• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomRC121991

We didn't see Lunatone, Unown, Porygon Tangrowth, Reuniclus, Doublade, Kingdra, Skerlp, Groudon and Nincada for ages in anime.
Have we?

Zariful

I think that if Ash gets an Eevee then he would have to keep it the way it is because of marketability.
I think you’re wrong cause
I think that if Ash gets an Eevee then he would have to keep it the way it is because of marketability.
I think you’re wrong cause it makes no sense. Most of the Eevees on the main cast ended up evolving. Even if May’s Glaceon came back, it did evolve. And Nagisa was caught in a dive ball and it loves water, so if we ever see it again it’s potentially gonna be a Vaporeon.

Red and Blue

I think you’re wrong cause

I think you’re wrong cause it makes no sense. Most of the Eevees on the main cast ended up evolving. Even if May’s Glaceon came back, it did evolve. And Nagisa was caught in a dive ball and it loves water, so if we ever see it again it’s potentially gonna be a Vaporeon.
Eevee has a Gigantamax form it would lose upon evolving.

Cptnmac1

Eevee has a Gigantamax form it would lose upon evolving.
I think it all depends on who gets it. If ash does than I would lean towards it evolving but if Go gets it, there's no reason it needs to evolve. Not to mention if ash does get it, and it goes to espeon like many people want, espeon evolves through happiness so might stay unevolved for a while, plenty of time to show off the gigantamax form

Zariful

World Turtle

Ao TR are in episode 16: I see two possibiltles
1) TR catch Gengar (DO NOT WANT!!!)
2) TR fulfill their typical role as conflict killers. Perhaps Meowth even translates Gengar's backstory.
The trio try and capture Gengar, Ash comes to his rescue (or because he's cursed gets captured too and the two work together to escape) earning Gengar's trust and Ash gets his first ghost-type. (DO WANT!!!)

If Ash catches Eevee why wouldn't they want the main character to show off the Gigantamax form? Especially since it is Pikachu's counterpart

Maybe G-Max Eevee will go to a Rival?

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Typhlosion,feraligatr didn't appear in main series So they could evolve ash's quilava and totodile but totodile without evolving is good but it must learn more water type moves like hydro pump

Typhlsion sure because Quilava already exists and evolving it would be a piece of cake, but idk about Totodile. He's too funny and semi cute to evolve twice I think.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Considering what he's said about Pallet Town in the novel, just his achievements up until his departure to Hoenn made him pretty sucessful. He's probably well-regarded and respected in his hometown

Probably but it would be nice to maybe see more interactions between the Pallet town citizens and Ash. The place seems like a standard sized town but we only ever see Delia and Oak and occasionally background characters in crowd scenes like at the party after the Indigo league.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
We didn't see Lunatone, Unown, Porygon Tangrowth, Reuniclus, Doublade, Kingdra, Skerlp, Groudon and Nincada for ages in anime.
Have we?
While Porygon is one of my favorite pokemon, I'm fairly certain we'll never see it in the anime ever again for an obvious reason

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Torterrra needs redemption. He should also learn Rock Polish.

It needs to get rid of Rock Climb at least, that move ended up sealing it's demise more times than not.

I know people like to point the finger at Infernape for it failing (which I think is wrong), but seriously why have Paul's Toterra sneak behind his back to show Grotle how a bulky pokemon should fight, and it clearly worked, but then as soon as it got rock climb, after beating Candice's Sneasal, everything just went downhill from there, it's the most glaring contradiction I've ever seen.

Also Gible should come back and evolve to Garchomp.

Agreed so that it's not just a Draco Meteor promotion tool.

I want ash to catch eevee but get an Espeon. It's long overdue imo.

If anything I don't understand why Espeon is "the one" anymore.

Considering Umbreon and Sylveon were in that top 30 list, wouldn't it make more sense for Ash to get either of them instead? Considering Dragonite I don't think Ash getting an Umbreon would be too much of a stretch...because I know most don't want the other one...even though they could give Ash a shiny one if the color scheme is that jarring

Pokémon like Eevee and Rockruff make me wonder what Go is going to do in terms of capturing them if he was to do so, I know his wurmple plan backfired so it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to go after more in the future to get a silcoon and beautifly.

The only pokemon right now I want Ash to get is Riolu, I don't care about anything else, not even the demon spawn of Gehenna who will make whoever captures it if it does get caught rue the day they did it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
I want ash to catch eevee but get an Espeon. It's long overdue imo.

I'd prefer it if were to evolve into Blacky since I think it's one of the better Eievui evolutions. But I'm still not sure if Satoshi owning Eievui is something that I'd want to see since there's also Riolu to look out for if that gets caught, and the thought of both of them existing on his team is overwhelming.

World Turtle

Considering Umbreon and Sylveon were in that top 30 list, wouldn't it make more sense for Ash to get either of them instead? Considering Dragonite I don't think Ash getting an Umbreon would be too much of a stretch...because I know most don't want the other one...even though they could give Ash a shiny one if the color scheme is that jarring

IIRC Ash did want to catch an Umbreon (that turn out to be Tepig) in BW. So maybe?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
After reading the translations for the novel, I started to think the real reason Ash always finds a reason to get out of Pallet is that he doesn't want to call attention because, on his eyes, his achievements are too little compared to his dream

I always just assumed that he was impulsive. I've actually always had a problem with that part of him, and especially the fact that he hardly visits his mother or stays in Masara Town for long on-screen in recent sagas. I really wish that his home base in this series had been Masara Town instead of Kuchiba City.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Heck no, that pink abomination never should have existed.
Ash should definitely get a shiny Umbreon though, it's a cool design and would help make it different from the other two Umbreons we've had in a major role

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
IIRC Ash did want to catch an Umbreon (that turn out to be Tepig) in BW. So maybe?

As much as I'd want to see him get a Blacky, I don't think that his split second interest in the species in early BW is a sign of what's to come. That would be almost like saying that because Satoshi also wanted to catch a Nokocchi twice, that it has a higher chance of happening in this series.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I always just assumed that he was impulsive. I've actually always had a problem with that part of him, and especially the fact that he hardly visits his mother or stays in Masara Town for long on-screen in recent sagas. I really wish that his home base in this series had been Masara Town instead of Kuchiba City.

It really should have been. So many interesting characters there like Delia, Oak, Tracey, Ash's various Pokemon, possible visits from Gary/Brock/Misty....
But I guess they can't be arsed to bother with huge amounts of continuity.

Not to mention Mimey being around wouldn't feel as forced as it does

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I want Espeon coz it would have mirrored Gary's umbreon in the johto saga and fit as reds team has one too. Plus it suits ash imo. Ig considering now Gary isn't a rival any eeveelution can work, I still want espeon. Ash needs more psychic types than mimey

Status
Not open for further replies.