• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Did SM make people forget Ash typically has type overlaps or something?

After the case of naganadel evolving offscreen i wouldn't be surprised if many of the pokemon in oak's lab have also evolved by now, we know that they train amnog themselves.

Ugh, no. That'd just be straight up awful, not to mention lazy writing at it's finest. The people who joke/complain about Ash's team looking like a fanfic would have some actual grounding if they did that, plenty of those "Strong/Smart Ash" fics just evolve everyone before the story starts. It's lazy as hell and not to mention boring, I want to see Gabite evolve under Ash and see it do enough to become a Garchomp. Naganadel was bad enough(Wouldn't have been as **** if they'd just have let him stay where he belongs! -_-), coming back to Oak's just to see a Garchomp, Emboar, Samurott, and Serperior waiting would be extremely underwhelming and make one think "Okay, why the hell didn't they evolve them in the previous series then?". Especially for BW's case

There's a major difference between Ash reuniting with and catching Larvitar as a Tyranitar, and straight up getting a Garchomp from Oak's

Using a couple of new attacks and becoming a completely different stage of Pokemon are two different things..

And this ^

Paree

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
SM avoid much type overlaps... And replaced it with Ground weakness. 5 out of 6 could be destroyed by Earthquake with the only one with immunity being... Rowlett lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Let's not forget that as well as the overlaps in SM, that in XY Ash also had three flying types, as well as two dragon types once he entered the league..

Sword master zacian

SM avoid much type overlaps... And replaced it with Ground weakness. 5 out of 6 could be destroyed by Earthquake with the only one with immunity being... Rowlett lol
Nope they gave ash 2 bug/fighting pokemon and 2 rock (one of them main) and 2 steel (one of them main) even though they were temporaray and ultra beast but ash caught them in pokeball that what really matter

desdar300

Other than Dakuma being a new Pokemon from the upcoming Shield and Sword expansion pack, I don't think it would really serve much of a role outside of being a promotional tie-in. But even from a marketing standpoint, I don't think that Satoshi needs Dakuma since any other character could showcase it. Now that he has Riolu, I figure that Dakuma would be even more pointless on his team since it wouldn't contribute any original type coverage.
To be fair one could make the argument for almost all the Pokemon he's gotten up until now in PM.
Especially Dragonite who hasn't really done much

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
And they used his worst option, Pikachu, against Hapu. I never took common weaknesses on his team seriously after he took on Candice with 3 of his 4 Pokémon being weak to Ice

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
As much as the continuity situation improved with the last episodes, I'm still surprised you guys keep talking about the lab's Pokémon as if there was any big chance of them reappearing or even more, being developed. With this all-star/fanservice/fanfic team Ash is gathering now, I see no room for them, unfortunately. And I'm the first one who wants them back. Because it seems it has to bee now or never. Heck, I'd rather see Palpitoad than Serena.

World Turtle

Did SM make people forget Ash typically has type overlaps or something?

Ugh, no. That'd just be straight up awful, not to mention lazy writing at it's finest. The people who joke/complain about Ash's team looking like a fanfic would have some actual grounding if they did that, plenty of those "Strong/Smart Ash" fics just evolve everyone before the story starts. It's lazy as hell and not to mention boring, I want to see Gabite evolve under Ash and see it do enough to become a Garchomp. Naganadel was bad enough(Wouldn't have been as **** if they'd just have let him stay where he belongs! -_-), coming back to Oak's just to see a Garchomp, Emboar, Samurott, and Serperior waiting would be extremely underwhelming and make one think "Okay, why the hell didn't they evolve them in the previous series then?". Especially for BW's case

There's a major difference between Ash reuniting with and catching Larvitar as a Tyranitar, and straight up getting a Garchomp from Oak's

And this ^

What would be the best way to bring Ash’s old Pokémon back to evolve them do you think?

Maybe he and Gou go visit Oak’s lab and they meet some of Ash’s Pokémon and they’re so excited to see him they evolve out of sheer joy. I could see Bayleef, Totodile, and Oshawott doing that.

There is also of course evolving in PWC battles or against Team Rocket.

JoaquinLorie

This. Keep it to learning moves off screen (even his current party does that like with X Scissor Hawlucha)

Offscreen moves are quite epic actually. It has happened before and the surprise is tasty.
Imagine a pokemon world championship battle, then Ash's pokemon uses the new move to everyone's surprise. One of many scenarios.

