1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Mythical-Moonlight

Mythical-Moonlight Well-Known Member

I didn't say it's Gentle Nature would be the reason for not Fighting

It says right there on it's bio that it doesn't like involving itself in Battles that it finds "Trivial"

(I do think it would definitely battle when Ash needs it tho)

I do agree it could become a Peace keeper but not at Oak's Lab. I think most likely possibility is all of Ash's catches will remain at Sakuragi's Lab once this show is over and done.

Applecorp likes this.
  2. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

I don't think so. Go is capturing Pokemon without logic and fulling the lab quite quickly. At the end of this season, surely the lab will be too full. (Go could get 700 Pokemon at this rate). So Ash will likely take his Pokemon to Oak's Lab. (Dragonite and Gengar could make good friends with Ash's Pokemon there).

Applecorp and esquilo09 like this.
  3. PsychoLogical

PsychoLogical Well-Known Member

I think Ash and Go might relocate their pkmn to Oak’s lab cause the current lab they’re at is bound to eventually get full with no space left.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't quite understand why the writers would give Satoshi a Gorirander, only to have it leave the cast and stay with Okido-hakase just so that Fushigidane can come back. Fushigidane could hypothetically return without it replacing Gorirander permanently since people seem to think that rotation is going to happen, anyway. Although I think it sounds contrived for Gorirander to become a "pacifier" in the first place.

Applecorp likes this.
  5. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

It was just an idea. Either way, Rillaboom is a good looking Pokemon similar to a gorilla. Gorillas are the biggest and strongest primate species, which would fit for a Ash's battle style. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time Ash captures a Pokemon based on an primate: Primeape, Infernape, Aipom*.... Slaking would have looked cool for Ash too because it also looks like a Gorilla, but because of his "slakoth" attitude, Rillaboom definitelly suits better.

6. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

The place isn't nearly close to being full.

And if Oak can keep the massive amount of Pokemon in his lab around just fine, why can't Cerise? And what's stopping them from renovating the place to make it bigger.

7. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I can't wait for Sobble and Grookey(hopefully) for Ash and amazing Rillaboom and Intelleon.

Leonhart and Sword master zacian like this.
  8. PsychoLogical

Cerise’s Lab is a reworked mansion with barely much a huge backyard while Oak’s place has an large open field that has lakes and forest.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  9. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Yeah Sakuragi could easily expand his lab(or just move to a different location in Vermilion City). Not that I think we wont visit Oak's lab at some point I dont see the need to relocate the new captures before the series end

10. Sword master zacian

Sword master zacian Well-Known Member

I just want to see sobble grookey and a their evo. Forms inteleon and rillaboom cinderace too in action
    I want to see g-max inteleon in anime Sooner

11. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

True, but I understand if people are worried that this ends up like Alola and Ash doesn't move his captures to Oak's. However, it's better be open to the fact that whatever catch in the current show will probably stay in the current hub location, bar pikachu and Mr. Mime.

Also, I doubt Go's captures will even be close to fill the lab.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Considering that Satoshi doesn't often interact with his reserve Pokemon anyway, I personally don't think that it really matters where he keeps them since it's unlikely that their living situation will affect their future screen-time. And when it comes to his Alolan reserves, at least there's a chance that he might reunite with them in a future Alola episode and send them to Okido-hakase's lab so that they'll be with his other reserves.

13. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

I doubt they'll stay. They haven't established them having a special connection to the place like they did with the Alola team.

Them actually living in Kanto this time probably helps.

14. PsychoLogical

Speaking of reserves actually, I still wonder who we'll see first (considering this series isn't Galar fixed, this is probably the only time we'll get to see way more of his reserves and it looks inevitable anyway) And the one thing I especially want to know is: Have any of them besides the ones we saw in the Alola series evolved offscreen? Before any of you go screeching "PLEZZ NONONONO" , considering we saw Ash's Poipole evolve offscreen into a Naganadel, that'll likely set an inevitable precedent like it or not. Eh whatever, some of them are better off evolving offscreen like Boldore and Palpitoad since they're so forgotten and underused it wouldn't even matter. Maybe even Gible if any of his reserves are set for PWC battles and the writers decided that they need to pull Goodras for them to be of any use in the future.

15. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Palpitoad they can especially do anything they want with, and I heavily doubt anyone would care.

I remember all the speculation of what we thought he was going to be like, and then whatever executive was calling the shots and high off his ass during production was like nah man, Palpitoad is was a joke pick, don't actually do anything with it.

Most worthless catch they ever gave Ash since OS no bullshit.

Kawaii Emolga and Applecorp like this.
  16. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

It was dumb when Poipole evolved off screen and shouldn't happen again regardless of how significant a Pokémon is perceived.

17. PsychoLogical

Unfortunately for you it has a high chance of happening again due to Naganadel setting a precedent. And if any of the reserves were to return, I’d rather not see the first or second stages being used unless they evolve. They’ll just be a massive waste and nuisance due to how this series is setup where it’s not going to be all jokes now. Having first or second stages taking on opponents who are likely going to have fully evolved pkmn will now just be bad writing unlike in previous series where that can be excused compared to this one where it’s going to be extremely battle heavy, more than the XY series. No excuses this time.

Applecorp likes this.
  18. PsychoLogical

I wouldn’t be surprised if they removed Palpitoad from canon cause of how much of a mistake it was.

19. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

It happening once doesn't automatically give it more of a chance. There'd need to be some narrative that builds up to a potential return of a reserve like it did with Naganadel. I'd rather the reserve come back and then evolve rather than it happening off screen. The anime is no stranger to bad writing and unevolved Pokémon beating fully evolved Pokémon is an infamous part of the show.

Applecorp likes this.
  20. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

I agree I believe when Ash is ready to go back to Pallet town and his duties in this series are complete then they will not stay at Cerise’s lab. In fact I don’t believe Gengar will want to stay in the same place that he was abandoned without his trainer there. So I expect Ash to bring them back to Oak’s when this series is all said and done.

Kawaii Emolga and Applecorp like this.