• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

If you're talking Gengar appearance in this week's episode, again, that scene doesn't indicate Gengar is interested SPECIFICALLY on Ash. Gengar clearly looked at BOTH Ash and Go (plus, even official twitter said that Gengar is looking at the group).

Nothing has specially pointing out that Ash is getting it. Even those merchandises, these also indicates the upcoming ones like from mid-March to April (you're only considering about that past).
When he says interest in Ash he is likely referring to Gengar cursing Ash specifically

Cptnmac1

If you're talking Gengar appearance in this week's episode, again, that scene doesn't indicate Gengar is interested SPECIFICALLY on Ash. Gengar clearly looked at BOTH Ash and Go (plus, even official twitter said that Gengar is looking at the group).

Nothing has specially pointing out that Ash is getting it. Even those merchandises, these also indicates the upcoming ones like from mid-March to April.
Except why would Gengar care about go at all? He threw some balls that Gengar effortlessly deflected and then just stood there the rest of the episode. Gengar was shown getting angry at pickachu and ash everytime the blocked or deflected one of its attacks giving it a reason to go after ash

As for the merch, Gengar has been appearing in almost every merch set for weeks. Only scorbunny, scyther and you said cubone have appeared out of Go's captures and likely captures. Scorbunny is a starter so obviously he'd appear a lot. Scyther and cubone have appeared in 1 maybe 2 max pieces of merchandise. There's no way they'd give the amount of merchandise that Gengar has to a go capture when 90% of his captures haven't gotten a single piece

Hyper Missingno

Except why would Gengar care about go at all? He threw some balls that Gengar effortlessly deflected and then just stood there the rest of the episode. Gengar was shown getting angry at pickachu and ash everytime the blocked or deflected one of its attacks giving it a reason to go after ash

Wow, you're pretty much think everything has meaning to it. I bet you believe Ash going to capture Woobat and Yamask as well since he is interested to catch them on this week's episode

As for the merch, Gengar has been appearing in almost every merch set for weeks. Only scorbunny, scyther and you said cubone have appeared out of Go's captures and likely captures. Scorbunny is a starter so obviously he'd appear a lot. Scyther and cubone have appeared in 1 maybe 2 max pieces of merchandise. There's no way they'd give the amount of merchandise that Gengar has to a go capture when 90% of his captures haven't gotten a single piece

Again, you're only considering based on today's standard. These merchandises also indicating like upcoming ones (like mid-March to April, you know). Riolu also heavily being promoted, but we're still not getting any information on when their getting it.

World Turtle

Well, they can pretty much do that for Gengar as well.

I was discussing Scyther not Gengar. Gengar has become a whole different topic on its own I’d like to keep separate and Frankly, I don’t want to discuss Gengar anymore because of how that debate is going in circles at this point and I’m getting kind of lost about what we’re debating.

Can’t we just agree to disagree and move on to a different topic?

batman14

I was discussing Scyther not Gengar. Gengar has become a whole different topic on its own I’d like to keep separate and Frankly, I don’t want to discuss Gengar anymore because of how that debate is going in circles at this point and I’m getting kind of lost about what we’re debating.

Can’t we just agree to disagree and move on to a different topic?
On Scyther I always thought it fit Ash more cause it liked to battle and Go really dont

Hyper Missingno

I meant as Go still give Gengar to Ash through trade if Go catches it.

Also, I don't mind about Scyther get traded to Ash. But, one problem is that it need good reason's for Ash's Pokemon to be traded to Go, like just don't like fighting is very weak for the reason.

For DP's case, Aipom interested in contest while Buizel interested in battle. That's why there is good reason for Ash and Dawn to make a trade.

For this case, there is good reason for Scyther's part (like helping Ash to increase his ranking), but there isn't really specific reason for Ash's Pokemon to go to Go. Even if it made trade, I feel like it'll just pretty much rotten in Sakuragi's Lab.

Cptnmac1

Wow, you're pretty much think everything has meaning to it. I bet you believe Ash going to capture Woobat and Yamask as well since he is interested to catch them on this week's episode

No since ash has constantly wanted to catch Pokemon that he never end up with, that's been a thing since the OS. Why would they set up Gengar's reappeance 2 episodes in advance if it's just ending up with go where it will sit at the lab for who knows how long before go decides to use it.
Again, you're only considering based on today's standard. These merchandises also indicating like upcoming ones (like mid-March to April, you know). Riolu also heavily being promoted, but we're still not getting any information on when their getting it.

