• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pal, Go has a Taillow, where Ash has a Swellow. Go has a Sandile, while Ash has a Krookodile. Go has a Grimer, while Ash has a Muk. I don't know if Go will work on making his Pokemon evolve or if he will just capture its evolutions; but either way, sooner or later, Go will surely capture a Pokemon that Ash also owns.

I said his 2019 roster, genius.
Note the lack of Dratini and Gastly

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I just thought about something funny. Go already captured a Exeggcute and a Misdreavus. These two Pokemon doesn't need experience to evolve, but evolutionary stones. So, there's a chance Go will want to evolve them the moment he gets the Evolutionary Stones.

Another thing, if Go makes his Exeggcute evolve, it will surely be a Kanto Exeggutor. Eventually, when Ash and Go visit Alola, Ash could actually get one of the Alola Exeggutor he befriended. That way, in the Lab, they would have an Alola Exeggutor and a Kanto Exeggutor. The same thing happens with Farfetch'd. Go already captured a Farfetch'd, and we know from the trailer that a Galarian Farfetch'd is coming. Ash could actually capture this Pokemon, giving two other Pokemon with Regional forms. Eventually, however, Ash's Galarian Farfetch'd would evolve to Sirfetch'd, as it's a Pokemon with a SWORD and a SHIELD. Quite ironic, huh?

What do you think?

I said his 2019 roster, genius.
Note the lack of Dratini and Gastly

What do you mean "2019 roster"? Although he doesn't use them, Ash still has a lot of Pokemon at Oak's Lab. Although it's pretty obvious Ash will use them again at some point.

One more thing. There are SO MANY possibilities with Ash's Riolu and his moves. I have some theories, considering the attacks that Ash tends to use more often.

+ "Vacuum Wave". After evolving to Lucario, it turns into "Aura Sphere".
+ "Metal Claw". I like how it looks like Wolverine's claws, of course, it will become more effective once it evolves to Lucario.
+ "Quick Attack". Actually, Vacuum Wave is a variation of Quick Attack, so maybe not. However, after evolving to Lucario, it could turn into "Extreme Speed".
+ "Copycat". It could be useful for Riolu to "learn" a lot of moves. However, once evolved to Lucario, he could replace it with "Bone Rush".

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I just thought about something funny. Go already captured a Exeggcute and a Misdreavus. These two Pokemon doesn't need experience to evolve, but evolutionary stones. So, there's a chance Go will want to evolve them the moment he gets the Evolutionary Stones.

Another thing, if Go makes his Exeggcute evolve, it will surely be a Kanto Exeggutor. Eventually, when Ash and Go visit Alola, Ash could actually get one of the Alola Exeggutor he befriended. That way, in the Lab, they would have an Alola Exeggutor and a Kanto Exeggutor. The same thing happens with Farfetch'd. Go already captured a Farfetch'd, and we know from the trailer that a Galarian Farfetch'd is coming. Ash could actually capture this Pokemon, giving two other Pokemon with Regional forms. Eventually, however, Ash's Galarian Farfetch'd would evolve to Sirfetch'd, as it's a Pokemon with a SWORD and a SHIELD. Quite ironic, huh?

What do you think?

What do you mean "2019 roster"? Although he doesn't use them, Ash still has a lot of Pokemon at Oak's Lab. Although it's pretty obvious Ash will use them again at some point.

One more thing. There are SO MANY possibilities with Ash's Riolu and his moves. I have some theories, considering the attacks that Ash tends to use more often.

+ "Vacuum Wave". After evolving to Lucario, it turns into "Aura Sphere".
+ "Metal Claw". I like how it looks like Wolverine's claws, of course, it will become more effective once it evolves to Lucario.
+ "Quick Attack". Actually, Vacuum Wave is a variation of Quick Attack, so maybe not. However, after evolving to Lucario, it could turn into "Extreme Speed".
+ "Copycat". It could be useful for Riolu to "learn" a lot of moves. However, once evolved to Lucario, he could replace it with "Bone Rush".

He is saying that he doesn't see Ash and Go overlapping in terms of pokemon that Ash has on hand right now meaning Pikachu, Dragonite, Mr. Mime, Gengar, and Riolu and their respective evolution families.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Looking at past Lucario movesets (including every move they knew since a couple had more than 4)

Maylene's
Aura sphere
Bone Rush
Metal Claw
Force Palm

Rileys
Close Combat
Aura Sphere
Bone Rush

Cameon's
Vaccum Wave
Copycat
Circle Throw
Force Palm
Aura Sphere

Korrina's
Swords Dance
Power-up Punch
Metal Sound
Bone Rush
Aura Sphere

Kakui's
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Extremespeed

Aura Sphere and Bone Rush seem to be popular choices based off this, but I dunno about the other 2 choices, Flash Cannon/Meteor Mash for one I guess but that leaves one slot open.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Looking at past Lucario movesets (including every move they knew since a couple had more than 4)

Maylene's
Aura sphere
Bone Rush
Metal Claw
Force Palm

Rileys
Close Combat
Aura Sphere
Bone Rush

Cameon's
Vaccum Wave
Copycat
Circle Throw
Force Palm
Aura Sphere

Korrina's
Swords Dance
Power-up Punch
Metal Sound
Bone Rush
Aura Sphere

Kakui's
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Extremespeed

Aura Sphere and Bone Rush seem to be popular choices based off this, but I dunno about the other 2 choices, Flash Cannon/Meteor Mash for one I guess but that leaves one slot open.

