• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatoSereFan224888

That was so random dude, wtf lmao
But my gut tells me something bad may have happened to her. Plus it seems like they have not even mentioned any of Ash's Kalos travels despite the return to Kalos coming up.

But my gut tells me something bad may have happened to her. Plus it seems like they have not even mentioned any of Ash's Kalos travels despite the return to Kalos coming up.

That’s all fine and dandy, but are aware that the title of this thread is Pokémon Speculation? If you want to talk about Serena, it would make more sense if you talked about her in the Character Speculation thread...

SatoSereFan224888

Misty didn't show up for years and something horrible happened to her...

She got Mega Gyarados
But my fear is she was beaten up by a thug and unfortunately passed away. Although that would be way too dark for Pokemon.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Based on the list of the most popular Pokemon of each Generation, I believe we can guess soe potential events in the current season.

Let's continue, shall we?

4º) Generation IV:
+ Lucario (1): Quite obvious that Ash's Riolu will evolve into Lucario.
+ Garchomp (2): Considering Ash rode a Garchomp as a Poke Rider in Alola, I'll say his Gible should return and evolve.
+ Luxray (3): I think it's time for the old rule "Pikachu is Ash's only Electric type" to be broken. Ash get along with a Luxio once, and having this Pokemon would be a reference to his old friend Clemont. It's a good choice.
+ Piplup (4)/Empoleon (9): Just like Ash could get a Torchic/Blaziken like May, he could also get a Piplup/Empoleon like Dawn. They capture Ash's starters back in the day (Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Cyndaquil), so this would even the odds.
+ Glaceon (7): A possibility if Ash gets an Eevee, but I'm not really sure.
+ Gallade (15): A potential Psychic type for Ash.
+ Togekiss (17): If Ash gets a new Togepi, it could end up evolving to Togekiss. He found the original Togepi's egg, and this Pokemon can use Aura Sphere like Lucario.

5º) Generation V:
+ Zoroark (2): Just like Riolu/Lucario, this is a Pokemon fans have speculating than Ash could capture. Therefore, it could happen.
+ Serperior (6): It surpasses its inicial phase Snivy (13), so Ash's Snivy coul return and evolve.
+ Whimsicott (12): OK, now, I know this is weird. However, this Pokemon appeared on the promo poster of the season and in several merchandise. It reminds me the Cottonee he befriended back in Sinnoh and helped to impress a female one, recycling Butterfree's episode. I doubt it will actually happen, but then again, it would be another Fairy Type for Ash.
+ Samurott (18)/Oshawott (7): There is a difference in the ranking, but I can always be wrong. I would like to believe Oshawott would return at some point and evolve too.

6º) Generation VI:
+ Greninja (1): Obviously, Ash's Greninja will return, as it appeared in merchandise and in the promo poster of this season.
+ Goodra (5): Ash's Goodra could return too, but I'm not really sure considering he became the leader of his homeland. Something would have to happen to make his return possible. My idea?, maybe another strong Pokemon would take his place as protector and leader.
+ Tyrantrum (10): This Pokemon is very popular because it reminds us Agumon/Greymon from Digimon, Pokemon's "twin series". That's why many fans supported it. If Ash is ever going to capture a Fossil Pokemon, Tyrunt/Tyrantrum definitely suits the place.
+ Trevenant (25): I doubt it will happen, but this was a Pokemon I was hoping for Ash to capture because of its Ghost Type. Things are not clear now.

I'll post the last one later. What do you think?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
my uncle knows one of the Pokémon writers irl, he can confirm she did get beaten up as well.
It was Larry the Leprechaun he beat up Serena for gold. I can confirm this as can Larry!

Larry: That rat had it coming

Leonhart

Imagineer
Power Up said:
Man, I have more of a problem with Garchomp pandering than Lucario pandering. I got sick of Garchomp in XY and I really don’t like its design. There’s been some Flygon advertising so I’m hoping Ash gets Flygon

While there has been some Gablias merchandise lately, Riolu/Lucario have had a significantly higher amount of promotion recently [and overall since Gen IV], so I'd say that the overexposure of Lucario is a bigger problem than Gablias having a few new toys released. There hasn't been much Flygon merchandise advertised lately, so predicting that one might appear in the near future over Gablias is peculiar to me.

