• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

Wow, this is almost exactly what I would go for.

Gen 2: Tyranitar 1st, Espeon 2nd (honestly he should have had both back in Johto)
Gen 3: Flygon feels very Ash, but would rather he just brings back Gible. Maybe give him Metagross line or Aggron
Gen 4: Getting Lucario so Gen 4 can be done.
Gen 5: He has enough Unova Pokemon so I'd rather see them return for development. But if I had to pick, Zoroark would be there, Chandelure, Volcarona, Escavalier or even Bisharp. Ash loves a Bipedal speedster
Gen 6: Shiny Phantump or Aigeslash
Gen 7: Sandslash, Golisopod or Kommo-o line

With all of that though, I only really want him to catch maybe 3-4 older Pokemon now, and focus more on Galar. 5-6 Galar Pokemon would be good. Kubfu seems primed for an Ash capture, Corviknight and Orbeetle would be great max raid captures, Toxel, Dreepy, Snom or Impidimp could be base stage captures that require development.

So many options now. It's great

I like Phantump since Ash already missed a chance to catch a shiny one in XYZ I don't think he should get a different shiny one in the future. It wouldn't be realistic for him to easily encounter another shiny Phantump since shinies are meant to be rare.

Red and Blue

Do we know what city Ash finds Sobble in. There wasn't a harbor in Wyndon so maybe Nessa's City

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Now that continuity is actually a thing, how about bringing in some regarding Team Rocket?
I'd love to see James' bottlecap collection being brought back into play, James' fiance returning(again lol), and for Bill and Cassidy to return. The complaint about lack of Team Rocket as an org still sticks even though a lot of the stuff regarding Ash and continuity went away, Giovanni is the only human we've seen. Quite disappointing considering they are in a Team Rocket hotspot majority of the saga :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind seeing any of these things happening with Team Rocket continuity. James obsessing over his rare and valuable bottle cap collection was definitely humorous. Nearly forgot about that crazy Jessibelle, though how could I. And I say I don't like them, but I actually miss Bill (It's Butch!!) and Cassidy. I miss the rivalry they had with the TR trio and especially the interactions they had to keep the trio on edge especially Jessie!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think Kanto is done for Ash lol, he has 4 kanto mons on his team right now.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

ShadowForce720

I thought Wallace would be a good choice until I remembered that he isn't a champion in the show. :( I guess Steven is as good as it gets. I also would like to see Iris return as a champion but it'll never happen.

If I recall I think when Wallace showed up in back in DP it was mentioned that he was a formerly Champion. Plus I think it’s important to point out the fact that a character doesn’t have to be a champion to be in the Master 8.

This proven by the fact that Raihan is in the Master 8 even though he is not a Champion.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
I thought Wallace would be a good choice until I remembered that he isn't a champion in the show. :( I guess Steven is as good as it gets. I also would like to see Iris return as a champion but it'll never happen.

Iris as a Champion would rub some fans the wrong way, and besides she never showed interest in pursuing that position before, so it's doubtful that she'd become one off-screen. I want her to return as a Gym Leader, however.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
I like Phantump since Ash already missed a chance to catch a shiny one in XYZ I don't think he should get a different shiny one in the future. It wouldn't be realistic for him to easily encounter another shiny Phantump since shinies are meant to be rare.

There's always a slim chance that the writers would introduce a second Shiny Bokurei like how they introduced a second Shiny Gyarados and gave it to Fuladari in XY&Z.

World Turtle

When it comes to the whole topic of giving Ash more Pokémon I have a general 100 limit. This does not count the 29 spare Tauros.

Why 100? Well Pokémon battling is a team sport. Team sports have jerseys with numbers from 0-99 on them. So 100. What? I’m a football/baseball fan. Also the mental image of Ash’s Pokémon in jerseys amuses me.

I considered released Pokémon and their numbers as “retired” btw so no one can take up their number even though they’re gone.

That said I’d rather wait a few more regions before seeing him get there.

MegaSalamence05

He should just get Naganadel back for good instead honestly.
Though both would be awesome, both scenarios actually should have happened. Nebby would have been the perfect candidate to be his first legendary, but Kubfu's taking that title now

The only reason why is if Z Moves are coming back with Mega Evolutions confirmed to be coming back. Ash still owns Solgaleo's Z-Crystal, a good opportunity for it be shown.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I think his bonus fire type in Unova was Charizard. It's a dual type too like Leavanny and Palpitoad.
Anyway, I don't think they would want to follow the pattern for something that happened 10 years ago. This series so far doesn't seem to be following any patterns anyway.
You have a point about Charizard being the Bonus Fire Type, but the problem is that Charizard was an old Pokemon, not a new capture. Don't get me wrong, I was happy when he finally returned, but Ash could still have capture another Fire Type of Unova.

Applecorp

You have a point about Charizard being the Bonus Fire Type, but the problem is that Charizard was an old Pokemon, not a new capture. Don't get me wrong, I was happy when he finally returned, but Ash could still have capture another Fire Type of Unova.

Yes another Pokemon that he would've barely used like how he barely used Leavanny and Boldore and Palpitoad outside of tournaments. That's exactly what his Unova team needed, more baggage.

World Turtle

What I’m hoping form is Ash having two teams. An international team to face Leon and a team of Galar Pokémon for Hop, Bede, and Marnie when they show up.

The reserves get fights against returning characters. Rematches or fights people have always wanted to see.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Iris as a Champion would rub some fans the wrong way, and besides she never showed interest in pursuing that position before, so it's doubtful that she'd become one off-screen. I want her to return as a Gym Leader, however.

Not to mention, the fanbase would go into a frenzy in an attempt to delegitimize/rationalize how she managed to become Unova's champion.

It might sound like nepotism, but I would much rather have Benga be in the Champion's seat for Unova. At least he was never introduced and is a bonus boss in the games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:

I would've rather seen Satoshi's Chaoboo fully evolve than have seen him with a second Gen V Fire-type. I never understood why Chaoboo was kept in its middle stage, which was arguably its least popular form.

Status
Not open for further replies.