• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flygon has a great design, so I'd want Ash to get it

World Turtle

Maybe its because it is the 3rd biggest generation, but I find it interesting that only Sceptile among Ash's Pokemon made it to the top 10 much less the top 30.

Kanto: Charizard, Gengar, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Dragonite, Lapras, Snorlax, Squirtle, and Muk out of 151
Johto: Cyndaquil (8), Quilava (and Tyhplosion (4)), Totodile (and Feraligatr), Heracross, and Chikorita out of 100
Hoenn: Sceptile out of 135
Sinnoh: Lucario (when Ash's new Riolu evolves), Garchomp (if Gible evolves), Infernape, Staraptor, Torterra, and Gliscor out of 107
Unova: Oshawott, Krookodile, and Snivy (plus Serperior and Samurott) out of 156
Kalos: Greninja, Noivern, Goodra, Talonflame, and Hawlucha out of 72 (and they were in the 1-12 slots)
Alola: Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, and Melmetal (under Galar in the polls, but he's part of the Alola Team so...) out of 88

I almost want Ash to get 2-3 more Hoenn Pokemon to from the top 30 poll because this is kind of sad.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

You mean like Gengar? :p

Gengar has bias attached to it, whereas Metagross doesn't would be MY argument for that.

What I mean is, in the original series Ash had a Haunter friend, that was just casually dumped with Sabrina, I think Ash having a Gengar now makes up for that Haunter that Ash should've caught.

But Metagross doesn't have that. Plus Gengar is evilly happy most of the time (mischievous so to speak), Metagross looks like its perpetual state is pissed off /or perpetually annoyed which makes sense given its high intelligence, must absolutely hate being a Pokemon used by incredibly stupid trainers.

Metagross: A psychic type move against a dark type Pokemon, huh? Oh yeah I'm sure I'll do massive damage.

Maybe its because it is the 3rd biggest generation, but I find it interesting that only Sceptile among Ash's Pokemon made it to the top 10 much less the top 30.
I get Swellow and Torkoal, Bu yeah, I find it weird Glalie isn't more popular. I actually forgot to include Glalie from the 3rd Pokemon I like. Oops.

World Turtle

I get Swellow and Torkoal, Bu yeah, I find it weird Glalie isn't more popular. I actually forgot to include Glalie from the 3rd Pokemon I like. Oops.

Maybe this is why I have so much trouble seeing some of Hoenn's more popular Pokemon on Ash's team? Because 4 out of 5 aren't (and the one that is popular is the Grass Starter)? So its hard to pick.

I mean there's Flygon sure (but that has support from M06), but other than that I could go for Ash getting Mightyena, Grumpig, Zangoose, or Ninjask.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Absol sure but is Metagross really a fan favorite? I don't remember that many fans hoping to see one in the main cast and Ash having another Psychic and Steel Pokemon when he has Mr. Mime and soon Lucario would be a wasteful. :(

Metagross is different from Mimey, and they're not treating Mimey as part of the team. Look at the recent articles talking about his team, the one that confirmed he was getting Gengar didn't say a thing about Mimey. Mimey's more of a reserve/assistant, Ash could use a Psychic type that is more active rather that be Metagross, Grumpig, Latios, Espeon, or something entirely new

World Turtle

Metagross is different from Mimey, and they're not treating Mimey as part of the team. Look at the recent articles talking about his team, the one that confirmed he was getting Gengar didn't say a thing about Mimey. Mimey's more of a reserve/assistant, Ash could use a Psychic type that is more active rather that be Metagross, Grumpig, Latios, Espeon, or something entirely new

I could go for Espeon or Grumpig.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
A thought just occurred to my head. Do you guys think Hop will be competing at the Tournament?

In the games Hop's greatest goal is to defeat his brother at the league. Do you think they'll carry that over to the Anime as well?

