• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I've always wanted to see her win a Grand Festival since I consider her to be one of the better Coordinators in the series, so I'd like to see her appear in a Jouto episode where we'd see her win the Jouto Grand Festival.

I'd rather May to win Johto. Also, I think by the time Dawn finished her Sinnoh journey, the Johto GF might as well have finished.

I mean, May was fairly far on the run for it when she showed up.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
And some of the characters that left to Hoenn might not even be there anymore any way. I think Sernea probably finished traveling through Hoenn by now.

I think Serena could still be there since we don't know how much time has passed since she went there. I think I'd rather see Maamane appear in a future episode set in Houen, though.

esquilo09

I always thought the gen counterparts of Lucario were Zoroark and Toxtricity since they're all popular and have pre evolved forms, the only difference is that Lucario and Zoroark are canines (A jackal and a Fox.) And Toxtricity is an amphibian (a salamander.).

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'd say that none of them are Lucario's clones since they are all completely different in design and have zero links to each other, but all stand quite well as individual Pokemon.

Lucario is a jackal
Zoroark is some kind of fox (probably the closest)
Zeraora is a cat
Toxtricty is.. God knows what.. a lizard?
Urshifu is a monkey/bear crossbreed thing

Just because Pokemon are all popular, doesnt make them clones or versions of each other. The only Pokemon purposely designed like that are Pikaclones and Pokemon that they specifically design to link.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly I don't get all the clone stuff, none of those pokemon even behave the same way. Clones would be like Illumise and Volbeat, or Minun and Plusle.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
People take the use of the world “clone” way too literally. It mainly refers to the popularity and shared characteristics of the Pokémon (evolutionary stages, how you obtain them, when they debut, etc.) not literally everything about them like their inspiration. Still, I agree Zeraora isn’t one besides being called fur bait by the fan base. I can see Zorua/Zoroark (despite their relatively failed attempt as @Dragalge mentioned) and Rockruff/Lycanroc though.

Zariful

I love Toxtricity, but how do we propose Ash could get one? Potential raid battle? I doubt they’d give him two eggs in one series. Maybe he finds a Toxel and it gets inspired by Pikachu. And Pikachu is the Hawlucha to Toxel’s Noibat.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Which among the following do you think will Ash capture 1st right after Sobble (and possibly Grookey): Tyranitar or Zoroark?

Speaking of Toxricity if Ash gets one which form should he get? Amped or Low key

Definitely Amped...

I love Toxtricity, but how do we propose Ash could get one? Potential raid battle? I doubt they’d give him two eggs in one series. Maybe he finds a Toxel and it gets inspired by Pikachu. And Pikachu is the Hawlucha to Toxel’s Noibat.

Or there's a wild recurring Toxel who opted to challenge Pikachu... While battling Pikachu in their penultimate encounter as non-teammates, it evolves into Toxtricity and still lose the battle (even as a G-Max)... Toxtricity then opts to join Ash's team in order to become as powerful as Pikachu...

Master Pikachu 11

Also, zeraora is basically a mythical feline lucario, and with Ash and his riolu, I don't know if that is necessary. I kinda want to see lucario and zeraora butting heads, but if zeraora going to Go.

On the eevee topic, considering they already evolved scorbunny, and cinderace could not be that far, I wouldn't mind if Go just have a basic eevee/g-Max eevee.
We had both a cat and dog like Pokémon in the SM anime, I don’t see what the problem would be to have another cat and dog like Pokémon again.
It's always better to expect less when it comes to the pokemon anime. People are expecting too much fan service this time because there's potential. Let's not forget the makers often mislead fans with the return of pokemon in openings that don't happen. Sometimes there's no point in anything that happens in the anime - like Ash's loss to a rookie in the Unova league, his team not getting any development/captures/evolution in season 16, many of his Pokemon not being seen in the Sinnoh league though they were all brought back for it, Torterra never winning after it evolved, Ash never winning against Alain. Sure, things seem to be better for Ash in this series, but I don't see the makers going to that extent of fan service.
This would be true if the writers didn’t make Ash state that he too wants to catch a lot of Pokémon and have him compete against Go for some Pokémon. Since they are traveling the world and they are pretty much in one area for a lot of this series. It would be odd for the writers to not follow through on having Ash say that he wants to catch more Pokémon and not have him catch more Pokémon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Ash returns too often to Pallet Town and Tracey is nowhere to be seen... How can we actually expect other companions to appear?

Kenji isn't that popular, so we could argue that him not appearing in recent sagas was partially due to there not being much demand for his return. But SM proved that the writers are capable of bringing back old characters if it fits a nostalgia pandering agenda.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Which among the following do you think will Ash capture 1st right after Sobble (and possibly Grookey): Tyranitar or Zoroark?

I don't see either of those last two as plausible candidates at the moment: Sarunori has more going for it because aside from just having a lot of merchandise, it's also a Starter Pokemon, which makes its inclusion in the main cast seem inevitable. The same can't be said about Bangiras or Zoroark.

Sword master zacian

Do anyone other tgan think ash could get zacian and go zamazenta at the finale of series
It would be the last pkm of ash in this series
It would be the good way to promote swsh as well in which they are lacking because its not their prioroty

Cptnmac1

Do anyone other tgan think ash could get zacian and go zamazenta at the finale of series
It would be the good way to promote swsh as well in which they are lacking because its not their prioroty
I seriously doubt that ash is getting any legendaries this series, let alone box legendaries. Kubfu might happen but to me it looks unlikely now that ash is getting Lucario since they would both most likely be treated as fighting types. I could see ash and go teaming up with them if they decide to do the eternatus plot but that's about it. By the time it would come to that( the end of the series) they're probably not gonna be focused on promoting sw/sh and be more focused on setting up the gen 9 anime

Mew29240

Doubt it. They'll most likely fight alongside with Ash/Gou/everyone else and leave when everything is sorted out. They're also heavily associated with Galar compared to other Legendary Pokemon, so I can't see them leaving Galar, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.