• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It's not an egg move. It's a TR from the new games, so i can basically see Ash teaching him the move. Maybe Lucario will get interested in Cinderace's Pyro Ball, wanting to imitate and starts learning blaze kick instead. Riolu might see Cinderace as an example to follow. Riolu hatches Episode 21, Cinderace probably (would be extremely surprised if the didnt) debuts episode 22.

If Go got a Hoenn starter, i would prefer him to showcase the mudkip line. Not that i see him showcasing much since he doesnt do much with the pokemon he captures.
It was an Egg Move before it was a TR.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Its return felt pointless when the series ended as it didn't get a major battle and it returned with a bad moveset.

You are half right. I expected Charizard's return to battle the Gym Leader of the Dragon Types, but then they changed him with the Poison Gym. Anyway, Charizard became handy against Team Plasma; and moves like Slash are actually between my favourites. Flamethrower and Dragon Tail were good too, but I recognize they should have given Charizard a better Flying move than Wing Attack.

tsunamimijumaru

How about these moveset?

Riolu/Lucario
- Quick Attack - Dragon Pulse
- Counter - Aura Spehere
- Metal Claw - Meteor Mash
- Blaze Kick

Sobble/Drizzile/Inteleon
- Pound - Liquidation
- Water Gun - Snipe Shot
- Water Pulse - Dark Pulse
- Ice Shard - Ice Beam or Air Slash

Hoping Ash catches grookey as well

Grookey/Thwackey/Rillaboom
- Sratch - Superpower
- Branch Poke - Wood Hammer
- Razor Leaf - Drum Beating
- Knock Off

Hoping Gengar learns a poison type move at some point to replace Night Shade, either Sludge Bomb or Sludge Wave they're both pretty strong moves.

Also, what do you guys think Dragonite will have for its last move slot? I'm thinking maybe Aqua Tail or maybe a Fighting type move.

If Mimey is going to be an actual member on Ash's team then it should get a bit of development and learn Dazzling Gleam.

I remember back a few pages as well maybe Extreme Speed could be a TR in the future and Pikachu could learn it on place of quick attack. It's a stronger version of it so why not if it becomes a teachable move.

If the writers plan on having Ash catch a lot more pokemon this series then I'm hoping for mostly Gen 8 mons and they're moveset being:

Rillaboom (As above)

Corviknight
- Drill Peck
- Iron Head
- Revenge/Body Press
- Sky Attack

Grimmsnarl
- Bulk Up
- Sprit Break
- Darkest Lariat
- Hammer Arm

Toxtircity
- Overdirve
- Boomburst
- Sludge Bomb/Wave
- Drain Punch

Frosmoth
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane

Dragapult
- Sucker Punch
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Rush
- Dragon Darts

Urhsifu
-N/a

Rillaboom will be caught as grookey of course. I honestly wouldn't mind them going straight to Corviknight and Ash catching it in a max raid battle. I know grimmsnarl is Marie's ace but if Ash is rotation pokemon they can show off hers when Ash isn't using his and they can make it shiny and have it be able to Gigantamax. About time Ash finally caught a second Electric type. Frosmoth covers two typings Ash hasn't caught for a while now. Dragapult is a beast, please let him catch this. I can Ash training with Kubfu until it evolves and then officially adding it to his team.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
You are half right. I expected Charizard's return to battle the Gym Leader of the Dragon Types, but then they changed him with the Poison Gym. Anyway, Charizard became handy against Team Plasma; and moves like Slash are actually between my favourites. Flamethrower and Dragon Tail were good too, but I recognize they should have given Charizard a better Flying move than Wing Attack.

I always thought that Slash was a rather mediocre attack to give to Satoshi's Lizardon since it wasn't particularly powerful or special. I remember wishing back in BW that Lizardon had known Dragon Claw, but Dragon Tail wasn't a bad choice of Dragon-type move in hindsight. I hope that he'll learn Blast Burn if he appears in the future.

Jibanyan

I do think Sabrina has a chance to returns. I think theybare going to use the most memorable and developed gym leaders (in the anime) like Korrina instead of the ones Ash just battled and was done

Red and Blue

I really love Sabrina's HGSS design so I wouldnt mind if she came back. Though it will be awkward if Haunter is still with her, lol

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really love Sabrina's HGSS design so I wouldnt mind if she came back. Though it will be awkward if Haunter is still with her, lol

That is actually why I don't want her to show up
Plus it'd just be annoying see Haunter show up if Pidgeot and Primeape don't appear, since there's no way it'd go with Ash now...

