• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword master zacian

I've personally never been a fan of these mentor situations where people suggest that Satoshi's older Pokemon should return just to teach one of his newer Pokemon something. In this case if Numelgon would return to help Dorameshiya, I think I'd rather just see Numelgon return to Satoshi's team permanently in place of Dorameshiya to begin with.
It would be boring if goodra returns it probably won't have any development episode just aside from return one and of he gets dreepy it would atleast have development epside of evolving and catching
And i don't think goodra will be returning anytime soon because what's need of it to train dreepy whem ash already has a freaking Hugging dragonite it can teach dreepy whatever it want
I too am not fan of mentoring but some of them are kind of good like hawlucha and noibat but if its to mentor i want ash's lucario to be mentor any pokemon(kubfu if he gets one like kubfu is a pokemon always wants training+battling and riolu also personality wise is same thing)

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I remember Critical hits came up when Trip used his Tranquil (with Super Luck) against Ash and they noted the big amount of damage Oshawott took. If that Galarian Farfetch'd is going to evolve, I can see Ash/Gou noting when an attack did more damage than they expected.
Ok, thank you. I could see Go trying to get a critical hit Everytime Farfetch'd uses a move

nickdt

I'm amazed at how everyone is so sure Ash isn't catching Galarian Farfetch'd.
Ash is the battler, so i think it will be his, specially since they are probably going to give Ash more Galar pokemon than Go.
Go will probably catch Morpeko and a lot of Kalos pokemon.
Ash will probably catch Sobble and Galarian Farfetch'd. It doesnt matter if he already has Riolu.

If the Upcoming Episodes Preview is something to Go by:
1. Ash talked during the Sobble segment
2. Go talked during the Morpeko and Galarfetch'd segments
3. Go said in Episode 1 that Farfetch'd doesn't evolve, kinda foreshadowing he gets Galarfetch'd, especially since Oak had a weird face: What are you talking about?

Cptnmac1

As of now we don't have any evidence that neither supports or opposes Ash catching beyond 6 member team so I think it's best not to speculate like he will.
There are actually a few hints that he may be getting more than 6.
1.it's all but confirmed he's getting sobble which gives him a team of 6(If we're counting Mr mime since we haven't gotten a definitive response if he's a member of ashs team or not)
2. It hinted in the ending that ash might also get grookey( I know the ending is just a word game but the fact that they had grookey next to 2 of ashs Pokemon and went out of their way to make it dusk lycanroc proves to me that it might be a hint of things to come)
3. There has been an upsurge of tyranitar merch recently which has lead some to believe it will also join ashs team( this is the most flimsy as we can t be sure if tyranitar will play any important role, let alone a capture)
4. Ash directly states in a previous episode that he wants to catch a lot of Pokemon and there isn't any reason to throw that line in there if he was only getting 4 captures(since he started with pikachu and Mr mime)
5. As we saw in the riolu episode, ash doesn't have his Pokemon with him at all times as dragonite was left behind at the institute when ash went to look for eggs making it extremely easy for them to give ash more than 6.
6. Since sobble would give ash his team of 6, I seriously doubt there gonna go this whole series giving ash only one Pokemon from galar. Regardless of the all regions theme of this series, the galar Pokemon are the most marketable right now and will probably get the bigger spotlight
I agree. It's just simpler that way since it sets perimeters on what is plausible and what is unlikely. As for the recent talk about Satoshi getting a Dorameshiya, I just don't see it being necessary since it wouldn't offer anything new to the table. I'm a huge fan of that evolutionary line, but if Satoshi ends up getting one I don't think it would stand out from his other Pokemon given that it would likely be overshadowed by both Kairyu and Gangar.
While I agree that it's unlikely that ash would give a dragapult since it offers nothing new, I don't think that it would be overshadowed. Even though this series takes place in all regions, I think that any Pokemon ash get a from galar would probably get more spotlight since they'd more marketable right now being from the current gen

Sword master zacian

There is lot evidence ash will get more than 6 pokemon
Like ash saying he wants a lot of pokemon
Lots of tyranitar and eevee merchs suggesting ash could get them while ash can get 6 pokemon already having counting mr.mime,dragonite,gengar,riolu,sobble and probably grookey as well
Plus ash also have that vibe like go wanting to catch pokemon whatever he sees like in ep 14 woobat and yamask

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Think it makes more sense this generation for him to have more than six pokemon, if he rotates then, how many people rotated their Pokemon in Sword and Shield because of the Pokemon Box, makes sense for Ash to do it too, could even access old team members because of it.