Except that would imply that Gengar would be prominent in the coming months and from what we've seen of go, that's not likely with him, its more likely with ash who will start the world tournament soon. The fact that 90% of Go's captures don't appear in merch at all proves that almost all of them aren't gonna do anything. The timeframe of when the merch is indicating doesn't matter since Go hasn't been using anything regularly outside of scorbunny and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon

Hyper Missingno

No since ash has constantly wanted to catch Pokemon that he never end up with, that's been a thing since the OS. Why would they set up Gengar's reappeance 2 episodes in advance if it's just ending up with go where it will sit at the lab for who knows how long before go decides to use it.

You know there is still possibility that neither can get it on that episode. You're thinking as Gengar MUST be caught on that episode

Except that would imply that Gengar would be prominent in the coming months and from what we've seen of go, that's not likely with him, its more likely with ash who will start the world tournament soon. The fact that 90% of Go's captures don't appear in merch at all proves that almost all of them aren't gonna do anything. The timeframe of when the merch is indicating doesn't matter since Go hasn't been using anything regularly outside of scorbunny and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon

Again merch doesn't really mean anything like upcoming. Plus, Scyther merch also one misleading you know. If Ash eventually getting Scyther, then it would be beneficial to promote as Scizor (since it is most Ash getting through Scyther through trade, then why don't just evolve when he is getting). That merch indicates like Ash just Scyther without evolving him, then he has to do another trade to make Scyther to evolve. Why the writers need to make this whole complicated with giving indirect hints (I don't really see much promote on Scizor than Scyther). The merch is just good indication on which may get in future, but not obsolete (people expected Ash to finally catch Eevee through promotion, but it ended up he didn't).

Cptnmac1

Scyther merch also one misleading you know. If Ash eventually getting Scyther, then it would be beneficial to promote as Scizor (since it is most Ash getting through Scyther through trade, then why don't just evolve when he is getting). That merch indicates like Ash just Scyther without evolving him, then he has to do another trade to make Scyther to evolve. Why the writers need to make this whole complicated with giving indirect hints (I don't really see much promote on Scizor than Scyther).
They've never treated the trade evolution items like that in the anime. They usually just treat them the same as evolutionary stones. Look at misty's politoed or that random slowing episode so a trade may not be necessary for scyther to evolve.

Hyper Missingno

They've never treated the trade evolution items like that in the anime. They usually just treat them the same as evolutionary stones. Look at misty's politoed or that random slowing episode so a trade may not be necessary for scyther to evolve.

You know that's like really long time (18 years ago), and doesn't necessarily mean that their going to follow that (like this series already breaking lots of old rules).

game3524

Well, I can tell that most people pretty much concluded that Gengar is possessing Ash and denying any other posssibilities

Yeah, there is a chance no one catches it.

The fact that that the summary says "Satoshi and Go's eyes blaze with enthusiasm as they claim they'll definitely get it THIS time" makes me think this is another troll episode by Gengar, and that it is really set up to be a more menacing Jigglypuff then a potential capture for the boys.

Hyper Missingno

Yeah, there is a chance no one catches it.

The fact that that the summary says "Satoshi and Go's eyes blaze with enthusiasm as they claim they'll definitely get it THIS time" makes me think this is another troll episode by Gengar, and that it is really set up to be a more menacing Jigglypuff then a potential capture for the boys.

Yet, most people saying like it is destined to be captured in episode 16.

Cptnmac1

You know that's like really long time (18 years ago), and doesn't necessarily mean that their going to follow that (like this series already breaking lots of old rules).
True, but it also kinda happened in sinnoh with gligar evolving the second he touched the razor fang. With scyther's inability to hold things since he doesn't have hands, I could see them implementing a similar thing where he just has to touch the metal coat to evolve

Hyper Missingno

True, but it also kinda happened in sinnoh with gligar evolving the second he touched the razor gang. With scyther's inability to hold things since he doesn't have hands, I could see them implementing a similar thing where he just has to touch the metal coat to evolve

Gligar doesn't evolve through trade.

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
I wonder if Ash will get that Scizor?

I previously thought of a scenario where Satoshi and Gou might trade Pokemon: I wouldn't mind if Satoshi's Gantle were to be traded to Gou for his Strike since Gantle is one of my least favorite Gen V Pokemon, and it evolves via trade so it would make sense. But I know that most fans dislike any scenario that involves Satoshi trading something.

Status
Not open for further replies.