• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

johno1995

Flygon might seem "redundant" but it's something people like myself have wanted Ash to have since hoenn, especially after how well he commanded a wild one during the 6th movie.

I still feel like Ash should get another fairy type since Mr.Mime isn't being treated like one, and kind of would like him to get his own psychic to give him one that truly feels like his and isn't in a "contested" position

Ralts and G-Ponyta offer up both, but I know how alot of people feel about those two lines.

Trust me, I actually love Flygon. I think Ash would be perfect with it. Garchomp merch makes me think it's a bit more likely, though and would bring back a reserve which would be nice. So there's pros to both, the only con would be type overlap (which previous teams haven't really cared too much about, in truth!)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I actually don’t like Garchomp and would much prefer Flygon

both of them are fine to me, I just want Gible to evolve though because I truly feel the only reason Ash got it was to promote Draco Meteor.

If you watch all the episodes Gible as involved in there are at max like 3 where Draco Meteor doesn't have some roll with Gible's appearance, being training, battle, or Piplup tracker/targeter

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Much prefer he'd evolve Gible than get Flygon as I don't like Flygon. Trapinch and Vibrava are cool though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Power Up said:
I actually don’t like Garchomp and would much prefer Flygon

I like them both, and I suppose that if I had to choose between them, I'd go with Gablias since Satoshi already has Fukamaru and would simply need to evolve it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Swod and Shildy appearing would be interesting. I was never all-that fond of either of them in the games, but the anime could flesh them out a lot more if they appear when Zacian and Zamazenta make their anime debuts.

MegaSalamence05

Now the underrated aspect of Riolu's capture is that it knows Vacuum Wave.

An Egg move. I know that Tyrogue was in the listing for the possible pokemon that it could have been. Vacuum Wave can be taught through The Hitmon evolutionary lines (Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop). As well as through Croagunk/Toxicroak. The move itself comes from Hitmonchan and then it goes from there. So that's pretty neat.

Sorry for the rambling. But I think that's pretty cool for a subtle reference

DuskAstral

Team Yell will definitely appear. It has never happened that any game criminal organization did not show up in the anime.

esquilo09

Now the underrated aspect of Riolu's capture is that it knows Vacuum Wave.

An Egg move. I know that Tyrogue was in the listing for the possible pokemon that it could have been. Vacuum Wave can be taught through The Hitmon evolutionary lines (Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop). As well as through Croagunk/Toxicroak. The move itself comes from Hitmonchan and then it goes from there. So that's pretty neat.

Sorry for the rambling. But I think that's pretty cool for a subtle reference
Nope, you may be on to something, which makes my theory that Riolu's parent is a Hitmonchan.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
But is Yell even criminals? They are just a bunch of punks who are rooting for someone from their town and being a bit exagerated about it.

It's almost like saying Gary's cheerleaders were criminals :p

I think that Riolu’s Vacuum Wave will turn into an Aura Sphere. You can see how it starts off as a ball of energy at first before expanding into a straight energy shot.

I also think that Riolu will get Extreme Speed based on him doing all those speed tackles against Onix

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I truly feel the only reason Ash got it was to promote Draco Meteor.

I don't think that makes sense, considering they really never used Draco Meteor all that much let alone when it used it successfully.

I'm almost positive, the main reason they wanted Ash with Gible was to give him a dragon type, especially since Iris was going to be on the main cast.

I think they must've thought "Fans may not like one of his travelling companions having a dragon type Pokemon FIRST over Ash, they might think we will never give Ash a dragon type" and sure that might be a ridiculous thought but maybe they didn't think that of "fans/viewers/watchers" necessarily but maybe among themselves, maybe they really wanted Ash to get a dragon type, and potentially before having Iris be on the show with Axew.

I just don't think the "Draco Meteor" idea makes sense, considering I don't know what purpose that serves, outside of the original episode with Altaria using Draco Meteor, did we need to see an umpteenth amount of failed attempts smashing into Piplup. Did the only two successful attempts of Draco Meteor need to be Gible launching Shuckle/Dusknoir, did we not deserve draco meteor smashing into an opponent, and further more was it necessary for Darkrai to dodge Draco Meteor?

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I know Riolu was the star of today's episode, but once again, we had Ash in a perfect chance to get an Onix. It has been happening from a time, where Ash COULD have captured an Onix. I hope next time will be the charm, so Ash will have all the Pokemon Stars of Kanto's Elite Four: Dragonite (Lance), Gengar (Agatha), Onix (Bruno) and Lapras* (Lorelei).

*Lapras presence in recent merchandise could represent Ash's Lapras return in the future, and I hope it will be truth.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I know Riolu was the star of today's episode, but once again, we had Ash in a perfect chance to get an Onix. It has been happening from a time, where Ash COULD have captured an Onix. I hope next time will be the charm, so Ash will have all the Pokemon Stars of Kanto's Elite Four: Dragonite (Lance), Gengar (Agatha), Onix (Bruno) and Lapras* (Lorelei).

