• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
People expecting Greninja on the team in the final battle against Leon but it’ll just job to his Charizard so Pikachu can fight him instead. Almost like him losing to Alain’s Charizard but without a win!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I just hope Sobble is the start of Ash getting a few Galar Pokemon in a row.

I do hope that's what is happening, I mean he's sure to get more older Pokemon but I'd rather they hold out for awhile and let more Galar Pokemon join the cast. Like Sobble, Grookey, Galar Pokemon, old Pokemon, Kubfu, old Pokemon, Galar, second DLC Pokemon/Old Pokemon.

Now however more than ever, I'm really hoping that Tyranitar we've been seeing is the Larvitar back and joining up with Ash!

Red and Blue

People expecting Greninja on the team in the final battle against Leon but it’ll just job to his Charizard so Pikachu can fight him instead. Almost like him losing to Alain’s Charizard but without a win!
Just let Greninja deal with Leon's Dragapult.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:
Koharu may get a Chikorita and a Comfey according to the new ending.

It'd find it a little strange if she caught the latter since Takeshi got one when he returned in SM. If anything, its appearance in the Ending theme might hint at Takeshi returning again. And in truth, it's hard for me to envision Koharu getting another Pokemon since so far she's still a bit jittery around most Pokemon.

Sword master zacian

I think after dragonite we are gerring captures of ash back to back after 5or 6 episode so i think sobble capture of ash would be in ep 26/27 or maybe in ep 24 but seemslike ash will be first watching match of raihan and leon and then going to meet sobble

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
But didn't Gary have Electivire with him? It seemed like it was a recent capture that he made after Johto which proves that he was still training his Pokemon because that same Electivire beat Pikachu so it must have been strong to pull that off.

Yeah and if Ash is anything to go by, Gary's Kanto team should be strong as Ash's.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I think it's going to be a repeat of Sinnoh League. Ash uses his current team to battle the Rival/second most powerful trainer in the finals. And then he uses his overall most powerful Pokemon against Leon. His other Pokemon could be used in his previous battles in the Master Ball Rank.

I want him to use all his arsenal, even if that means they are bringing back Pidgeot and Primeape. I also want him to evolve some of his previous Pokemon (of course, it could take a couple of episodes, nothing forced. Say for example, he brings his Gible for episode 50 and it evolves into Gabite, then he returns it to the lab a couple of episodes later and when he's almost at the finals, he brings it back and it evolves into Garchomp)

His most powerful team would be one full his previous powerhouses as well as being able to use their abilities to the fullest:

Pikachu (GMax)
Charizard (Mega Evo)
Sceptile (Mega Evo)
Infernape (Blaze Mode)
Greninja (Battle Bond)
Lycanroc or Incineroar (Z moves)

Honorable Mentions:
Gengar
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Heracross
Krookodile
Torterra

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It’s pretty much inevitable that Greninja is coming back

People who say different are just in denial
I do hope since Greninja and Inteleon will be on the same team that we can have a Combusken join Ash. It'd be cool to see a Blaziken fight alongside Incineroar

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sword master zacian said:
I think after dragonite we are gerring captures of ash back to back after 5or 6 episode so i think sobble capture of ash would be in ep 26/27 or maybe in ep 24 but seemslike ash will be first watching match of raihan and leon and then going to meet sobble

I assumed that the Messon capture episode would happen around the time of the Kibana and Dande battle since those events will probably all take place in Galar. I'm still not thrilled about Satoshi catching Messon, but at least now we know why it appeared on so much merchandise.

Master Pikachu 11

They could just be random supporting Pokemon, given Ash has a section of his own.
Like Cramorant as a Team Rocket Pokemon, and Togepi possibly a Sakuragi one for the research?

Why would Korrina join Ash? Aside from participating in the PWC she does have gym leader duties, she can't just abandon them to travel the entire world with Ash.
I love Korrina but she has no reason to join the cast, now Gary Oak on the other hand...
Or I think that both are appearing along side Pikachu is because they are both in the new movie Coco, we know Cramorant is in the movie so maybe togepi is too.

There is also another theory that I came across and one person not on here mentioned that the 4 groups of Pokémon appearing in the ending has to do with the Pokémon Japanese names as they have the same pattern as the song. TogePi- PikachU-Uu, KarakaRa- RabifooT- Transel, CuwaWa- WanpaChi- Chikorita, SarunoRi- Ri? Lu- Lugarugan. So the theory is that the name of the egg has Ri and Lu in its name and Riolu is the only Pokémon that has the same syllables so in other words, the song is also kinda revealing that the egg is indeed a Riolu.

nickdt

Or I think that both are appearing along side Pikachu is because they are both in the new movie Coco, we know Cramorant is in the movie so maybe togepi is too.

There is also another theory that I came across and one person not on here mentioned that the 4 groups of Pokémon appearing in the ending has to do with the Pokémon Japanese names as they have the same pattern as the song. TogePi- PikachU-Uu, KarakaRa- RabifooT- Transel, CuwaWa- WanpaChi- Chikorita, SarunoRi- Ri? Lu- Lugarugan. So the theory is that the name of the egg has Ri and Lu in its name and Riolu is the only Pokémon that has the same syllables so in other words, the song is also kinda revealing that the egg is indeed a Riolu.

While the theory has a point, why do they use Dusky then and not Midnight or Midday form. Now people are gonna speculate and they are gonna get flak if Dusky doesn't return.

Ash-Greninja4life

What is our current assumption on Koharu? Yamper’s was pretty eager to fight today, just like it did with Gengar. I would have written that off as a one time thing but it seem they are heading towards something but it is not clear to what since Ash is already doing battles with the PWC thing and Go has the collector thing...
Maybe Koharu could be a coordinator or a showcase, every other female character to date besides Misty and Iris have gone down the performer route and I could see Koharu going the same way

Ash-Greninja4life

People who say different are just in denial
I do hope since Greninja and Inteleon will be on the same team that we can have a Combusken join Ash. It'd be cool to see a Blaziken fight alongside Incineroar

More than anyone I’d love to see Greninja return. But it is not 100% sure he will. Getting my hopes up too much ;):D

wellwellwells

Koharu may get a Chikorita and a Comfey according to the new ending.

Oh wait now I see where y’all speculation is coming from and you are all speculating it wrong lol

The whole ending is based around a Japanese word game in which you need to say a word and the person coming up next need to say one that begins with the same hiragana/katakana (all of them sound as consonant+vocal) than the one before ended with until someone loses by saying one that ends with a ん or ン (which only sounds like “n”). They make two long games and then show the main Pokémon’s with two other that follow the same rule:

CuwaWA - WAnpaCHI - CHIkorita

Same thing with Dusk Lycanroc, it may be hinting at its return, but it also the same game:

SarunoRI - RIoLU - LUgarugan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.