• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabochonJaw

I wouldn't mind if Ash gave Go his Kanto-Alola pokemon, just to fill Go's pokedex. It would be a win-win. Ash would keep Pikachu, of course.

NeoDude-5000

So Go wants to catch all of the Pokemon? Someone must really hate Dexit. OK old controversies aside Go seems like an interesting. He's like the new (or new new) Ash, he wants to travel around the world and catch em all. Also being a new male protagonist is refreshing instead of bringing Gloria (the female Sword and Shield character) to the show.

Also is Go clearly named after Pokemon GO or Let's Go? It has to be one of the two.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So Go wants to catch all of the Pokemon? Someone must really hate Dexit. OK old controversies aside Go seems like an interesting. He's like the new (or new new) Ash, he wants to travel around the world and catch em all. Also being a new male protagonist is refreshing instead of bringing Gloria (the female Sword and Shield character) to the show.

Also is Go clearly named after Pokemon GO or Let's Go? It has to be one of the two.
Go is a Japanese name too.

Mr-Nightmare_420

Just a dude who enjoys pokemon
Maybe that "certain encounter" was Tobias lmao

I'll make a wild guess about Ash's team here. I believe that he's gonna have a full team in galar, fighting galar gyms.
1. Pikachu
2. Sobble>Final evolution (Pretty obvious)
3. Grookey (If there's no 3rd companion) (I think one of the starters will not reach the final stage)
4. Gible>Gabite>Garchomp (Yes, DP remakes and I think Gible really needs more focus like how phanpy got in BF)
5. Charizard (Fly to other regions maybe?)/ Infernape ( DP remakes and Ash's strongest pokemon)/ Torracat (Development in SM kinda lacking)/ Galarian fire pokemon
6. Galarian form/ Some random galar mon introduced mid generation (like dusk lycanroc/ meltan)
7. Corvinight/ Early bird
I think Ash will mostly rotate his Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh Pokemon to promote remakes.......and maybe even Greninja (yeah ik thats unlikely)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Not really, Go can be spelled Gou. I might not know Japanese, but that was the name of my former roommate who was Japanese. It's also a Chinese surname with, like all Chinese surnames, has 100,000,000 romanizations.

volcanionmaster123

One thing I still have to get used to is how drastically different Ash's outfit is compared to the Gen 8 game protag. I don't think we've seen this drastic of a difference since AG. I guess this is where Go comes in.

And while I still think this will ultimately be the same Ash from OG-SM, that part of the description of "due to a certain encounter" gives me reason to pause. I guess it depends on what happens at the end of SM to see if that description's related to SM at all.

Wonder what are the odds to see some of the game characters that didn't appear in the anime yet, like Lisia or Benga.

Odds are better if it ends up being a reboot. Ik I'm about to be shamelessly biased here, but I'd love to see BW/BW2 protagonists show up in this anime.

Konja7

Not really, Go can be spelled Gou. I might not know Japanese, but that was the name of my former roommate who was Japanese. It's also a Chinese surname with, like all Chinese surnames, has 100,000,000 romanizations.

It is true that Go is japanese name and can be spelled Gou.

However, it's pretty clear the character is called Go due to Pokemon Go (or Let's Go).

Lmao. If this is a reboot, all those people talking about how visionary SM was and how it broke so many formulas and how the Pokemon anime will never be the same

Well, they might be right, if this turns out to be a reboot, SM just cemented the worst region spot in my eyes. SM is going to be how they end OG Ash's journey? What a flying joke.

All that potential people said Gen 8 had in showing all the companions and Ash having actual development could go right down the train.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think I’ll more than likely skip out on this series. I’ll give the first episode a chance but I just don’t think this new season just isn’t for me.

I was always more into the idea of catching a handful of Pokémon & treating them like your friends, but Go just makes it feel like they’re treating the series like Pokémon Go, or every player and their Aunt Trixie who follow the “gotta catch ‘em all” slogan -_-

DatsRight

Any news if Matsui and Omode are staying this series? I know SM was very erratic but I liked a lot of Matsui's ideas and she and Omode wrote some of the best character stories in the series.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Verity's Piplup in M20 was a copypaste of Dawn's, even down to the same voice actress. That personality is synonymous with Piplup.
It could go all the way to Empoleon, negating the similarities to Dawn's and Verity's.

I think I’ll more than likely skip out on this series. I’ll give the first episode a chance but I just don’t think this new season just isn’t for me.

I was always more into the idea of catching a handful of Pokémon & treating them like your friends, but Go just makes it feel like they’re treating the series like Pokémon Go, or every player and their Aunt Trixie who follow the “gotta catch ‘em all” slogan -_-

Sadly, it could very well look that way.

XY/XYZ is probably going to be the last good Pokemon anime for me

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
SM is going to be how they end OG Ash's journey? What a flying joke.
I don't know about you, but ending Ash's journey with a League victory sounds like the perfect conclusion to me. SM accomplished what all the previous generations failed to do. This is what makes SM stand above the rest of them.

I don't know about you, but ending Ash's journey with a League victory sounds like the perfect conclusion to me.

With that joke of a win, in that joke of a league, facing those kinds of opponents, with those kinds of mediocre battles?

It wasn't a good league victory even if Gen 8 was still old Ash continuing, but now? SM being Ash's final region?

Just no. That's a horrible thought. SM being OG Ash's final gen....

Revolver Furious Dragon

Ok so say gou gets one Pokémon from each region as part of his main team (rotating gens 1-7 while keeping scorbunny) the question is what will he get. I'd like to see him with Pokémon that havent been on the main cast before, unless it was something that was really underused.

So with that in mind here are some things I'd like to see him with from each generation

Kanto
- machop
- nidoran (male)
- tauros
- pinsir

Johto
- houndour
- mareep
- woopee
- teddiursa

Hoenn
- mudkip
- makuhita
- bagon
- ralts

Sinnoh
- skorupi
- hippopotas
- cranidos

Unova
- zoura
- rufflet
- elgyem
- archen

Kalos
- skiddo
- tyrunt
- phantump

Alola
- alolan sandshrew
- dewpider
- salandit

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Now that you mention that. This means there's a chance that my girl Zinnia has a chance of appearing!
I’m not too huge on Zinnia but yeah it’d be nice if her and other characters got to get a chance to appear in the anime for once! I was so disappointed that the Elite 4 sans Caitlin and the Shadow Triad didn’t appear in BW.

Or the Sinnoh Battle Frontier in DP.

Or AZ in XY. =(

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
With that joke of a win, in that joke of a league, facing those kinds of opponents, with those kinds of mediocre battles?
This is all subjective.

It wasn't a good league victory even if Gen 8 was still old Ash continuing, but now? SM being Ash's final region?

Just no. That's a horrible thought. SM being OG Ash's final gen....
I'd rather Ash's story end with him having achieved a victory over losing yet another time for some bullshit reason. *looks at Ash vs Alan*

Victory tastes sweeter than bullshit defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.