*Lapras presence in recent merchandise could represent Ash's Lapras return in the future, and I hope it will be truth.

Onix isn't Bruno's Ace. That's Machamp.

lucipher

Only Onix Ash should get is that crystal Onix if not it then no thansk

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't think that makes sense, considering they really never used Draco Meteor all that much let alone when it used it successfully.

Even if the training was miniscule or unsuccessful it doesn't change the point that it was a big focus on Gible, heck it's league victories are both heavily accredited to that move as well, even Tobias mentioned that if his pokemon got hit by it, they could've been knocked out.

there was 2-3 occasions where Gible was used where Draco Meteor was not brought up at all to some capacity, if there was more occasions like that it'd be different but that wasn't the case, every other single time we saw it, Ash was always focusing on Draco Meteor with Gible to some capacity, which is why I feel the way I do about it.

Ash's other dragon pokemon were not treated that way and truly felt like they were there, not promotional tools.

there was that shiny one in the one unnova episode where Dawn came to visit as well.

Onix and Steelix are pretty boring pokemon though overall.

Vacuum Wave is apparently the new staple for Riolu... damn you Cameron

I kinda figured it might have that move, at least it's executed differently, hopefully it'll upgrade to Aura Sphere after evolving.

Ash-Greninja4life

This is a merchandise driven anime primarily targeted at little boys. Ash can't have "girly" Pokemon or else he won't be marketable to young boys anymore. It's the same for other similar shounen anime.

Would it make that much of a difference to making him marketable to young boys if Ash was to catch one ‘girly’ Pokemon as you put it in Galarian Rapidash when he surrounded by ‘Masculine’ Pokemon like Gengar and Lucario? Giving him a ‘girly’ Pokemon could make him more marketable from a female stand point also?

Also, I was right. They did acknowledge that Ash has Aura abilities, which I said that they had to if Ash was going to get a Riolu in order to keep this series in continuity with the past.

Yes technically you did say that Ash and Riolu would Bond over Aura etc, and nobody was really disputing the fact that they could reference it. The issue was, you were adamant that any capture of a riolu by Ash, had, had to reference the Aura abilities. When realistically, they didn’t have to, but chose to. It’s the way you put it across, not necessarily the prediction. I think...

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Onix isn't Bruno's Ace. That's Machamp.

There's actually a draw between Machamp and Onix, because Bruno has a giant Onix, remember? Also, in the first episode, Bruno used an Onix against Agatha's Gengar.

Nope, that Onix broke the rules of the game's mechanics, as being made of crystal, water didn't work on him, but fire did. Besides, if Ash get an Onix, he can be the kind of Pokemon that reject to evolve (not wanting to become Steelix). It would be a way to differentiate him from Brock's Steelix.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Would it make that much of a difference to making him marketable to young boys if Ash was to catch one ‘girly’ Pokemon as you put it in Galarian Rapidash when he surrounded by ‘Masculine’ Pokemon like Gengar and Lucario? Giving him a ‘girly’ Pokemon could make him more marketable from a female stand point also?

OK, look, there's s difference between "girly Pokemon" and "female Pokemon". Ash already have some Pokemon that match better for girls than boys: Mr Mime, Bayleef, Lapras (possibly returning), Unfezant (female), Snivy (female).... Problem is, some Pokemon MAY be too girly, like Sylveon. That's the problem with Fairy Pokemon, as they look too "girly". The Fairy Pokemon that would suit Ash best would be Granbull, but considering how Ash bonded with a Ponyta/Rapidash back in the first season, I can't stop thinking Ash could get a Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash. It's very difficult for me to imagine Ash with this Pokemon, as "My Little Pony" comes to mind, but weirder things have already happened.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
OK, look, there's s difference between "girly Pokemon" and "female Pokemon". Ash already have some Pokemon that match better for girls than boys: Mr Mime, Bayleef, Lapras (possibly returning), Unfezant (female), Snivy (female).... Problem is, some Pokemon MAY be too girly, like Sylveon. That's the problem with Fairy Pokemon, as they look too "girly". The Fairy Pokemon that would suit Ash best would be Granbull, but considering how Ash bonded with a Ponyta/Rapidash back in the first season, I can't stop thinking Ash could get a Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash. It's very difficult for me to imagine Ash with this Pokemon, as "My Little Pony" comes to mind, but weirder things have already happened.

what about Gardevoir? It's a psychic/fairy and we've seen from Diantha just how powerful they can be.

besides if Ash got his "own" psychic it would stop the contested feelings over Mr.mime

Status
Not open for further replies.