• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egakor

This is unlikely but I really want Ash & Pikachu to kick Zekrom's ass in this series. That thing is partly responsible for Pikachu's terrible start in Unova.

Aleisterblack123

Personally, I prefer if he'd get Toxtricity partly because it seems to be pretty popular & partly because it would also serve as Ash Poison type (I don't see Gengar fully tapping into its Poison type characteristics). While Ash team has been consisting of pokémon fans have wanted him to catch for years, I'm worried catching a mythical like Zeraora would be overkill (he may have had a mythical & an ultra beast in Sun & Moon, but they both started off as weak & unevolved before becoming powerhouses).
I chose zerarora because Ash was the only person in alola to ever see it in the Guzzlord dimension, he was fond of it and it is a speedy pokemon which he works really well with. The fact that he's in the poster means we could probably see it again or actually a diffenrent zerarora that's from the same world as Ash. Zerarora has also been in a lot merch lately. Never say never in this series.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly, Koharu is really boring to me. If they are going for a female companion, then bring the most popular ones like Dawn or Serena.
Neither would bring anything new if they returned as companions and would be in the background most of the time anyways, especially Serena.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm just counting the days until Tyranitar inevitably joins the team. I'd bet it is after Sobble but before the just as inevitable Kubfu arrives

Galarian Ponyta would be fine. Just don't let it evolve.

This. Instead of getting an awesome pegasus a cute pony somehow turned into an abomination of a horse!
I'd like Ponyta to be the Buizel of the team

If Ash catches an electric type, would you rather it be Toxtricity or Zeraora?

Zeraora. Zeraora every freaking time, I love Toxtricity but Zeraora is way cooler

I'm kinda expecting Surge to showcase Toxtricity, since he's off who knows where atm. Either that or come back with Mega Ampharos... both would be amazing!

ShadowForce720

I'm just counting the days until Tyranitar inevitably joins the team. I'd bet it is after Sobble but before the just as inevitable Kubfu arrives

This. Instead of getting an awesome pegasus a cute pony somehow turned into an abomination of a horse!
I'd like Ponyta to be the Buizel of the team

Zeraora. Zeraora every freaking time, I love Toxtricity but Zeraora is way cooler

I'm kinda expecting Surge to showcase Toxtricity, since he's off who knows where atm. Either that or come back with Mega Ampharos... both would be amazing!

No offense but I don’t see how it’s inevitable that Ash will get Tyranitar and a Kubfu. Look I get that you want him to get those Pokémon and that’s fine but your jumping to conclusions to fast here.

Don’t get me wrong I do want Ash to get a Tyranitar and Kubfu, however while is possible that he could get them, they aren’t inevitable or confirmed to happen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pkjoan said:
Honestly, Koharu is really boring to me. If they are going for a female companion, then bring the most popular ones like Dawn or Serena.

They're clearly not going to replace her since they created her for a reason, which is to be another friend for Gou to interact with when he isn't talking to Satoshi. And as much as I liked Hikari, I don't think I even want to see her again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sword master zacian said:
If mallow returns i want her to catch atleast two pokemon
Alcremie
Polteageist
Its just fits her goal

Mawhip kind of fits if we're strictly talking about food themes, but I always figured that Mao would stick with Grass-types. And while Potdeath is loosely based on tea, I feel that it's more ghost-based and therefore probably not really Mao's style.

Paree

Just by evolving his old mons, Ash can have
Blastoise/Wartortle
Venusaur/Ivysaur
Meganium
Typhlosion
Croconaw/Feraligatr
Crawdaunt
Floatzel
Garchomp/Gabite
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott/Dewott
Gigalith
Scrafty
Seismitoad
Decidueye/Dartrix
Lucario

Although most of these are starters, it can turn Ash’s forgotten pokemon like Boldore/Palpitoad/Corphish into powerhouses. Or give him fan favourites like Garchomp.

SerenaRulez

I don't think Ash needs to get more powerhouses out of his older Pokemon by evolving them since he has about 6 or 7 really strong Pokemon at Oak's place already and then Pikachu, Dragonite and Gengar on his team right now.

Then when Riolu evolves it'll probably be really tough too so to me it seems that Ash has his powerhouses covered already.

Red and Blue

Toxricity is one of the most popular Pokemon of Gen 8. Possibly the next Lucario in terms of popularity. I'd say Ash has a good shot at it

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think Ash needs to get more powerhouses out of his older Pokemon by evolving them since he has about 6 or 7 really strong Pokemon at Oak's place already and then Pikachu, Dragonite and Gengar on his team right now.

Then when Riolu evolves it'll probably be really tough too so to me it seems that Ash has his powerhouses covered already.

Given he's getting popular Pokemon, I hope you're at least ready to accept Garchomp potentially happening.

Some of the Pokemon there should definitely evolve. Like Garchomp and Emboar becoming reality, and another Johto evolution

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:

I don't think Lucario will necessarily become a powerhouse in the same sense as Lizardon or Jukain for instance. Those kinds of Pokemon are rather rare among Satoshi's collection of Pokemon, and in spite of Lucario's popularity, I don't think it'll be treated that way.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
Even if Koharu doesn't get a lot of attention in the show she's one of my favorite characters because she's so relatable. She's a totally normal character compared to Go and Ash. :)

I'm trying to view Koharu as relatable, but aside from a few amusing comments that she's made, I don't view her that way. She's normal like you said, but that doesn't necessarily make her relatable to me, personally. I like Gou because he displays more personality traits that I can relate to myself, even if those traits aren't always good ones.

lucipher

I don't think Lucario will necessarily become a powerhouse in the same sense as Lizardon or Jukain for instance. Those kinds of Pokemon are rather rare among Satoshi's collection of Pokemon, and in spite of Lucario's popularity, I don't think it'll be treated that way.
They are already hinting on him becoming op

Status
Not open for further replies.