MegaSalamence05

My idea for Sobble is that it was kicked out of a group of Sobble and Drizzile as it was too shy and it couldn't keep up with the group think of it as the reverse Treecko

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Team Yell will definitely appear. It has never happened that any game criminal organization did not show up in the anime.

BW1 Team Plasma in the Anime

Riolu chose Ash because it was looking for those aura waves it felt as an egg, so when it saw ash it thought it couldn’t be him I’m going to get stronger on my own. Then felt ash’s aura, makes me wonder how his and ash’s relationship will be. When ash and riolu battle

I smell Battle Bond Lucario

Red and Blue

why have Korrina use it at all then?

Besides people have made it clear, they don't want Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing going down outside of Galar (I feel it should be possible, but I get the fact that it lowers Galar's importance even further), but at the same time i'm very doubtful that all of Ash's battles and some of his big ones would be restricted to Galar alone either, given that this is a world based competition, so why not let him use the other mechanics to compensate outside of Galar's borders?

because sure there's no guarantee he'll get a mega ring, but at the same time he very well still could.

It'd be ironic though to some degree if Riolu evolves and ends up being his first mega though, considering in X/Y your first mega was indeed a Lucario, and against Korrina with one.
Korrina is using Mega Evolution because they likely want to showcase the other two mechanics next to Dynamaxing. Even if Lucario can't GMAX outside of Galar he can still use it whenever Ash visits the regions.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Korrina is using Mega Evolution because they likely want to showcase the other two mechanics next to Dynamaxing. Even if Lucario can't GMAX outside of Galar he can still use it whenever Ash visits the regions.

so why can't Ash use the other mechanic's as well outside of Galar by the same logic?

I find it really restricting that Dyna/Gigantamaxing is restricted to Galar, yet we know Mega Evolution and Z-moves can be used anywhere, so why can't Ash use them as compensation? Cause again I doubt all of Ash's battles are going to take place in Galar, and I know that people don't want Dyna/Gigantamaxing going down outside of Galar since it lowers Galar's importance even more.

besides if Ash retrieves his Z-ring, Pikachu would likely be pulling double duty as it is, I don't see why only one mechanic can be used in this series since they seem to be focusing on everything, not just Galar which is something people seem to be forgetting.

Sword master zacian

so why can't Ash use the other mechanic's as well outside of Galar by the same logic?

I find it really restricting that Dyna/Gigantamaxing is restricted to Galar, yet we know Mega Evolution and Z-moves can be used anywhere, so why can't Ash use them as compensation? Cause again I doubt all of Ash's battles are going to take place in Galar, and I know that people don't want Dyna/Gigantamaxing going down outside of Galar since it lowers Galar's importance even more.

besides if Ash retrieves his Z-ring, Pikachu would likely be pulling double duty as it is, I don't see why only one mechanic can be used in this series since they seem to be focusing on everything, not just Galar which is something people seem to be forgetting.
dynamaxing and gigantamaxing can't be used in other region
Remember ep 4 if not rewatch it prof. Sakuragi said dynamaxing is a phenomenon only seen in galar region

Even if it was possible why they haven't used it in any battle outside if talking of stadium see in ep 18 stadium was also there

As for megas it is possible everywhere

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
dynamaxing and gigantamaxing can't be used in other region
Remember ep 4 if not rewatch it prof. Sakuragi said dynamaxing is a phenomenon only seen in galar region

the point that i'm making is, by that logic why can't Ash use Z-moves and Mega Evolution in other regions to compensate BECAUSE of that restriction, since I seriously doubt all of his big fights are going to take place in Galar alone.

and I don't see why he couldn't try and use all of them anyway.

Red and Blue

Actually if the hypothetical Sinnoh remakes add in new GMAX forms then Dynamaxing could happen in Sinnoh through some means.

Sure he could mega evolve his Lucario. Though at the same time I could see him Gigantamaxing it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.