• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Perhaps the 8 are Leon, Lance, Raihan, Steven, Alder, Diantha, Cynthia, and Wallace. That’d be every champion plus Raihan (I’m not counting Iris or Gary because they aren’t champions in the anime).
One of them would have to lose their spot so Ash can take it.

D

Deleted member 384931

The top 8:
Leon
Lance
Raihan==>replaced by Ash
Steven
Paul==> fits more than Cynthia, the Champion isnt obligated to enter
Marshall E4 instead of Alder==>fits more
Diantha (Alain in Ultra tier)
Kukui (Gladeon in Ultra tier)

nickdt

I don't think Diantha will be interested, especially since she might not find the time due to her job as an actress, so i would put Wulfric in her place instead (Alain doesn't use Mega Evolution anymore and the rest of his team is weaker than Ash's Kalos team has been).

D

Deleted member 384931

I don't think Diantha will be interested, especially since she might not find the time due to her job as an actress, so i would put Wulfric in her place instead (Alain doesn't use Mega Evolution anymore and the rest of his team is weaker than Ash's Kalos team has been).
I wish they made it 4 males 4 females

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The top 8:
Leon
Lance
Raihan==>replaced by Ash
Steven
Paul==> fits more than Cynthia, the Champion isnt obligated to enter
Marshall E4 instead of Alder==>fits more
Diantha (Alain in Ultra tier)
Kukui (Gladeon in Ultra tier)
I doubt Paul's coming back.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think they'll repeat parts of the Pokemon World Championship subplot by simply introducing more trainers, some of whom might be stronger than Satoshi. In any other series the leveling curve would make that tough, but the writers have shown in the past that they're capable of simply lowering Satoshi's battle skills to make other trainers seem stronger by comparison.
It would just be introducing another formula, and I don't think that they would want to go back to being formulaic because of XY's failure.

Red and Blue

My ideal matches in the top 8 tournament is.

Quarter finals: Ash vs. Bede
Semi finals: Ash vs. Lance
Final match Ash vs. Leon

Not sure who the other four trainers will be but their matches could be gloss overed.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
My ideal matches in the top 8 tournament is.

Quarter finals: Ash vs. Bede
Semi finals: Ash vs. Lance
Final match Ash vs. Leon

Not sure who the other four trainers will be but their matches could be gloss overed.
I think that if Ash faces Leon in the finals then this will be his last saga and the Gen 9 anime will feature a brand new protagonist.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Maybe they can just make ash and leon battle end in a draw and ash decides to continue his juorney To become more stronger
He would basically have no drive to go to the Gen 9 region. The only way to give him that drive is to have him beat Leon in the semi-finals, only to lose to the Gen 9 champion in the finals. That would just lead to the Gen 9 saga being a carbon copy of this one, only with Leon replaced with Gen 9's champion.

Sword master zacian

He would basically have no drive to go to the Gen 9 region. The only way to give him that drive is to have him beat Leon in the semi-finals, only to lose to the Gen 9 champion in the finals. That would just lead to the Gen 9 saga being a carbon copy of this one, only with Leon replaced with Gen 9's champion.
Maybe if the next battle gimmecks will be like z-moves i mean defeat gym leader/kahuna get access to gimmeck
And if ash likes them and wants to use them

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Does anyone remember when these got leaked back in 2016? Before the SM anime even came out?

Supposedly this was also the same leak that also spoiled the fact that Ash would get an Incineroar.

I wonder if they have any like this but for the Galar Starters? Then maybe we'll have a good idea of what Ash will end up with?
1465320921918.jpg

As explained last page, it is game art. As in, it's from Game Freak

It actually came in one of the books they released during Gen VII. I don't remember the book's name but it came in a box set with the pokédex and region book things we get every gen

Status
Not open for further replies.