I'd actually like to see Ash fight Brock again, since he didn't do so in SM. Though not 1v1 this time, I'd love to see Croagunk get in on the action with Mega Steelix. The two Pokemon that could believably give Ash's team a run for their money.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Word, if I had to give Ash a previous starter he hadn't, it would be mudkip. Probably because it became my favorite Houenn starter.

I'd like him to get a Piplup and Mudkip at some point, Arceus knows Swampert needs a damn major role already.... but I'll just have to hope they let Brock utilize Swampert for now.
He's going to catch at least one new Water type(Sobble) and potentially obtain another with Kubfu's evolution(I'd love to be wrong and see Dark), so I feel like he's good on water for the time being. Especially as Greninja and Squirtle could potentially be around soon.
If DP remakes actually do happen, I'd be willing to see Empoleon slide in. But as Empoleon, let's just skip Piplup rather than see them steal Dawn's for the umpteenth thousanth time. :rolleyes:

Right now it doesn't appear as if Ash will be getting a gen 8 Fire type, that could change depending on if the DLC adds more so it'd be cool if they introduce Blaziken, a popular older one, onto his team. Combusken and Blaziken definitely suit Ash, and if old starters are being caught then I don't see why Ash should be forbidden from catching them this time since older Pokemon are fair game for once

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
would it be neat if go catches a male aipom and evolves into ambipom

That'd be a good way to promote the potential D/P remakes that people assume we'll get in the coming years, although we've already seen an Eteboth in the cast before, so I'd rather see a different Gen IV Pokemon.

So instead of an in-series team, I’m gonna switch it up and speculate on a team against Leon. I definitely would hope to see that for a world championship, he’d have an all-region team. He can use his current team for the whole series up to the Ultra Ball tank and some initial Master Ball matches but against Leon, I think a mixed team would be cool. Now just based on aces, region representation, and type representation, I think a cool team for a match against Leon would be:

- Pikachu (electric): 1st gen but for Ash it’s his default
- Charizard (fire/flying): 1st gen
- Ash-Greninja (water/dark): 6th gen
- Sceptile (grass): 3rd gen
- Lucario (fighting/steel): 4th gen (from this series)
- Naganadal (poison/dragon): 7th gen

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I do think Sabrina has a chance to returns. I think theybare going to use the most memorable and developed gym leaders (in the anime) like Korrina instead of the ones Ash just battled and was done

Sabrina definitely stands out from the other Kanto gym leaders so she has that going for her. I'd want her to have her HGSS design instead of her LGPE clothing.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Can be unlikely to happen, but with so much Kanto pandering and Ash being pitted to the likes of Leon, I think this series would be the best time for Ash to defeat Lorelei (Prima), Bruno and Agatha (I think including Will and Karen would also be fine), aside from Lance... More unlikely would be Giovanni and Janine but I'm still hoping...

And since an alternate universe was already tapped during SM series, how about Rainbow Rocket, but have the TR executives from Gen. 2 as their leaders?

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
How much more Pokémon will Ash capture for this series? He's having a full team this early (Pikachu, Mr. Mime, Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu, Sobble), with Grookey just around the corner as the 6th if Mr. Mime won't count...

Giving him Tyranitar, Absol, Flygon, Zoroark, Aegislash, Kommo-o, Toxtricity and Dragapult would be cool...

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
How much more Pokémon will Ash capture for this series? He's having a full team this early (Pikachu, Mr. Mime, Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu, Sobble), with Grookey just around the corner as the 6th if Mr. Mime won't count...

Giving him Tyranitar, Absol, Flygon, Zoroark, Aegislash, Kommo-o, Toxtricity and Dragapult would be cool...

Ash is not limited to captured a full team of the current Generation's Pokemon this time, so he can capture quite a lot of them from different generations.

Torchic,sobble,grookey and that other scorbunny for ash please

There's not going to be "other Scorbunny" here. The main characters never have the same at the same time. Sure, they can capture them, but you never see them at the same time except for special occassions, like May's Bulbasaur and Ash's Bulbasaur. Scorbunny/Raboot being Go's first Pokemon, Ash is not going to capture another one while Go is his partner.

Grookey, Sobble and Torchic (although I believe Ash will get a fully evolved Blaziken), I believe Ash WILL capture these Pokemon. But I have to say, better than Sobble, I though he would capture a Piplup.

World Turtle

Frankly I wouldn't go any higher than 15-20 if they intend to go through with giving him "a lot".
With eight regions on the table I'd be disappointed if they gave him only 10 or so.

ShadowForce720

I wonder if they'll give Ash a rival from each region he'll need to beat? I hope they'll be old characters and not new ones.

That would actually be interesting. Although if some of them were new characters how would you feel if some of them were characters from the games that haven’t been adapted into the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.