Why can a Pokemon evolve offscreen but not when they are at the lab? We saw in DP that some of Ash's reserves learned new moves while Ash was away. If they can do that they can certainly evolve

The reason is quite obvious. Moves learnt offscreen are not that big of a deal compared to an evolution offscreen. Also, none of Ash's pokemon have ever evolved offscreen, that would be missed high quality content.
Usually development or struggle leads to an evolution, if any or many of Ash's pokemon evolved offscreen it wouldnt make any sense and would feel like rushing or bad writing. Unless professor Oak does a flashback of the evolution, and it's quite epic, it would work.

Either way i prefer the pokemon evolving under Ash's command, it's way cooler. Also, the writers up until now have showed they wont do offscreen evolutions. Even if they do it ONCE to a pokemon in Ash's lab, it would have a cool flashback.

Note: If it werent a problem, then make Ash go back to the lab with all the pokemon fully evolved. Nope. Nothing like that happening.

Master Pikachu 11

As much as the continuity situation improved with the last episodes, I'm still surprised you guys keep talking about the lab's Pokémon as if there was any big chance of them reappearing or even more, being developed. With this all-star/fanservice/fanfic team Ash is gathering now, I see no room for them, unfortunately. And I'm the first one who wants them back. Because it seems it has to bee now or never. Heck, I'd rather see Palpitoad than Serena.
The second poster where a lot people seem to not talk about as well as the website with the poke balls on the left side showed, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charizard and it is both strongly hinting that they will appear in the future

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
The second poster where a lot people seem to not talk about as well as the website with the poke balls on the left side showed, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charizard and it is both strongly hinting that they will appear in the future
Of course, but as much as I'd like to see them, I don't think they're exactly the ones who need development or a lot of extra screen time. But I get that this series is about the popular ones.

Master Pikachu 11

Of course, but as much as I'd like to see them, I don't think they're exactly the ones who need development or a lot of extra screen time. But I get that this series is about the popular ones.
Well if they can appear then the other pokemon can as well.
There is no evidence of kubfu caught by ash . But there is also a point that rhey just can't deny kubfu and leave it untouched
They will promote isle of armor in some way
It will not go to go because it a battling pokemon always wants to train and battle and go will not give it battle and train that much.

Kubfu is like the poipole of sword and shield games
I dont see a coTd challenging the towers and becoming strong and ash just looking and didn't take part
There is in my opinion 90% chance for kubfu to ho to ash
And i think kubfu will be the one to break the biggest trend of ash not getting legendary and it definately would be strong
I predict lucario/riolu would be mentor of kubfu if it goes to ash's team
Nothing to say about type overlap now because he had 3 ground types and 2 flying in sinnoh and 3 flying 2 dragons in kalos and many more in every region except some
Why not two fighting type in new series and evolve into dark type one single strike
It would be more of a Meltan then Poipole because Meltan actually battled while Poipole just stood there for most of the time under Ash’s care until it came back evolved of course.

Red and Blue

Offscreen moves are quite epic actually. It has happened before and the surprise is tasty.
Imagine a pokemon world championship battle, then Ash's pokemon uses the new move to everyone's surprise. One of many scenarios.

The reason is quite obvious. Moves learnt offscreen are not that big of a deal compared to an evolution offscreen. Also, none of Ash's pokemon have ever evolved offscreen, that would be missed high quality content.
Usually development or struggle leads to an evolution, if any or many of Ash's pokemon evolved offscreen it wouldnt make any sense and would feel like rushing or bad writing. Unless professor Oak does a flashback of the evolution, and it's quite epic, it would work.

Either way i prefer the pokemon evolving under Ash's command, it's way cooler. Also, the writers up until now have showed they wont do offscreen evolutions. Even if they do it ONCE to a pokemon in Ash's lab, it would have a cool flashback.

Note: If it werent a problem, then make Ash go back to the lab with all the pokemon fully evolved. Nope. Nothing like that happening.
Since when has bad writing ever stopped the writers from making questionable choices in the anime? If they can have one of Ash's Pokemon evolve offscreen once they can do it again with one of his reserves

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
Also Battle Frontier was already mentioned in the new series, even if not the Kanto one

Yes, although I personally don't think that he'll appear at the Battle Frontier if he returns, mainly because I don't think that Satoshi and Gou will go back there. I was thinking that he might show up in a Galar themed episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
desdar300 said:
To be fair one could make the argument for almost all the Pokemon he's gotten up until now in PM.
Especially Dragonite who hasn't really done much

Kairyu is part of the Kanto pandering trend, and it might eventually become a powerhouse. It also gives Satoshi some extra type coverage, something that a pure Fighting-type like Dakuma wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.