• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper Missingno

Gengar's potential capture aside there is a problem with this.

Like him or not, Ash has been through seven regions, and finally won a league, with how many battles he already has under his belt, him capturing pokemon at this point regardless of what stage their at is sensible because he's experienced enough to have earned it, and he knows what he's doing.

Gou on the other hand is a complete rookie when it comes to battles, he might have caught two strong pokemon today, but the thing is if you don't know what your doing then the power Is meaningless, the last thing I want to see is Gou start getting overconfident just because he owns a couple of strong pokemon, and thinking he can take on anyone just because of that sole factor, raising and connected with your pokemon is just as important, because raw power alone can only take you so far in combat.

then we have the dragonite episode where he choose to blow a backpack's worth of pokeballs on his dewgong, simply because he thought it would be faster to do than fighting, Ash even offered to help weaken the thing and he turned it down, and look at what happened when they got to the island, he no longer had any ammo.

I honestly don't think Go is going to be as battle heavy as Ash is personally. He might do it when the need arises (like today) but I still think Ash will be doing more fighting over the course of the series.

You came too late; I'm done with this discussion now.

But, I can say that Alola region Champion telling to use electric move to ground Pokemon says everything.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
In the main series games you need to trade while holding Metal Coat to evolve it.

should've gotten this one in as well.

Considering Misty's Poliwhirl bypassed this by simply wearing the king's rock, they could easily by pass the trading by having the metal coat simply needing to be used on said pokemon.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Well for one thing unlike Larvitar no official source has ever referenced Haunter since then? Much less as Ash’s Pokémon? Even Raticate and Seaking were picked over him to show up in the Heisei era special.
If you look at Ash's Bio on the Serebii main site, it is shown in the previous caught section.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
The shiny Psyduck kid was cool but I don't think I'd want to see him appear in more episodes if all he's gonna do is show off his shiny collection. What this series needs is rivals for Ash and Go especially Go because he's getting boring with his easy captures. At least give the kid a rival who will push his buttons.

Gou having a rival would be interesting, and frankly I'd love if Karabari was his rival since he's a collector as well. I'd love to see Gou seek every Pokemon that he can get his hands on while Karabari tries to get the Shiny versions of all Pokemon that he can find.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
Was Mimey just given to Ash by Delia? Because it would make more sense and be less of the whole Haunter incident where people claimed it belonged to Ash when he never even actually caught it.

I think we're supposed to believe that Satoshi owned Barrierd the whole time, and that he simply lent it to his mother so that she'd have someone to help her with chores. The problem that I have with that is that we never saw Satoshi catch Barrierd on-screen. In particular, it opens up a can of worms with regards to Ghost in particular since some viewers might think that it was captured off-screen as well.

World Turtle

I think we're supposed to believe that Satoshi owned Barrierd the whole time, and that he simply lent it to his mother so that she'd have someone to help her with chores. The problem that I have with that is that we never saw Satoshi catch Barrierd on-screen. In particular, it opens up a can of worms with regards to Ghost in particular since some viewers might think that it was captured off-screen as well.

Not help by the Japanese title for the Pokémon tower episode was something like “capture at Pokémon tower”. Haunter got Ash is Marsh badge and then it’s like they retcon him out of existence. Seriously how is Seaking more noteworthy?

This is part of why I think Ash should catch Gengar. I feel he is owed this on some level.

Edit: it should be noted Squirtle was caught off screen as well.

Last edited:

batman14

Just to play devil's advocate we didnt see him catch Lapras and Him and Misty throw the Great balls at the same time for Totodile but they should of showed Mr mime getting caught this series

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Which doesn’t make any sense as Mimey chose to stay with Delia and help her around the house. He was first drawn to her because she had food.

Master Pikachu 11

Yes, of course there is high possible that it'll be Ash focused episode, I'm not denying. But, we never know with just short episode. It can also be something like focusing other main characters (like Koharu, Sakuragi, or other lab member) or even bring Cotd.

