• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Really? To be honest, that doesn't surprise me though I do hope Go trains Scorbunny a bit. At least just so it won't job as hard as it did on today's episode.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
except that's not entirely accurate considering the fact that Lana had her Eevee in a Dive Ball. Look I get that you hate Lana but that is no excuse just to ignore the fact that she had her Eevee in a Dive and pretend like she had all pokemon in a Pokeball. Although on the topic of Ash using different poke ball type it would be nice to see him finally bring back and use that Quick Ball that he obtained in Johto that he never used.

I forgot because I don't give a crap about her. I don't rewatch episodes centered around characters I don't like
Still doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of captures were in ordinary Pokeballs

While I unfortunately don’t see Keira coming back any time soon, I’m hoping we get a few more appearances of Kabinari (the shiny hunter) later on in the series since I can see him and Go fighting over catching a shiny Pokémon. Heck, it could even lead to them having a battle

I hope he comes back, it'd be a nice way of showcasing more shiny Pokemon.
Other than Onix, as we've actually seen one before, I'd love to see all those other Pokemon he was shown to have or perhaps even others. Maybe even a scene where they make fun of the shinies that look like their ordinary counterpart?

The girl could come back if she actually does turn out to be Milo's sister, but I just think it's a coincidence

Leonhart

Imagineer
Egakor said:
So, Ash is mostly competent in battling this season because the writers want to use his battles to justify Gou capturing strong Pokemons without him improving himself at battling.
I totally didn't expect that.

I don't think Satoshi is only competent because of Gou's presence as the de facto newbie in the cast if that's what you mrean. I think that the Pokemon World Champion angle might be the reason why Satoshi's battling skills weren't reset in this series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
I still don't know if Gengar should be caught all, assuming it gets caught whoever captures it is in for some trouble dealing with it, because it doesn't seem like a pokemon that will chill easily.

You could be right that Gangar might be a handful, but at the same time that's what I like about the Gangar: it's very sneaky and full of personality compared to some of the other Pokemon that we've seen recently.

johno1995

You could be right that Gangar might be a handful, but at the same time that's what I like about the Gangar: it's very sneaky and full of personality compared to some of the other Pokemon that we've seen recently.

Yes, I think it will at least be very interesting. Maybe Ash’s first disobedient Pokémon in a long, long time? It’d rather pull pranks than listen to its trainer. It would give him a challenge, surely.

With a move set like Shadow Ball, Sludge Wave, Will o Wisp and Dazzling Gleam it can be a tricky wildcard battler, too.

Egakor

Yes, I think it will at least be very interesting. Maybe Ash’s first disobedient Pokémon in a long, long time? It’d rather pull pranks than listen to its trainer. It would give him a challenge, surely.

With a move set like Shadow Ball, Sludge Wave, Will o Wisp and Dazzling Gleam it can be a tricky wildcard battler, too.
Its moveset is already known.
Shadow Ball, Night Shade, Psychic, Ice Punch.

Cptnmac1

I think it's pretty clear at this point that ash is getting Gengar for a few reasons

1. Gengar has been shown to be a pretty powerful Pokemon and a good battler while Go has shown no skill at battles ( it's also the reason I think ash might end up with scyther)

2. Gengar has a powerful fully fleshed out moveset, which would be beneficial for a world tournament and it's moveset counters dragonite and there's no guarantee Mr mime would agree to battle it, leaving ash to use pickachu. None of Go's Pokemon have more than 2 moves confirmed so I don't see why they would start with Gengar

3. As of the last episode, Gengar seems to be stalking ash(yes go was there as well, but go did nothing in the last Gengar episode so gengar wouldn't even have a reason to acknowledge him while he showed anger towards ash and pickachu for putting up a fight).

4. We know ash is getting 2 captures soon and with no capture last episode and Gengar's constant presence on merch, it seems likely that it's one of them.

Now I know that people are a little salty about golurks capture, but it really only made sense that go would get it. The whole battle was a representation of a raid form Pokemon go ( golurk even appeared from an egg) so that was the only logical way for it to go.

Hyper Missingno

Now I know that people are a little salty about golurks capture, but it really only made sense that go would get it. The whole battle was a representation of a raid form Pokemon go ( golurk even appeared from an egg) so that was the only logical way for it to go.

People aren't really mad about Ash didn't catch Golurk (honestly, why people assume Ash going to catch Golurk in the first place), it is more about Ash did most of the work while Go didn't do much.

Red and Blue

I still don't know if Gengar should be caught all, assuming it gets caught whoever captures it is in for some trouble dealing with it, because it doesn't seem like a pokemon that will chill easily.
We've had Pokemon with disobedient issues before so it's nothing new. Ash or Go would help it become more friendly

Cptnmac1

At least the one is kind of broken with this week's episode since Go caught Golurk and Darmanitan (these two are strong Pokemon, especially for Golurk).
How? I never said go couldn't catch strong Pokemon, I just said he wasn't good at battling. The difference between Gengar and the 2 you mentioned is that Gengar was fleshed out with a distinct personality and a full moveset. Something neither of Go's strong captures this episode got. Gengar was more fleshed out in it's one episode than any of Go's Pokemon have been sans scorbunny. And the only reason he got golurk was because there's were others helping him to battle. It's already shown that lobbing a pokeball randomly won't work on gengar

Egakor

The difference between Gengar and the 2 you mentioned is that Gengar was fleshed out with a distinct personality and a full moveset. Something neither of Go's strong captures this episode got. Gengar was more fleshed out in it's one episode than any of Go's Pokemon have been sans scorbunny.
I think Gou's Dewgong also has a more distinct personality than the rest of his Pokemons.

Status
Not open for further replies.