• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Give me my Espeon you cowards lol!!

Also not gonna happen but if it could know Return that would be amazing cuz it fulfills my Colosseum fantasy.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Really dub?? You couldn't reveal Koharu's name too lol??

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
Yeah she can be mentioned and maybe shown in a flashback if Ash and Goh ever talk about Pokemon Showcases in a future Kalos episode. :)

I suppose, although it's hard to imagine the writers re-introducing an anime exclusive activity when they could just take things one step further and show Contests again, which is what they should've done in XY instead of inventing TryPokaron.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I will only believe if they show Ash catch an Eevee.

After capturing a Dragonite, a Gengar and a Riolu, I think we can expect anything.

By the way, the Meltan we saw in the merchandise could actually be a Meltan captured by Go, as we are not entirely sure about how many Meltans were in Alola back then. Maybe one was left behind when Ash's Meltan gathered the others in other to evolve.

By the way, I read the thing about Melmetal turning into Meltans at the end of its life, but considering this is Evolution, I don't bet on it. Evolution is a one way direction. I mean, Magneton evolves when three Magnemites come together, but they never return to be Magnemites like that. The same happens with Digletts combined as Dugtrio.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Dawn is going to prove that statement wrong, watch
I don't think that's happening unless we're getting DP remakes, and even then, Dawn might not even show up. They might just create an anime-original rival from Sinnoh like Sawyer in XY.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think that's happening unless we're getting DP remakes, and even then, Dawn might not even show up. They might just create an anime-original rival from Sinnoh like Sawyer in XY.

She is the most popular female companion, she doesn't need remakes to excuse her coming back
Besides if Ash actually uses reserves from Oak's this series, there is no need to create original characters as he already owns Infernape and Torterra. Only Empoleon is uncalled for and they could just as easily give Ash one if they have to showcase the final evolutions for new forms or something

Zoruagible

Give me my Espeon you cowards lol!!

Also not gonna happen but if it could know Return that would be amazing cuz it fulfills my Colosseum fantasy.

It'll likely wind up one of the two Johto ones, unless there is a new Eeveelution in the DLC

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
Maybe. Tho the Meltan is odd because Ash's is now a Melmetal. So this would have to be an entirely different Meltan. Are they going back to Melemele Island?

The fact that Meltan was already overly promoted in SM is one of the reasons why I don't think that its inclusion in that candy packaging is meant to foreshadow its appearance in the near future. Meltan just isn't really in need of more screen-time. Latias has never made an appearance in the main anime before if I remember right, so she does at least deserve to appear although I don't think for one second that she'd be captured by Satoshi.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The fact that Meltan was already overly promoted in SM is one of the reasons why I don't think that its inclusion in that candy packaging is meant to foreshadow its appearance in the near future. Meltan just isn't really in need of more screen-time. Latias has never made an appearance in the main anime before if I remember right, so she does at least deserve to appear although I don't think for one second that she'd be captured by Satoshi.
Latias did appear in ep 2 of the DP specials under ownership of a Nurse Joy if that counts as in the main anime.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I think Serena will at least be alluded to.

As for her actually appearing? It's hard to say.
Given her send off, it hard to imagine how they'd make her and Ash reunite without bringing up the kiss lol.

Or maybe they wouldn't bring it up at all. But then they'd risk angering the Amourshippers lol.

It's a no win situation there so I'm doubtful of a full fledged return for her

They need to give us some sort of update on Serena and some of the other girls. I want to know where Iris followed Rayquaza to and if Serena ever competed in Hoenn's contests.

PsychoLogical

Hoenn maybe?

Agreed on the update thing tho.

I especially wanna know what May's been up to after all this time
I think May might have been retconned out of the anime aka meaning she may never appear again. This is due to VA issues where her original VA has retired since 2012 and its considered to be very dishonorable/disrespectful in JPN to replace a character’s VA unless the VA dies or there’s a VA scandal. Unless they’re willing to break that, then I don’t see May ever returning.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I think May might have been retconned out of the anime aka meaning she may never appear again. This is due to VA issues where her original VA has retired since 2012 and its considered to be very dishonorable/disrespectful in JPN to replace a character’s VA unless the VA dies or there’s a VA scandal. Unless they’re willing to break that, then I don’t see May ever returning.
Oh right. I completely forgot about May's VA retiring.

As well at least Dawn is still a possibility? :(

PsychoLogical

Oh right. I completely forgot about May's VA retiring.

As well at least Dawn is still a possibility? :(
ye Dawn’s a possibility, no issues are there and she’s considered the most popular female companion to exist.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Latias did appear in ep 2 of the DP specials under ownership of a Nurse Joy if that counts as in the main anime.

I still found that crazy, even if she was one of the inspector joys.

Still it just goes to show that not all legendaries are treated like they used to be.

Sure something like Rayquaza's not happening, but something like Kubfu or one of the new Regi's is possible.

Master Pikachu 11

After Sobble
And hopefully after Tyranitar as well, I don't wanna wait a second longer than I have to for it!

lol

That is one of the reasons I want Ash to get Latios, blue/white is often apart of his outfits and seems to be standard now.
Besides I don't see the point in him getting Latias if it isn't the movie one, Latios would be like Gengar a different Pokemon entirely

Those people act like Ash's Pokemon are going to G-Max all the time lmao
Look how often Litten used a z-move throughout SM, then look at Melmetal and Naganadel who didn't use one at all!
Besides Lucario sure as hell doesn't have a G-Max form, nor does Dragonite. And Eeveelutions kicked Eevee's ass on the popularity poll so... yeah.
It's primarily the guy whose been wrong multiple times saying this so Eevee will definitely evolve :p
It used a Z move with Kukui/ Royal Mask! Melmetal is the only one that didn’t use a Z move

Last edited:

Zoruagible

I still found that crazy, even if she was one of the inspector joys.

Still it just goes to show that not all legendaries are treated like they used to be.

Sure something like Rayquaza's not happening, but something like Kubfu or one of the new Regi's is possible.

Yeah but since they bothered to bring Korrina back, the new Regis really ought to go to Brandon and not Ash/Go
It'd be a awesome way of handling their appearance and perhaps he can even use them against Ash if they battle in the PWC?

Zoruagible

They need to give us some sort of update on Serena and some of the other girls. I want to know where Iris followed Rayquaza to and if Serena ever competed in Hoenn's contests.

I think she was probably originally supposed to be a part of the Mega Rayquaza storyline but got scrapped for time

Status
Not open for further replies.