1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't see anything that even implies that it would be caught by him, other than the fact that the same Lugia will have appeared twice as of the next episode. Not that that changes anything, really.

2. Pteranodonte

Pteranodonte Well-Known Member

We all hate that Gary Stu. That loss was on par with the one to that idiotic Cameron and his plot armored Lucario.

Zoruagible likes this.
  3. cam24t

cam24t Master

I might be a little too forward thinking on this one.

4. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

In previous generations, we got consistent title releases, we barely had title dumps though that was the sacrifice, for the consistency, we wouldn't get juicy title dumps.

Like we would get two episodes in advance, and when we got to the preview for the next episode, we would get two more titles, and then it would be rinse and repeat.

I don't know if the title dumping is a result of Pokemon being switched to Sunday, or stricter tv-guidelines, that must be "made" for an entire month, because past TV guides (or similar sources) would generally come out near the end of the month and tell us like what was going to air at the beginning of the next month. Waiting until the beginning of each month for title dumps, is annoying to me. Again like I said nothing can be done about it, but I do wish we didn't have to wait until the beginning of each month to let us know what's happening. Sure we get all this information dumped on us, but I don't like how basically near the Saturday we would get the VA list and Summary of the next episode, they wait until right before then to dump all this information on us. Like can they not at least give us a title at least (when the next episode preview airs), and then when Saturday approaches release the VA list and summary for that title?

I mean at least we have information about the 21st episode, but kind of annoying they don't bother telling us the title. I just wonder, what changed in Japan, that titles (or more explicitly Pokemon titles) are typically only allowed to come from a relative single source these days, why other magazines that come out around the middle or end of a month are somehow forbidden to tell us the title of the episodes they at least are allowed to give us a lot of information on, its weird. (I think only maybe one or two titles so far this generation come from the end of the month, and I mean closer 20-21st rather than 30/31st.)

5. J. D. Guy

J. D. Guy Well-Known Member

They may have changed title releases at some point. (I do recall that Tv-Tokyo or somewhere else had title and episode summaries more consistently, like every two weeks back around 7-ish years ago. But that changed, and it has been this general release method for half a decade+ now.)

I'm used to it. It's been going on for long enough to have become the new normal. (Besides, Pokemon also has the distinction of Pokefan being released every so often, where titles get revealed through there; not sure if other shows get that luxury.)

esquilo09 likes this.
  6. MegaSalamence05

MegaSalamence05 Well-Known Member

You aren't the only person with this way of thinking. I'm one of them. But I'm also biased as after all these years I want to Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos and Articuno vs Ho-Oh, Raikou, Suicune and Entei in a battle. The Two trios in a Triple Battle and Lugia vs Ho-oh in a 1v1 battle.

7. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

You know even though Team Rocket Trio didn’t get Ditto in episode 19, it’s kind of funny how well Ditto fit in with them and easily fit into their motto to the point to where it almost seemed like a 5th member of Team Rocket Trio.

If the same Ditto does show up again, it would be interesting if it goes down the route of changing it’s mind of being an actress and it decides what it really wants to do is be with the Team Rocket Trio.

Heck if Ditto does join Team Rocket Trio maybe in the episode it joins them is a case where Team Rocket Trio are losing to Ash and Go and right as Ash is about to have Pikachu blast Team Rocket away with a Thunderbolt Ditto stops the attack by attacking Pikachu from behind.

Then when Ash questions Ditto as to why it attack Pikachu Ditto goes over to Team Rocket Trio and reveals that it’s joining them of it’s own free will.

8. narutoo

narutoo dragon trainer

9. Power Up

Power Up ...

Probably fake

10. narutoo

narutoo dragon trainer

may be...

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  11. cam24t

cam24t Master

Interesting... I wonder what Pokemon they could introduce in a Raid Battle for Ash to catch.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  12. ShadowForce720

Maybe a Volcarona.

13. cam24t

cam24t Master

why do you think that?

14. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Maybe Corviknight? I would like Ash to catch one in a battle with G-Max Pikachu vs. G-Max Corviknight.

15. ShadowForce720

In the Black and White games and I think even in Black 2 and White 2 you can find a wild Volcarona in the ruins that we’re in the Desert Resort and combine that with it’s lore and it would be pretty easy for someone to mistake it for a legendary Pokémon.

cam24t likes this.
  16. cam24t

cam24t Master

I was thinking this too actually. Anyway I hope he does and it'll already be powerful.

17. thebestpokemontrainer

thebestpokemontrainer Pokemon Master

There's definitely nothing indicating that a capture is imminent
    but I definitely want him to capture it as well. In a very brief amount
    of time he managed to ingratiate himself with Lugia, and he even heard
    it communicate with him! I definitely want to see more of a bond/connection
    between the two but one of consequecne, so he should capture it.

Additionally, I can't help but think how awesome it would be to have
    such a diverse team where Ash can use Aura Powers with Lucario, mega
    evolution bonding with Greninja (if it returns for good) & telepathic
    communication with Lugia. That would make for some pretty awesome
    television IMO.

18. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime/special's canon Cop.

Why not use latia ? And it is Battle Bond not Mega Evolution.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  19. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

This is fake, Lugia is appearing in the next episode and Go will only have Raboot with him and I doubt he catches it. I also believe Pikachu can win against Meganium as well.

20. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't see the point of a telepathic bond with Lugia playing into a capture situation given that Satoshi always has strong bonds with his Pokemon anyway, so adding an extra element that would be exclusive to Lugia would sort of bother me because it would make Lugia seem even more special than it already is given its status as a Legendary Pokemon. There are only so many gimmicks that Satoshi can have on his team before it becomes unbearable.

esquilo09, Redstar45 and KenzeyEevee like this.