whether anyone wants another Kanto mon on his team.

We're not really sure whether that episode is Ash-focused episode or not; we only know the title and really short summary. So, the story can go either way like Ash overcome Gengar's power or Go saves Ash. Even though some people think it is not great, but there is still possibility about Go catching Gengar might happen (like many people assumed that Go unable to get strong Pokemon).

So, unless we get at least longer summary on next week, we can't really be sure at this point.

Egakor

We're not really sure whether that episode is Ash-focused episode or not; we only know the title and really short summary. So, the story can go either way like Ash overcome Gengar's power or Go saves Ash. Even though some people think it is not great, but there is still possibility about Go catching Gengar might happen (like many people assumed that Go unable to get strong Pokemon).

So, unless we get at least longer summary on next week, we can't really be sure at this point.
After today's episode, it's very likely Gou would just catch Gengar.
The writers weren't hesitant to give him strong Pokemons as showed in episode 14.
And with Darmanitan and Golurk, Gou now has strong Pokemons to fight against Gengar.
No matter how good Ash is at battling, he would never get Gengar through battling because only Gou is allowed to do that.

Hyper Missingno

I feel like it isn't really about whether Ash catching Gengar or not; it is more about people starting to get annoyed about Go catching strong Pokemon (I'm not really just specifically talking about Golurk incident).

World Turtle

I don't think this Gengar should be caught through battling. Its behavior... something happen to it to make it aggressive like it is. It wasn't just pulling pranks it was flat out attacking people. I think they need to try and talk too it.

Domok

ERekqZ4XkAM3ijV

Lucario being on here kinda worries me

Hyper Missingno

Yeah, and after that, maybe he will bond with Gengar and catch it too.
It's becoming more and more likely for Gou to catch Gengar through bonding.

Well, for me, I don't really care about whether Ash or Go catches Gengar or not. I'm more about disappointing on Ash unable to get Litwick (too bad it wasn't wild).

Status
Not open for further replies.