I'm just weird to see people just want to close down any possibilities for Go.
Because like Dragonite, Go doesn’t have to and probably won’t capture every Pokémon. There is a reason that Go did not end up with Dragonite and Ash did. Gengar like Dragonite is a very popular Pokémon and being a popular Pokémon, you would want it to be showcased and battle for a good portion of times. Ash wants to participate in the world tournament and he can’t do that with just Pikachu, Mr. Mime, and Dragonite. I highly doubt that this will be the last time that people are going to speculate that Go is going to catch this Pokémon over Ash because they rather Ash focus on new captures from gen 8 and continuing status quo then catch old Pokémon that he never had a chance to get because the writers at the time had other priorities and giving Ash a strong Pokémon like Dragonite and Gengar back when he first started was not ideal for the writers to do. I understand if you don’t want Ash to catch it, but Gengar is better off being with a trainer who is main focus to participate against the best of the best trainers in this world championship and he needs some strong Pokémon to have a chance. Again none of Go’s captures are even close to being as popular as Gengar, heck even Dragonite for that matter.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
OK, I just have a crazy thought, but I think I should mention it. Go is practically capturing Pokemon without sense, I mean, Pokemon he sees, Pokemon he captures (or tries to). Pokemon's whole story has been bonding for a long time with your Pokemon before you leave them somewhere else. Ash has done that with almost all his Pokemon (except maybe Kingler, Muk and Tauros, who always were at Oak's Lab).

Well, the point is, Go is trying "to bite off more than he can chew". At the end of this season, Go could surely have more Pokemon at the Institute than Ash at Oak's and other sites. And if that number keeps growing, I doubt Go will be capable of properly bonding with so many Pokemon. It's obvious he won't be able to capture some species, mainly the Legendaries. So, my question here is... What if Go ends up not trading but giving away some of his Pokemon to Ash? Some of Go's Pokemon, like Scyther, clearly share Ash's love for battle, so I believe they will like to have a trainer that will help them to improve battling, don't you think?

Red and Blue

OK, I just have a crazy thought, but I think I should mention it. Go is practically capturing Pokemon without sense, I mean, Pokemon he sees, Pokemon he captures (or tries to). Pokemon's whole story has been bonding for a long time with your Pokemon before you leave them somewhere else. Ash has done that with almost all his Pokemon (except maybe Kingler, Muk and Tauros, who always were at Oak's Lab).

Well, the point is, Go is trying "to bite off more than he can chew". At the end of this season, Go could surely have more Pokemon at the Institute than Ash at Oak's and other sites. And if that number keeps growing, I doubt Go will be capable of properly bonding with so many Pokemon. It's obvious he won't be able to capture some species, mainly the Legendaries. So, my question here is... What if Go ends up not trading but giving away some of his Pokemon to Ash? Some of Go's Pokemon, like Scyther, clearly share Ash's love for battle, so I believe they will like to have a trainer that will help them to improve battling, don't you think?
I'm sure he can keep bonding with his Pokemon regardless of how many he catches. Unless any trading occurs I doubt he will give his captures up

Henry's Journey

I really like Go's goal of catching Pokémon, I relate as a gamer to Ash because of his passion for battles but to Go as well cuz I like to catch a lot of mons, I'm really starting to grow fond of this series!

Hyper Missingno

Because like Dragonite, Go doesn’t have to and probably won’t capture every Pokémon. There is a reason that Go did not end up with Dragonite and Ash did. Gengar like Dragonite is a very popular Pokémon and being a popular Pokémon, you would want it to be showcased and battle for a good portion of times. Ash wants to participate in the world tournament and he can’t do that with just Pikachu, Mr. Mime, and Dragonite. I highly doubt that this will be the last time that people are going to speculate that Go is going to catch this Pokémon over Ash because they rather Ash focus on new captures from gen 8 and continuing status quo then catch old Pokémon that he never had a chance to get because the writers at the time had other priorities and giving Ash a strong Pokémon like Dragonite and Gengar back when he first started was not ideal for the writers to do. I understand if you don’t want Ash to catch it, but Gengar is better off being with a trainer who is main focus to participate against the best of the best trainers in this world championship and he needs some strong Pokémon to have a chance. Again none of Go’s captures are even close to being as popular as Gengar, heck even Dragonite for that matter.

Again, I'm only arguing as one of possibilities. The possibilities are still open you know (and there is still people also think that Gengar might not get caught on episode 16).

I'm going to wait until there is more info about episode 16 on next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.