Will Hop become a new Rival of Ash's and challenge him? Maybe we'll see his Wooloo as well! :p

I think it'd be pointless and downplay Ash. Ash is powerful this series, at least you can say Bede and Marnie are experienced trainers and get away with it
But the only way for Hopp to actually work is if they let Ash outright destroy him in every single battle, and never let him come even close to winning. Trying to pretend the non-Kiawe classmates were competent battlers was bad enough lol

Poke'fan68

I think it'd be pointless and downplay Ash. Ash is powerful this series, at least you can say Bede and Marnie are experienced trainers and get away with it
But the only way for Hopp to actually work is if they let Ash outright destroy him in every single battle, and never let him come even close to winning. Trying to pretend the non-Kiawe classmates were competent battlers was bad enough lol

They could easily make Hop just as expienced as Ash is if Hops goal is to defeat Leon wouldn't he constantly be battling and training his Pokemon. They could say this is the first time Hop is competing in the world tournament it would be stupid to make Hop who will probably be Ash's rival a rookie trainer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke'fan68 said:
They could easily make Hop just as expienced as Ash is if Hops goal is to defeat Leon wouldn't he constantly be battling and training his Pokemon. They could say this is the first time Hop is competing in the world tournament it would be stupid to make Hop who will probably be Ash's rival a rookie trainer.

I think there's a good chance that Hop could be more experienced in the anime than he was at the start of the games, but I could also see him being a rookie who just has to work harder to catch up to Satoshi and Dande.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
You mean like Gengar? :p

Gangar as a species have always been more of a trickster than a genuinely dangerous or cruel species of Pokemon, however. I just can't help but remember that time that a Metagross tried to kill the Rocket-dan trio, so I suppose that I'm biased against Metagross for that reason.

Red and Blue

Gangar as a species have always been more of a trickster than a genuinely dangerous or cruel species of Pokemon, however. I just can't help but remember that time that a Metagross tried to kill the Rocket-dan trio, so I suppose that I'm biased against Metagross for that reason.
Ash's Gengar was pretty malicious in its first appearance. More so then any past one we've seen

MegaSalamence05

The only reason why I don't want Ash to get Metagross if people are complaining about appearances. Out of the Pseudo Legendary category. Metagross has appeared the most. Spread out the appearance rate. (I want Ash to get Tyranitar as it my favourite Pokemon of all time).

Goodra - Ash's is the only known
Tyranitar - a Select few people have one
Hydreigon - Cameron's and a wild one
Dragonite - Ash, Iris and Lance
Salamence- Sawyer, COTD in Alola league and Drake of Hoenn E4 and Hunter J
Koomo-o - Totem Boss on Poni Island
Metagross - Majority of Rivals from Hoenn onward has had it. Morrison, Tyson, Steven Stone, Alain and Anabel.

Red and Blue

According to Bulbapedia, Gengar are mischievous and at times malicious, so being malicious is part of the species's natural behavior.
Yeah but Leonhart was insisting that Gengar were more tricksters then malicious spirits

SerenaRulez

Hop needs to appear soon. Leon appearing but not Hop would be ridicilious.

I really love Hops growth in the game and I would welcome a maybe slightly altered character progression in the anime but please don't start it to late.

Hop should have been introduced when Leon was but I guess that there just wasn't enough time. As cool as Hop was in the video games I'm looking forward to seeing Bede more.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Maybe because he forgot about that episode where Hoothoot made its debut, where a group of Gengar and Haunter were blocking their progress of crossing the forest by creating illusions.
You can't blame someone for forget an episode from Johto, of all sagas. Also, I'm wary to the whole litwik line after the episode where a bunch of them tried to leech Team Rocket's lives and souls, so I can relate to anyone have bias to certain pokemon.

Despite the fact there's exception to metagross like Steven's one, who was actually friendly enough to fist bump chespin.

Yeah but I don't know if the writing team would want to give Ash a second Dragon Pokemon. I want Ash's team to be more diverse now and not repeat types like it did in Kalos.
That's why I don't think he'll get flygon, despite be actually a cool one. But, again, it's relatively early to know and I won't care with an overlap or two. Dragonite and flygon are distinct enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.