Gabimaru

Alright my prediction for Ash in the Anime is I dont think he is going to be challenging all the gyms with this whole ranking system i can maybe see him facing Nessa, Allister and Raihan. For his team I can see him with Pikachu, Dragonite, Lucario, Gengar, Tyranitar and Rillaboom

Sword master zacian

Alright my prediction for Ash in the Anime is I dont think he is going to be challenging all the gyms with this whole ranking system i can maybe see him facing Nessa, Allister and Raihan. For his team I can see him with Pikachu, Dragonite, Lucario, Gengar, Tyranitar and Rillaboom
Nope i don't think it going because they would definately want to show maximum of the gigatamax form as they can and the best way of doing that is either giving ash all pokemon which i don't think so would happen others bringing gym leaders i am sure that they would prefer gym leaders of galar over coTds and also probably ash has to do g-max training With pikachu maybe sobble and grookey,and also others so every thing points towards gym leadrrs appearing the only one contradicting here is piersbut he is the most unique gym leader being first dark type so he has to appear

Gabimaru

Nope i don't think it going because they would definately want to show maximum of the gigatamax form as they can and the best way of doing that is either giving ash all pokemon which i don't think so would happen others bringing gym leaders i am sure that they would prefer gym leaders of galar over coTds and also probably ash has to do g-max training With pikachu maybe sobble and grookey,and also others so every thing points towards gym leadrrs appearing the only one contradicting here is piersbut he is the most unique gym leader being first dark type so he has to appear
The reason i say I dont think he wont face all the gym leaders is because he isnt gonna be in galar the whole time and especially with former gym leaders returning such as korrina, i cant see him facing her and Bea for example. But maybe he will face a specific trainer of each type which could lead to him facing more galar trainers.

BabaVanga

Just because Ash can get Pokémon from all the regions doesn’t mean that he won’t have some type overlap especially if he winds catching 15+ Pokémon.
IIRC Palpitoad was the only Pokémon after OS that shared its primary type with other Pokémon, and that gives me hope they won't give Ash Pokémon that share primary type this series unless he'll get more than 18 so probably no Galarian Farfetch'd or Kubfu for him.

Sword master zacian

The reason i say I dont think he wont face all the gym leaders is because he isnt gonna be in galar the whole time and especially with former gym leaders returning such as korrina, i cant see him facing her and Bea for example. But maybe he will face a specific trainer of each type which could lead to him facing more galar trainers.
I think thw galar gym leader plot will go like this
Ash and go are said to investigate certain location in galar(of course writers would want to show all locations of galar since they are doing same with other regions) and ash and go goes there to investigate (galar epsiode would probably be almost everytime two or more episode mini arc) they complete their investigation and finding ash thinks for a pwc battle or gym leaders looks for one and ash battles whatever the gum leader is
I can even give a example
Ballonlea one : ash and go are tasked to research glimwood tangle in galar region so they goes there and reasearches it then ash finds a pwc trainer around him somewhere which it turns out to be in ballolea and ash goes to challenge the gym leader opal and here battle ash wins at last and over they come back to vermilion this will allow writers to do many things like introduce galar locations
,introduce new pokemon,introduce the gym stadiums,showcase new gigantamax and most imortant one to me atleast ash get more Galar pokemon

Sword master zacian

IIRC Palpitoad was the only Pokémon after OS that shared its primary type with other Pokémon, and that gives me hope they won't give Ash Pokémon that share primary type this series unless he'll get more than 18 so probably no Galarian Farfetch'd or Kubfu for him.
I think kubfu still can be possibility just writers want to promote isle of armor also kubfu will evolve and gain secondary typing