I already told, pal. Metal Claw has to be one, not only because it reminds me Wolverine, but because it's a Steel Move and Lucario is parttially a Steel Type. The last one, could be tricky, but considering how Ash like variations of Quick Attack, I would go for Extremespeed.

I feel like this could be a good moveset for Ash's Riolu (before it evolves)

Vaccum Wave
Quick attack
Metal claw
Force palm

Vaccum Wave and Quick Attack are technically variations of the same "move". Maybe Quick Attack can be replaced by Copycat. Metal Claw is a good choice for his future as Lucario.

Poke'fan68

Vaccum Wave and Quick Attack are technically variations of the same "move". Maybe Quick Attack can be replaced by Copycat. Metal Claw is a good choice for his future as Lucario.

Vaccum wave seems to be used for Fighting from a distance while quick attack is a lot more close range sure there both priority moves but both can be used very differently so I don't see why Riolu couldn't have both

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
you are aware they could change the animation of the move right?

I mean look at yesterday's episode and how Tauros preformed Iron Head.

So what? As far as I remember, we never saw a Tauros performing Iron Head. Also, I don't think they will change the animation of Metal Claw for Riolu/Lucario. The white things they have in the hands seem precisely designed for that move.

Vaccum wave seems to be used for Fighting from a distance while quick attack is a lot more close range sure there both priority moves but both can be used very differently so I don't see why Riolu couldn't have both

You have a point about the effect, but they actually work in the same way. It's a speed move that always goes first. Other moves that match "Vacuum Wave" and "Quick Attack" are "Mach Punch", "Aqua Jet", "Bullet Punch", "Ice Shard", "Shadow Sneak", "Accelerock". Ash never has two attacks of the same kind for the same Pokemon. That's why Riolu won't have Quick Attack and Vacuum Wave at the same time. However, when it evolves, "Vacuum Wave" will definitely be replaced by "Aura Sphere"; and for a move about Speed, it can surely get Extreme Speed, which is an improved and stronger version of Quick Attack.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I want Lucario to have a Steel type move for once, I don't like it when pokemon don't use both their types.

BabaVanga

I'd like to post my prediction for Ash's potential Lucario moveset aswell:
- Aura Sphere (it's pretty much a given)
- Meteor Mash (it needs a Steel-type move, Flash Cannon/Steal Beam would've been good too)
- Bone Rush
- ExtremeSpeed (or Dragon Pulse, eventually)

was it necessary for Darkrai to dodge Draco Meteor?
If it wanted to survive, yes.
For a Riolu-->Lucario moveset, I'd really like to see something like:

Vacuum Wave -> Aura Sphere
Drain Punch
Meteor Mash
Extreme Speed
I think it will learn Bone Rush. A dog without a bone is like an actor out on loan.
Oh wow, the thread has boomed.
I'm actually amazed at episode 21, it was a masterpiece in my opinion. 10/10.
I just love Ash's Riolu. That connection when Ash was battling Tauros, which then Riolu was able to identify Ash as the person he was looking for when he battled Onix.

I'm actually amazed at 3 particular things:
1. Riolu is a natural-born battler, has the instincts and really wants to get stronger.
2. When Ash and Riolu connected through aura, Riolu's vacuum wave got stronger. There is a lot of potential into this for future battles and may be the difference for example between Ash and his future Lucario in comparison to other trainenrs and their Lucarios.
3. Riolu actually managed to get good experience in the first episode it hatched, and i should say A LOT. Even though levels dont matter and are not shown in the anime, i would say he went from lvl 1 to lvl 5 lol.
This happens with a lot of Pokemon. For example Pikachu's Thunderbolt gets stronger due to Ash's enthusiasm.

Ash-Greninja4life

I know yesterday’s episode was all about Riolu, but we didn’t actually see what Ash’s rank had changed to did we?

And also it was Pikachu again 3 battles in a row, and he didn’t even have Dragonite on hand with him either (we can assume) we don’t even know if he had Gengar with him or just pikachu? Don’t get me wrong, I like Pikachu, but if it’s going to get used in every 1vs1 battle, it’s going to get rather annoying. I don’t know if Dragonite is overkill or not until the higher ranks but even so?

plus we don’t know if Ash got to the next rank yet, but maybe as he is fighting Korrina soon, he did actually gain a class.

Status
Not open for further replies.