• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper Missingno

So then why would they give him Gengar since

1. He has shown no interest is getting better at battling
2. According to you, he has plenty of battle ready Pokemon as it is, making Gengar a moot point

1. Again, you're pretty much saying that Go will never gain any interest in future. You're pretty closing down Go's future development.
2. Based on episode 14, Go may treat Golurk and Darmanitan as protector for Sakuragi Lab. Which mean he needs main fighter outside of Lab, so Gengar is perfect candidate for that. Yes, I know there is Scyther. But, the writers decided not to include Scyther in this week's episode (instead they put Beedrill). This was perfect opportunity for Scyther's growth, yet the writers decided not to. That means Scyther isn't' really mandatory line-up for Go, just an option.

Also, I'm just pointing out that I'm NOT completely closing down the Ash getting Gengar. I also believe that Ash also has chance of getting Gengar as well. My point is just opening possibilities for Go as well since Go also said that he want to capture Gengar.

Heck, if Go was the one who possessed in episode 16 instead of Ash, I bet people still going to argue that Ash will get Gengar.

He does. But will he bring them back? I'd love to see Charizard, Snorlax, and Kingler return and go Gigantimax... but the only one I'm really expecting to return and pull that off is Melmetal.

Well, many people believe Ash will bring his old Pokemon back. Then, why not with ones capable to become Gigantamax.

Master Pikachu 11

We're not really sure whether that episode is Ash-focused episode or not; we only know the title and really short summary. So, the story can go either way like Ash overcome Gengar's power or Go saves Ash. Even though some people think it is not great, but there is still possibility about Go catching Gengar might happen (like many people assumed that Go unable to get strong Pokemon).

So, unless we get at least longer summary on next week, we can't really be sure at this point.
I respect your opinion and yes Go has a chance to catch Gengar, however, even though Go has a chance and the summary is short, it is still driving the point of Ash being cursed. So yes Go could help Ash from being cursed but it is more likely that the only way for Ash to break out of his curse his for him to do it himself and just like with Dragonite, when people thought Go was going to catch it; it is very similar that Ash will be the one who will mostly have the focus since the episode before will focus on Go.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This series has had plenty of interesting COTDs. I hope we see some of them agaim
While I would love to see Keira again (the Indiana Jones-esque explorer), the only COTD I can see showing up again at this point is Kabinari (the shiny hunter). I can easily see him as a pseudo rival for Go with both of them occasionally fighting over catching a shiny pokémon

Hyper Missingno

I respect your opinion and yes Go has a chance to catch Gengar, however, even though Go has a chance and the summary is short, it is still driving the point of Ash being cursed. So yes Go could help Ash from being cursed but it is more likely that the only way for Ash to break out of his curse his for him to do it himself and just like with Dragonite, when people thought Go was going to catch it; it is very similar that Ash will be the one who will mostly have the focus since the episode before will focus on Go.

Yes, of course there is high possible that it'll be Ash focused episode, I'm not denying. But, we never know with just short episode. It can also be something like focusing other main characters (like Koharu, Sakuragi, or other lab member) or even bring Cotd.

I'm just weird to see people just want to close down any possibilities for Go.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
While I would love to see Keira again (the Indiana Jones-esque explorer), the only COTD I can see showing up again at this point is Kabinari (the shiny hunter). I can easily see him as a pseudo rival for Go with both of them occasionally fighting over catching a shiny pokémon
Yea Kabinari seems the most likely to reappear. I also do wish that He'd become Gou's rival.

Cptnmac1

Heck, if Go was the one who possessed in episode 16 instead of Ash, I bet people still going to argue that Ash will get Gengar

At that point I would say go would be more likely since Gengar would be specifically targeting him. Also we don't know if Gengar is possessing anybody. The episode title says ash has been cursed but the summary makes it seem more like Gengar is creating illusions to mess with ash.

Gengar is specifically focusing on ash. We see it stalking him in the last episode. We can make a safe assumption that whatevers is wrong at thr lab that forces ash and go to leave was probs my caused by Gengar and the next episode as Gengar going after ash.

Go has around 25 captures at this point and only 2 of them have shown up in merchandise, scorbunny and scyther. Scorbunny is a starter and always appears with sobble and grookey in merch so it makes sense. Scyther has appeared once alongside pickachu, dragonite and Gengar. So unless my theory that ash ends up with scyther is dead wrong, it seems that Go's captures aren't appearing in merch. Gengar is constantly appearing so it makes sense that he might get caught soon. Unless Go is going to show an interest in battling very soon, Gengar is just gonna be hanging out at the lab for God knows how long until go decides to use him which wouldn't make sense given the sheer volume of merch that Gengar has right now. Gengar will most likely be caught and used pretty regularly and that makes ash the most likely person. Go's not gonna stop catching anytime soon and the more he catches, the less each of his individual Pokemon will be used

Leonhart

Imagineer
johno1995 said:
Yes, I think it will at least be very interesting. Maybe Ash’s first disobedient Pokémon in a long, long time? It’d rather pull pranks than listen to its trainer. It would give him a challenge, surely.

With a move set like Shadow Ball, Sludge Wave, Will o Wisp and Dazzling Gleam it can be a tricky wildcard battler, too.

I don't know if I'd want Gangar to be disobedient per se, but maybe it could be playful in an irritating way during minor episodes while still listening to Satoshi's commands during important battles.

World Turtle

I wonder if Ash will get that Scizor?

This might sound odd but I like the idea they might give Ash the types he didn’t get before in OS

Mr. Mime for Psychic or Fairy
Dragonite for Dragon
Gengar for Ghost
Because I’m going to count Johto and Kanto together since they’re both part of the OS

Tyranitar for Rock
Houndour for Dark unless Tyranitar counts for both
Scizor for Steel
Espeon for Psychic if you just count Mimey for Fairy

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I meant as "just throw the damn ball." Remember that's how Ash caught his second Pokemon. ;)

Funny how times had changed

I think I remember Ash being called out after doing that with Caterpie or at least learning not every capture would be that easy.