Gabimaru

I think thw galar gym leader plot will go like this
Ash and go are said to investigate certain location in galar(of course writers would want to show all locations of galar since they are doing same with other regions) and ash and go goes there to investigate (galar epsiode would probably be almost everytime two or more episode mini arc) they complete their investigation and finding ash thinks for a pwc battle or gym leaders looks for one and ash battles whatever the gum leader is
I can even give a example
Ballonlea one : ash and go are tasked to research glimwood tangle in galar region so they goes there and reasearches it then ash finds a pwc trainer around him somewhere which it turns out to be in ballolea and ash goes to challenge the gym leader opal and here battle ash wins at last and over they come back to vermilion this will allow writers to do many things like introduce galar locations
,introduce new pokemon,introduce the gym stadiums,showcase new gigantamax and most imortant one to me atleast ash get more Galar pokemon
Yea good point but we do have to keep in mind Ash isnt going for badges he is going for ranking thats mainly why i cant see him facing all the galar leaders. And i know this is gonna sound incredibly far fetched aswell (but would make me incredibly impressed if they do) but I think if they were to introduce Marnie, Bede and Hop (i can only see Hop coming in depending if Ash only gets one of the remaining galar starters) all with their different goals I could see them facing the Galar leaders that Ash doesnt. Hop I can see him facing Milo because they may make him a brand new trainer so facing Milo would be a good intro for him, and Kabu would be sort of like a Ash v Volkner situation trying to motivate him and testing out against fire types coz of Charizard. Marnie I can see her facing piers if ash doesnt. Then Bede I can see him facing Opal.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I FORGOT LEVANNY!
images
Which is a little sad since Leavanny was actually one of Ash’s best Unova pokémon (behind Krookodile & either ahead of or tied with Pignite)

Sword master zacian

Yea good point but we do have to keep in mind Ash isnt going for badges he is going for ranking thats mainly why i cant see him facing all the galar leaders. And i know this is gonna sound incredibly far fetched aswell (but would make me incredibly impressed if they do) but I think if they were to introduce Marnie, Bede and Hop (i can only see Hop coming in depending if Ash only gets one of the remaining galar starters) all with their different goals I could see them facing the Galar leaders that Ash doesnt. Hop I can see him facing Milo because they may make him a brand new trainer so facing Milo would be a good intro for him, and Kabu would be sort of like a Ash v Volkner situation trying to motivate him and testing out against fire types coz of Charizard. Marnie I can see her facing piers if ash doesnt. Then Bede I can see him facing Opal.
Who said ash is gonna go for gym badge he is just to battle there i never said ash is gonna get gym badge
Maybe if the gym leaders want they can give Their gym badge to ash as a souvenior like ryuki
And i don't thonk even hop,bede,marnie is going for gym challenge.
Hop its dream is to defeat leon in games leon is only galar chamion but in anime he is world champion so eventually i think hop will take pwc as well also who knows maybe hop is already on a jouney and has strong pokemon
If hop has take some i think he will take version exclusove gyms one

Gabimaru

Who said ash is gonna go for gym badge he is just to battle there i never said ash is gonna get gym badge
Maybe if the gym leaders want they can give Their gym badge to ash as a souvenior like ryuki
And i don't thonk even hop,bede,marnie is going for gym challenge.
Hop its dream is to defeat leon in games leon is only galar chamion but in anime he is world champion so eventually i think hop will take pwc as well also who knows maybe hop is already on a jouney and has strong pokemon
If hop has take some i think he will take version exclusove gyms one
Hence why I put in the brakets if they did include them. But I just do think with this anime With the amount of travelling between regions ash not just only catching galar pokemon and with returning characters I will just find it so difficult for the writers to just let ash go up against all the galar Gym leaders, thr most I see him facing is either 4 or 5, but you never know Pokemon may pull a fat sike and even let goh get some battle expiernce so he may fight them, all we can do is just wait and see. Also Id love to hear your opinion on who you think the other 5 trainers are for the master ball tier

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Raboot is... Smiling. That explains Goh's happy face.

And lol to Ash's pose haha

Seems like we'll be getting an interview with Rika and Daiki as well as the staff. Hope that one brings a lot of interesting info.

Sword master zacian

Hence why I put in the brakets if they did include them. But I just do think with this anime With the amount of travelling between regions ash not just only catching galar pokemon and with returning characters I will just find it so difficult for the writers to just let ash go up against all the galar Gym leaders, thr most I see him facing is either 4 or 5, but you never know Pokemon may pull a fat sike and even let goh get some battle expiernce so he may fight them, all we can do is just wait and see. Also Id love to hear your opinion on who you think the other 5 trainers are for the master ball tier
I think the 5 would be steven,cynthia
,lusamine(her character design matches with one of silohoutte),diantha and gen9 champion

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
About Mime, I'd say he being confirmed to be Ash's pokémon is as much as they wanting to take opportunity of the character popularity on Detective Pikachu and also they wanting to give confirmation (after all, there were Pokenchi and their antecessors suggesting it's been Ash's).

As for he taking a slot on Ash's party, I recall Dephender mentioning magazines are inconsistent about it (some consider it, some don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.