• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

This series seems like it's going to be an absolute mess. Everything is going to feel so horribly rushed if there visiting all regions in say 3 years.

Plus there's the question of what there actually going to do. No real specific goals to work towards just incredibly generic ones

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Also, who's the director for this joint?
SM’s current director as executive director and some person who’s name I can’t recall as the main one (wrote Serena’s 2nd showcase win, the episode after the Master Class, Minior episode, etc)

ShadowForce720

Except Dawn already got one as her starter.

Maybe if they traded them forth and back, otherwise I don't think so.
Personally, if Ash was gonna bring some past Pokemon other than Pikachu, I say bring back either his Kanto starters (Bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle) or the fan-favorites.

Just pointing this out but Ash having a Squirtle and Bulbasaur didn't prevent May from catching her own Squirtle and Bulbasaur, and Ash having a Cyndaquil did not prevent Dawn from getting her own Cyndaquil. So I don't see how it would be a problem if Ash got a Piplup considering that it's not like Dawn and her's Piplup are going to be on the main cast at the same time Ash has his Piplup, and worse to worse if Dawn eventually does show up they could have Ash's Piplup already be a Prinplup. Plus it's not like if Dawn returns that she would suddenly always be traveling with Ash for the entirety of the new series.

Pokemon Power

Just pointing this out but Ash having a Squirtle and Bulbasaur didn't prevent May from catching her own Squirtle and Bulbasaur, and Ash having a Cyndaquil did not prevent Dawn from getting her own Cyndaquil. So I don't see how it would be a problem if Ash got a Piplup considering that it's not like Dawn and her's Piplup are going to be on the main cast at the same time Ash has his Piplup, and worse to worse if Dawn eventually does show up they could have Ash's Piplup already be a Prinplup. Plus it's not like if Dawn returns that she would suddenly always be traveling with Ash for the entirety of the new series.
Let me counter that by saying that May's Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolved, and Ash's didn't.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Any news if Matsui and Omode are staying this series? I know SM was very erratic but I liked a lot of Matsui's ideas and she and Omode wrote some of the best character stories in the series.

What's currently confirmed writer-wise is that Matsui, Omode, Tomioka, Miyata, Fujisaku and Yonemura are staying. Yonemura is taking over as head writer.
New writers will include Reiko Yoshida, Deko Akao, Michihiro Tsuchiya and Toko Machida.

Also, who's the director for this joint?

Maki Kodaira. In addition, Tomiyasu is replacing Yuyama as executive director.

SM’s current director as executive director and some person who’s name I can’t recall as the main one (wrote Serena’s 2nd showcase win, the episode after the Master Class, Minior episode, etc)

Well this is continually shaping up to be even a bigger disappointment then I previously thought.

I hope I can eat my words

ShadowForce720

Let me counter that by saying that May's Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolved, and Ash's didn't.

So, and let me counter that by saying that since we know Dawn's Piplup isn't going to evolve, they can just make it so that if Ash does get a Piplup that it will wind up evolving. Plus may I remind you that Ash's Cyndaquil evolving into Quilava didn't prevent Dawn's Cyndaquil from evolving into Quilava as well, so as things currently stand both Ash and Dawn have a Quilava.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
With the boys traveling the world, I hope that past companions make appearances.

This was the list of the regions they were last known of being in.

Kanto : Misty, Brock, Tracey (SM)
Johto : May (DP), Dawn*, Iris (BW)
Hoenn : Max (DP), Dawn (BW), Serena (XY)
Sinnoh : Gary, Paul (DP)
Unova:
Kalos: Cilan, Clemont, Bonnie (XY)
Alola: TBD

*Dawn only headed to Johto for the Wallace Cup but she was competing in Hoenn at the time.

Konja7

This series seems like it's going to be an absolute mess. Everything is going to feel so horribly rushed if there visiting all regions in say 3 years.

Plus there's the question of what there actually going to do. No real specific goals to work towards just incredibly generic ones

The incredible generic goals are the usual in this anime

I mean, surely there will be specific goals later. They just don't reveal these yet.

I don't think they reveal the specific goals in synopsis or profile characters for previous seasons.

game3524

Why do you assume that this anime is suppose to last three years?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
New writers will include Reiko Yoshida, Deko Akao,
I have never heard of any of these writers except these two. I know Reiko Yoshida wrote for Digimon and Digimon 02 at one point and Deko Akao did some work on Bakugan I believe.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

I was tired to expect things from the anime ever since I was disappointed about XY issues, also for being my 1st full series. So if I watch this series, it would at my own risk but I'm just looking for LOLs and seeing it as a passtime.
Why do you assume that this anime is suppose to last three years?
Because the anime had to keep the pace from the mainstream games which now usually last 3 years before the generation itself became saturated, no matter the concept of it.

World Turtle

Not sure if this came up yet, but I've had a thought what if Ash uses this chance to reenter the previous 7 leagues? Fight old rivals. Maybe get a better ranking in some (Kanto) then before.

Maybe even win a few?

Great I'm now honestly intrigued by where they could be going with this. Especially if they're incorporating the mobile games like Go and Masters. Will this be leading up to a world tournament in Pasio after they go through Galar?

What's currently confirmed writer-wise is that Matsui, Omode, Tomioka, Miyata, Fujisaku and Yonemura are staying. Yonemura is taking over as head writer.
New writers will include Reiko Yoshida, Deko Akao, Michihiro Tsuchiya and Toko Machida.

Maki Kodaira. In addition, Tomiyasu is replacing Yuyama as executive director.

Reiko and Michihiro are both good screenwriters.They wrote for shows like Clannad, Cross Game, Aria, Violet Evergarden, and other anime. But I don't want more SoL...

Do you know if we'll be getting more info on the anime today?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Status
Not open for further replies.