1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Whenever they talk about Ash's team, Mimey is never brought up.
    Pretty obvious he isn't considered a member, just a reserve

esquilo09 and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  2. PsychoLogical

PsychoLogical Well-Known Member

Mimey has always been a reserve. Just never used in battle, except a few times like in Jn007 where it did solidly well despite chickening out after 1 battle.

And random topic I decided to put: The one thing I want to know when the duo heads to Alola in the future is if they’ll bring back that Zeraora from Ultra Ruin for an appearance. Zeraora has shown to be popular which can encourage a return. And side note that Ash obviously likes/is interested in it.

3. Sword master zacian

Sword master zacian Well-Known Member

Zeraora will appear again in anime cuz its present pn main poster of series and every pokemon present on main poster are somewhat getting cameos like flectchling or a full focus episode like magikarp
    Not sure it will be same zerora from ultra ruin

esquilo09 likes this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Since he continues appearing on merchandise grouped together with the other Pokemon on Satoshi's team, I'm going to assume that the writers plan on showcasing him more often in the future. If he were just going to remain a recurring Pokemon that does nothing but chores, I don't think he'd continue being such a permanent fixture on merchandise scans.

5. PsychoLogical

I would assume that as well but the issue is that whenever merch that’s supposed to be tied to the anime showcase Ash’s current lineup or at least 1 one of them, Mr Mime only appears occasionally aka inconsistently. So it’s really only safe to assume that he’s just a reserve that will mainly help out the lab until they showcase another battle with him again.

6. Zoruagible

I hope Ash gets one, it's definitely a worthy candidate for his first Electric capture. And I can see them actually doing stuff with him

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  7. PsychoLogical

I mean, it has shown that Ash really likes the thing when he first met it in when he was in the Ultra Ruin. Tho idk if that’ll manifest into anything (or even was supposed to manifest to something) even if that somewhat indicates something cause the writers usually never show Ash being very interested in a certain pokemon. This was one of the exceptions tho. And “apparently” the writers did say they want to showcase every known pokemon to ever exist hence why alot of pokemon that havent been seen for a longtime started showing up now (except the Porygon line cause you know why), and Zeraora will likely be showcased in the future as well.

8. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough we haven’t seen Zeraora’s main anime counterpart yet, as the only Zeraora we’ve seen so far is the one from movie 21 and the one from the world Dia is from and both of those are in different universes then the main anime.

9. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

Lucario vs Zeraora would be an amazing battle to see. To give some more Credence to the idea of Mr.Mine eventually being more integrated to his team, Kiawe’s Charizard was always his Pokémon, but he didn’t necessarily use it as much as Marowak and Turtonator in battle situations. But then towards the end of the series, it got its own focus episode and got a z crystal that only it could use on Kiawe’s team. So the change could happen

IkeBayern likes this.
  10. MegaSalamence05

MegaSalamence05 Well-Known Member

This is where my argument comes into play.

I love Zeraora as it's my Favourite electric type. So I am slightly biased here so apologies but Shadowforce is correct that we haven't seen the main anime counterpart yet.

I'm going to say the main on a whim.

Main anime counterpart is a Shiny Zeraora. Which you can easily place in certain areas. As the timing of Zeraora in the games a tad weird. So not just a normal Zeraora but make it easily stand out. As both a Shiny Legendary/Mythical pokemon on the main cast would be outstanding

11. Sword master zacian

Sword master zacian Well-Known Member

I wonder if we will get another shiny pokemon on main cast cuz this series has alreay shown a lot of shiny pokemon more than any of past series
    This series has already showcased shiny magikarp,gyarados,psyduck, in rotom phone:bagon,swinub,onix,slakoth

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  12. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Assuming they bring back that shiny hunter from epsidoe 14 then Go will catch a shiny at some point

Sword master zacian likes this.
  13. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

Yeah and he even used it to train with Riolu, I consider Mimey to be a reserve, just wonder if Ash will use it again in battle.

esquilo09 and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  14. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

tbh, you can say Dragonite and Gengar are reserves too, considering they don't join Ash is every episode (Sinnoh episode as the prime example).

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  15. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

I figured he only used Mimey in the Hoenn episode because he only had Pikachu at that point.

As soon as he caught something else Mimey would be back to just doing house chores.

16. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Satoshi not always showcasing all of his Pokemon doesn't imply that the ones that don't appear are reserves, though. There've been plenty of times in past sagas where he only used one or two Pokemon per episode, so I think it's a fallacy to assume that Kairyu and Gangar are reserves just because they don't always get screen-time.

Henry's Journey and esquilo09 like this.
  17. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

In the past, Ash wasn't bound to a certain location and he travelled around. Even in Alola, when he didn't use a Pokemon, it still appeared in the background, which isn't the case for Dragonite, Mimey and Gengar at times, so we can see them as reserves (Just like the Pokemon he had in Unova who were sent to Juniper were reserves, since reserves are in rotation).

18. Zoruagible

Yeah, I think Mimey just prefers doing house chores.
    Would explain why Ash never used him(aside from the obvious retcon lol). Dragonite and Gengar might not be with him all the time but it's pretty clear they're full time members, not even Riolu's there all the time

19. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

This merchandise that you are replying to is really not new. It’s the same merchandise that was hiding Gengar and Riolu with question marks before we knew that Ash was getting them. This is just a different presentation, regardless Ash brought his team to Kalos with him and Mimey was not included until he is used again he is pretty much a reserve at this point.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  20. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

Wouldn't the term "reserves" really only apply to Pokemon that aren't rotated into his current team, such as those from previous journeys? In Unova, the Pokemon were in constant rotation and were therefore not reserves at that point, however became a part of his group of reserves at the end of the journey when they no longer made up a part of his team.

Thus at this point, I wouldn't consider Dragonite, Gengar or Riolu as reserves.. especially since he hasn't even filled up a team of six for there to be any "reserve" or "left over" Pokemon at this point..