Now, this series has Go having sucessful captures left and right by just throwing a pokéball.

dman_dustin

I wonder if Ash will get that Scizor?

This might sound odd but I like the idea they might give Ash the types he didn’t get before in OS

Mr. Mime for Psychic or Fairy
Dragonite for Dragon
Gengar for Ghost
Because I’m going to count Johto and Kanto together since they’re both part of the OS

Tyranitar for Rock
Houndour for Dark unless Tyranitar counts for both
Scizor for Steel
Espeon for Psychic if you just count Mimey for Fairy

I don't know if I want Ash with a Scizor without Scyther, I'm not necessarily saying I would never want Ash with a Scizor, I just want Ash to use a Scyther, I guess the counter argument is that since Scizor and Scyther have the EXACT same Base Stat Total they can justify it as its own Pokemon not related to Scyther, and I guess, but would that mean Go doesn't evolve his Scyther?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Karabari is a brilliant character. He's clearly a mockery of shiny hunters and that's so surprising and meta that makes the character great. I support him becoming a pseudo-rival for Go.

Hyper Missingno

At that point I would say go would be more likely since Gengar would be specifically targeting him. Also we don't know if Gengar is possessing anybody. The episode title says ash has been cursed but the summary makes it seem more like Gengar is creating illusions to mess with ash.

Well, I can tell that most people pretty much concluded that Gengar is possessing Ash and denying any other posssibilities

Gengar is specifically focusing on ash. We see it stalking him in the last episode. We can make a safe assumption that whatevers is wrong at thr lab that forces ash and go to leave was probs my caused by Gengar and the next episode as Gengar going after ash.

The official twitter said that Gengar is looking at "Satoshi-tachi" which mean Gengar is looking at the whole group, not specifically Ash (unless you're arguing that twitter is just a troll).

Go has around 25 captures at this point and only 2 of them have shown up in merchandise, scorbunny and scyther. Scorbunny is a starter and always appears with sobble and grookey in merch so it makes sense. Scyther has appeared once alongside pickachu, dragonite and Gengar. So unless my theory that ash ends up with scyther is dead wrong, it seems that Go's captures aren't appearing in merch. Gengar is constantly appearing so it makes sense that he might get caught soon. Unless Go is going to show an interest in battling very soon, Gengar is just gonna be hanging out at the lab for God knows how long until go decides to use him which wouldn't make sense given the sheer volume of merch that Gengar has right now. Gengar will most likely be caught and used pretty regularly and that makes ash the most likely person. Go's not gonna stop catching anytime soon and the more he catches, the less each of his individual Pokemon will be used

I remember one merch promoting Cubone as well. Plus, since episode 7, they don't even focus on Scyther at all.

Plus, I'm kind of feel like you're really impatient like things need to happen really fast. You need to chill down that we're only in episode 14. We don't know what future episodes going to be like. The future is still wide open and you can't close down everything since you didn't see anything on like first 14 episodes.

Cptnmac1

I don't know if I want Ash with a Scizor without Scyther, I'm not necessarily saying I would never want Ash with a Scizor, I just want Ash to use a Scyther, I guess the counter argument is that since Scizor and Scyther have the EXACT same Base Stat Total they can justify it as its own Pokemon not related to Scyther, and I guess, but would that mean Go doesn't evolve his Scyther?

The whole reason I think that ash might end up with Go's scyther is that picture from a while back with Gengar, dragonite, pickachu and scyther. If ash get Gengar, which I'm almost positive he will, then that picture would include 3 of ashs Pokemon and one of Go's. In that case it's weird that it would be scyther instead of scorbunny. On top of that, given scyther's personality and the fact it's another fan favorite like dragonite and Gengar, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that go might give it to ash

World Turtle

Maybe Ash will catch something that has no interest in battle that Gou wanted and Sakuragi will suggest they trade and Gou picks his Scyther for the trade because it wants to battle. And someone throws in the metal coat as part of the deal.

Cptnmac1

Well, they can pretty much do that for Gengar as well.
We know that ash is capturing 2 Pokemon soon, Gengar is also showing an interest in ash so it makes no sense for Go to catch it. If they were gonna have go get it, they wouldn't need to set up it's return 2 episodes in advance, it would just appear again and he'd toss a ball at it.
Everything points to ash getting it. The merch, Gengar's moveset, the set up, it all points to ash

Maybe Ash will catch something that has no interest in battle that Gou wanted and Sakuragi will suggest they trade and Gou picks his Scyther for the trade because it wants to battle. And someone throws in the metal coat as part of the deal.
I'm not sure if go would want that, I think that if he wanted a Pokemon that ash got, he would rather catch it himself. If he was getting rid of scyther because he knew it would be happier with ash, I don't think he's want anything in return

Hyper Missingno

We know that ash is capturing 2 Pokemon soon, Gengar is also showing an interest in ash so it makes no sense for Go to catch it. If they were gonna have go get it, they wouldn't need to set up it's return 2 episodes in advance, it would just appear again and he'd toss a ball at it.
Everything points to ash getting it. The merch, Gengar's moveset, the set up, it all points to ash

If you're talking Gengar appearance in this week's episode, again, that scene doesn't indicate Gengar is interested SPECIFICALLY on Ash. Gengar clearly looked at BOTH Ash and Go (plus, even official twitter said that Gengar is looking at the group).

Nothing has specially pointing out that Ash is getting it. Even those merchandises, these also indicates the upcoming ones like from mid-March to April (you're only considering about that past).

Status
Not open for further replies.