• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
if gou was going to trade Ash any of his pokemon they would have to actually see Ash train and battle and get heavily interested in it like buizel was

after all if it wasn't for that and Aipom preferring contests I doubt he and Dawn would've gone through with the trade.

of course this makes me fear for Boldore ever evolving because unlike item based trades it has no excuse to not evolve outside of how it's supposed to.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Karabari is a brilliant character. He's clearly a mockery of shiny hunters and that's so surprising and meta that makes the character great. I support him becoming a pseudo-rival for Go.

There's also the fact they introduced him in an episode that has nothing to do with Shiny Pokemon. His appearance in this week's ep was so random I'd be surprised if he wasn't a recurring character.

Plus, if Gou's gonna catch tons of Pokemon, him running into a Shiny (and potentially competing with Karabari for it) is kinda inevitable.

Ash-Greninja4life

Oh hey Mr. Mime is there. How long as this site been a thing

I have used Serebii for years! And Mr Mime is there now because he is using it, I don’t believe it was there before this series. As for Haunter, Ash for whatever stupid reason, never actually caught Haunter and won him the marsh badge because it made Sabrina laugh. At least he technically caught Seaking and Beedrill, and Beedrill was actually his until he gave it away. Mimey is an interesting one, I don’t know if it was caught before as a maid in Delia’s house or whether Ash caught it recently because his mum sent Mimey to look after him

esquilo09

I have used Serebii for years! And Mr Mime is there now because he is using it, I don’t believe it was there before this series. As for Haunter, Ash for whatever stupid reason, never actually caught Haunter and won him the marsh badge because it made Sabrina laugh. At least he technically caught Seaking and Beedrill, and Beedrill was actually his until he gave it away. Mimey is an interesting one, I don’t know if it was caught before as a maid in Delia’s house or whether Ash caught it recently because his mum sent Mimey to look after him
I'm more surprised that Ash is calling Mr. Mime by its species name instead of its nickname given by Delia.

PS: He called it Barrierd instead of Barri-Chan.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I'm sure he can keep bonding with his Pokemon regardless of how many he catches. Unless any trading occurs I doubt he will give his captures up

It can also happens like with Ash's Aipom and Dawn's Buizel, the Pokemon prefer to be with a trainer that suit better their personalities and desires.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
The Pokemon ranger girl from today's episode was cute and seemed like a cool character that we could see again the next time Ash and Go visit Unova. :)

She'd be a slightly better choice than Satoshi and Gou meeting a new COTD on their next trip to Isshu, although the only thing that I liked about her was that she showcased an Asanan, which had been absent for over 500 episodes.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
batman14 said:
Just to play devil's advocate we didnt see him catch Lapras and Him and Misty throw the Great balls at the same time for Totodile but they should of showed Mr mime getting caught this series

That's true I suppose, and there was also that time that Kasumi got Nyoromo without actually capturing it on-screen. But since Satoshi is the main protagonist, I expect his captures to be a pretty big deal and actually be shown to us.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hyper Missingno said:
On last week, almost everybody predicted that Go will not going to catch Golurk. But, look at what happened this week.

I think it was more of a case of denial than people actually believing that Gou wouldn't get Goloog. The fact that so many people seemed upset this morning in the episode thread over how "undeserving" the capture was sort of reinforces my belief.

Hyper Missingno

I think it was more of a case of denial than people actually believing that Gou wouldn't get Goloog. The fact that so many people seemed upset this morning in the episode thread over how "undeserving" the capture was sort of reinforces my belief.

That's why I'm saying open to any possibilities and not closing out any others.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The Pokemon ranger girl from today's episode was cute and seemed like a cool character that we could see again the next time Ash and Go visit Unova. :)

She was cool but she seems more like a cotd than the shiny hunter. I wouldn't mind if she appears again, but I do hope it's not the next Unova episode. I'd like the trips to not feel too similar(Already getting the rest of the Wurmple line on the next Hoenn episode), I'd love to see Ash revisit the Battle Subway or a new Dom tournament on the next visit. With the Chandelure episode happening after that.

The shiny hunter feels like he'll return, they put a lot of work into a character who basically had no purpose for the episode, and was actually cool. It'd be awesome if he came back and competed with Ash over the right to capture a shiny Pokemon, and bonus points if there's an episode involving something like... well it's hard to think of something other than Gengar off the top of my head, but one of those shinies that look exactly like the standard Pokemon with Go catching said standard Pokemon over and over and over, thinking he has the shiny. Shiny hunter eventually catches said shiny, leaving Ash and Go puzzled on how he could tell it was a shiny.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
But, I'm not sure how that going to work for Go's case. Like one of Ash's Pokemon wants to support the Go's goal of catching Mew?

you know looking back if Zoey had kept her nose out of it, I wonder if they would've traded regardless, after all she was kind of a factor in that as well (especially since there was an earlier episode where Ash lent Aipom to Jessie for a mock contest and was freaking out the whole time.)

That's why I'm saying open to any possibilities and not closing out any others.

keep in mind this works both ways (ash and go), after all I know there are still those lurking around who insist that Ash should go after the Galar starters either next or soon after supposed future captures.

nothing would make me happier than Go getting them and shattering that pattern into tiny pieces so small you couldn't find them with a microscope

after all the only reason people crave new titles and summaries is because they want have prediction control over this series, but since nothing is the same, there is nothing but panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.