• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew29240

What I want to know is if they will keep Farfetch'd evolution method consistent with the games. I don't think we've ever heard the term "critical hit" in the anime before

I remember Critical hits came up when Trip used his Tranquil (with Super Luck) against Ash and they noted the big amount of damage Oshawott took. If that Galarian Farfetch'd is going to evolve, I can see Ash/Gou noting when an attack did more damage than they expected.

ShadowForce720

It's not that, it's actually because it's too reliant on other Pokemon.

Only as a Dreepy, but it can easily be worked around and would likely get stronger when it evolves.

Plus there could be interesting episode ideas. For instance Dreepy could see Ash’s Dragonite and Ash’s Gengar as it’s parents and look up to them and then after it evolves into Drakloak it keeps putting random Pokémon on it’s head but eventually finds and takes in two abandon Dreepy and then it eventually evolves into Dragapult while trying to protect them or maybe their trying to protect Ash when Drakloak evolves.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Only as a Dreepy, but it can easily be worked around and would likely get stronger when it evolves.

Plus there could be interesting episode ideas. For instance Dreepy could see Ash’s Dragonite and Ash’s Gengar as it’s parents and look up to them and then after it evolves into Drakloak it keeps putting random Pokémon on it’s head but eventually finds and takes in two abandon Dreepy and then it eventually evolves into Dragapult while trying to protect them or maybe their trying to protect Ash when Drakloak evolves.
Actually, it moreso applies to Dragapult itself, considering that it attacks by launching other Dreepy.

Sword master zacian

Also i remember someons saying that an X pokemon having X ability here caring pokemon or is based on X doesn't mean it can't be caught by ash

Also ib every even numbered gen ash has got psuedo of that region also dreepy line and rookiedee is most popular galar pokemons why would it be wasted on go by writers

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Also i remember someons saying that an X pokemon having X ability here caring pokemon or is based on X doesn't mean it can't be caught by ash

Also ib every even numbered gen ash has got psuedo of that region also dreepy line and rookiedee is most popular galar pokemons why would it be wasted on go by writers
Hop could also use Corviknight, considering that's one of his aces.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Just because Ash can get Pokémon from all the regions doesn’t mean that he won’t have some type overlap especially if he winds catching 15+ Pokémon.

As of now we don't have any evidence that neither supports or opposes Ash catching beyond 6 member team so I think it's best not to speculate like he will.

Sidagam

Well, it's too reliant on other Pokemon to attack.

It has what, 1 move that does that? If it's that much of a problem just don't have it learn that move.

And the writers could just write several different scenarios as to why it has a couple Dreepy pals, as someone has already pointed out. It is NOT THAT HARD. It could make for some interesting storytelling

It's like saying Ash can't have a trade evo because it's too hard. No it isn't, it's actually incredibly easy

Master Pikachu 11

As of now we don't have any evidence that neither supports or opposes Ash catching beyond 6 member team so I think it's best not to speculate like he will.
I mean this is a speculation page so, I don’t see what the problem is with people wanting to speculate that he could possibly catch more Pokémon. Also if you saw pokefan that was translated, it said under Gengar, Pikachu, and Riolu, “that increase your rank through battle training and getting even more companions.” So it’s still possible

Sword master zacian

I know there is no evidense but why would they stop giving pokemon to ash when go is piling them it will kinda feel frustrated and annoying like the starting 10 episode everone just was waiting waiting and got annpyed
Also ash just can't challenge whole world with just 6 pokemon and what's the point of world tour and sakurahi park if he has to get 6 pokemon
I think writers will give more than 10+ and a full galar team maybe fully g-max members like rillaboom,inteleon,corviknight,urshifu
In every region ash had one full team and i doubt writers will deny that in galar Even though its a world tour

Sword master zacian

Hop could also use Corviknight, considering that's one of his aces.
No thanks hop has the most powerful pokemon of whole pokemon world the arceus himself disguised as dubwool

