• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Something i noticed: Only 6 Pokemon able to Gigantamax (Charizard, Gengar, Toxtricity, Pikachu, Eevee and Corviknight) are in the top 30 against: Lucario, Charizard, Gengar, Garchomp, Rayquaza, Gardevoir, T-Tar, Sceptile and Blaziken, who all can Mega. I don't think Gamefreak is gonna like that.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Looks like Toxtricity is the second most popular Gen 8 Pokemon (in Pokemon of the Year), so Ash might get Toxel/Toxtricity. That would be cool if Ash would get the second Electric-Type Pokemon.

FatBigachu

Leon's main pokemon is a Charizard, just like Alain's. Could this be a sign of Ash Greninja's return?

Last edited:

World Turtle

If popularity/marketability is how they’re going to set Ash’s captures apart from Gou’s then I guess these polls would be the best selection pool to work with. Not that Gou doesn't have a few on there already like Golurk and Misdreavus.

Johto for me is Tyranitar, Espeon, and Houndoom.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

-Leon's main pokemon is a Charizard, just like Alain's. Could this be a sign of Ash Greninja's return?
Since Gigantamax Pikachu will be the one who battles it at the end I doubt it. It can still show up once Ash returns to Kalos

World Turtle

Knowing Falinks is popular (n0.16 on the Galar Poll) gives me hope Ash might get it for his Galar Fighting type instead of Kubfu/Urshifu (which is just too much of a bear version of Lucario in design for my taste). If he's going to possibly repeat types on this international team of his they should out from each other as much as possible.

-Leon's main pokemon is a Charizard, just like Alain's. Could this be a sign of Ash Greninja's return?
Sure why not? Then Greninja can lose to a Charizard again. /s

There has been a lot of Garchomp merch lately. I think there was a conversation going on on the official twitter page about a dragon trainer who might be Ash's next rival . Maybe it belongs to that trainer.

If Ash is to get a Lucario, this is probably the series for him to get it. An episode with Riolu is supposed to be coming up and that plus all the merch makes me think it’ll end up on the cast. With the poll results, it’d just be icing on the cake that Ash finally gets the #2 most popular Pokémon.

Speaking of, Greninja still being #1 just shows that we might as well see Ash’s make a comeback. It’s probably the reason why it’s so popular to begin with.

Zariful

So while looking through the polls, it seems like Tepig’s line isn’t in the top 30, yet Ash’s evolved into a Pignite. Meanwhile Serperior I think is above Oshawott, but Snivy and Samurott are also on the list. Which makes me question why Ash’s Tepig was the one who evolved other than the writers having a potential fire starter bias. Granted they Ash’s rival a Snivy, so that might also be why. But also Rowlet is also above Decidueye, so alas that stupid bird may never cough out that everstone

RLC

So while looking through the polls, it seems like Tepig’s line isn’t in the top 30, yet Ash’s evolved into a Pignite. Meanwhile Serperior I think is above Oshawott, but Snivy and Samurott are also on the list. Which makes me question why Ash’s Tepig was the one who evolved other than the writers having a potential fire starter bias. Granted they Ash’s rival a Snivy, so that might also be why. But also Rowlet is also above Decidueye, so alas that stupid bird may never cough out that everstone
well people were really tired of fire/fighting at gen 5, and for the anime fans saw pignite story as a knock off of infernape's story( idk how i feel about that opinion) so yh the tepig evolutionary line was not in the best position.
either way i'm glad serperior was the most popular of all the starter forms since it's my favorite pokemon .(i really thought oshawott was gonna beat it)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Sure why not? Then Greninja can lose to a Charizard again. /s

There has been a lot of Garchomp merch lately. I think there was a conversation going on on the official twitter page about a dragon trainer who might be Ash's next rival . Maybe it belongs to that trainer.
You are a brave person to even say that

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Oh I didn't mean that she sucks at cooking or anything like that lol. I just meant that cooking isn't her specialty skill from what we know unless I missed an episode where she excelled at cooking.

I don't remember her being explicitly good at cooking, but I think it's implied that because she's a housewife, she's most likely good at doing all kinds of household chores and activities. Speaking of which, I think it's a good thing that she no longer has Barrierd since now she has to rely on herself for simple tasks rather than her relying on Barrierd.

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
Greninja is based on Jiraiya and they also added some Naruto into his fighting style and backstory. Those might have added too its popularity.

It was basically a caricature of everything related to Naruto, even all the way back when it was still a Keromatsu given that its specialty was using Water Pulse as a wannabe Rasengan, and Double Team as a pseudo-Shadow Clone Jutsu. That didn't bother me much since I was a fan of Naruto back during the XY series, but I felt that the species lacked its own identity.

World Turtle

All these top 30 polls make me want to see a Top 30 for Ash poll.

Though should it include evolutions of Pokémon he’s already caught like Garchomp? And what about legendary?

To be honest I kind of feel if Ash caught like 20 or so Pokémon here people might stop giving him crap for the extra Tauros.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hail best rival Paul!
I wouldn't be surprised if Ash's Gible actually is coming back.
Gengar was the only thing that threw me a shocker, I'd have thought Blaziken or Sceptile would have been 10.

I was surprised that Charizard wasnt in the top 3

Well that is what happens when they push Charizard down our throats so much that even fans of the Pokemon like me get sick to death of him. Once Leon's purpose is done, I pray to god the only Charizard we see in the anime for the entirety of the next saga, is Ash's. No other Charizards....
...that's also an annoying thing about the push. Hey let's keep bringing in characters who own a Charizard but NOT bring in the Charizard that people actually want to see. Kiawe's fine in a way but he should have gotten an actual third Fire type like Growlithe or Flareon while Trevor...? Why the hell they thought he deserved to have a Mega Evolution and not Tierno, I'll never understand.
Charizard used to be right below Lucario as my overall favorite, not anymore. Zeraora and Mimikyu stole that

I gladly voted for Umbreon and Lucario every day and I'll do it again. Not voting for Pokemon that get unnecessarily pushed like that. Hopefully Umbreon and Sylveon(Ew) being high serves as a wake up call to the higher ups too, we wanna see more Eeveelutions or maybe boosts for the ones we have? Stop giving Eevee special **** like elemental attacks, z-moves, and Gigantimax forms! Only reason why Eevee was ever popular in the first place was because of the evolutions lmao It's not a Pikachu case at all

World Turtle

I hope Ash’s new Dragonite isn’t meant to be Charizard’s replacement while Leon and his Charizard are around. I’d love to see these two in a double battle together and become Bash Brothers.

What I hope they’re doing by giving him Dragonite is they’re going to expand his OS line up (so Kanto and Johto) to include all the types he missed out on before and well when the choice for Dragon is either Dragonite or Kingdra they went with the one that best suited Ash. Why count both Kanto and Johto together here besides the obvious? Well Kanto doesn’t have any Dark types so he can’t get all the types unless you include Johto.

Status
Not open for further replies.