Seriously do hop wannna ever become a champion before psotgame considering his team aces are wooloo/dubwool,pincurchin
I remember hop's dubwool have growl until the 6th gym
Okay back to point hop having a corviknight doesn't mean ash can't get it goh got morpeko which is marnie's walking pokemon and if piers appears which i think will happen entually team yell and marnie will appear
Also ash shares one species line with every main rivals
He had squirtle line ,krabby with gary
He had sceptile with tyson
He had torterra with paul
He gad snivy line with trip
He had sceptile with sawyer
Charizard with alain
Squirtle line with tierno
Rowlet line and pikachu line with hau
I think corviknight line with hop will be perfect i don't think hop will have a starter what's need of starter qhen he has wooloo

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
i2i said:

I agree. It's just simpler that way since it sets perimeters on what is plausible and what is unlikely. As for the recent talk about Satoshi getting a Dorameshiya, I just don't see it being necessary since it wouldn't offer anything new to the table. I'm a huge fan of that evolutionary line, but if Satoshi ends up getting one I don't think it would stand out from his other Pokemon given that it would likely be overshadowed by both Kairyu and Gangar.

Sword master zacian

I agree. It's just simpler that way since it sets perimeters on what is plausible and what is unlikely. As for the recent talk about Satoshi getting a Dorameshiya, I just don't see it being necessary since it wouldn't offer anything new to the table. I'm a huge fan of that evolutionary line, but if Satoshi ends up getting one I don't think it would stand out from his other Pokemon given that it would likely be overshadowed by both Kairyu and Gangar.
Yeah probably will but giving it to goh will probably destroy it atleast ash getting would giving him battles and focus

Also there is no way to introduce dreepy since didn't haave a g-max form+its pokedex entry is kind of like it needs friends of couse a trainer that make it powerful and i feel we will probably have no fillers in galar because of it getting less ep and have to show lot content i believe all galar pokemon we will see and get focus on that will either be trainers vattling ash or wild that go and ash will catch except for g-max one they can plots to wpiaodes

Last edited:

nickdt

It battled less, but had a higher win %/rate. That coupled with the fact that evolved twice AND learn't new moves, I'd say it easily came off better after that Saga.

I hope Farfetch'd is going to Go. Don't really want it on Ash's team

imo, win/loss rate says nothing if it isn't a Direct 1v1 (Just give me the Sawk vs Krookodile example: Krookodile gets the W, while Leavanny gets the L, only because Krookodile delivers the finisher, however, since Leavanny did the lions share of the work and it was stated that Krookodile would have lost if it wasn't for Leavanny weakening Sawk, Leavanny should have gotten the W there as well).

Ash-Greninja4life

Well, it's too reliant on other Pokemon to attack.
I mean I’m sure it more than one move even if it is only Astonish and Infestation (and bite is ringing a bell as well) but there is literally no problem on it being reliant on other Pokemon. Reminds me of another Dragon who needed to overcome their fears to help and evolve in the process *cough* Goomy *cough*

If ash were to catch Dreepy, I just imagine something similar happening again, and Goodra could even help it to grow some confidence as well, bring it back for one ep, be nice to see it

Sword master zacian

I jusy want these 6 pokemon from galar to go to ash
Sobble line
Grookey line
Kubfu line
Rookiedee lIne
Dreepy line
Snom line

And who knows ash might get on a catching spree on galar considering he got on a catching catching in kanto after dragonite

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash-Greninja4life said:
I mean I’m sure it more than one move even if it is only Astonish and Infestation (and bite is ringing a bell as well) but there is literally no problem on it being reliant on other Pokemon. Reminds me of another Dragon who needed to overcome their fears to help and evolve in the process *cough* Goomy *cough*

If ash were to catch Dreepy, I just imagine something similar happening again, and Goodra could even help it to grow some confidence as well, bring it back for one ep, be nice to see it

I've personally never been a fan of these mentor situations where people suggest that Satoshi's older Pokemon should return just to teach one of his newer Pokemon something. In this case if Numelgon would return to help Dorameshiya, I think I'd rather just see Numelgon return to Satoshi's team permanently in place of Dorameshiya to begin with.

JoaquinLorie

I'm amazed at how everyone is so sure Ash isn't catching Galarian Farfetch'd.
Ash is the battler, so i think it will be his, specially since they are probably going to give Ash more Galar pokemon than Go.
Go will probably catch Morpeko and a lot of Kalos pokemon.
Ash will probably catch Sobble and Galarian Farfetch'd. It doesnt matter if he already has Riolu.

Status
Not open for further replies.