• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i had a theory about the gyms, considering Galar treats battles on a higher standard (and the fact you need to be sponsored to even compete) what if the gyms are split up amongst the regions like the battle frontier was? In order to even learn where they are you have to have authorization just like the Battle Frontier as well.

Also I do believe it was stated that dynamax and gigantamaxing can happen outside Galar's borders in the anime.

If their giving all of the regions focus, then I really think this is a good time for Ash to not only get new pokemon, but use his reserves who can still grow/evolve/need redemption.

World Turtle

We need to really stop talking about how its "common sense" or "unlikely" or come up with fake rules to dishearten speculation. The more we come to accept that anything is possible, the better. Because do we have any idea where this anime is going to go other than the few details we've been given? No. Also do you really expect them to not spend a decent amount of time in the new region. We gotta learn about all those new critters somehow. Also depending on how the missions go, Ash can easily spend time in the 8 towns where the gyms are in Galar. There's no way the Galar region isn't gonna get a lot of focus considering its the new one. Plus do we really think they're gonna pass up the opportunity to have Ash use Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing? I could see Ash still doing gyms.

Well the number 8 does mean "all possibilities" and we're doing all the regions. Also if that theory about them having a teleportation machine is right because I've seen enough sci-fi to say this honestly looks like one.

sqPQEdJ.png

Getting around will be a lot quicker then before. He can just port to each gym's location. Or areas like mountains or forests to catch Pokemon.

Regardless I believe Ash will still do the Galar League in some form. He's the Battler to Gou's Catcher after all.

And while in the other regions Ash rotates in his pokemon of those regions giving them some time in the limelight again. Maybe he can do the Gen IV Battle Frontier during the "3 months till the Champion Cup begins" after he gets all eight badges. Maybe even redo the World Tournament or even the Indigo League? Anything is possible now right?

There is just the question of if they do have a teleportation device are we just going to be jumping all over the place? Or are we getting something like where each region gets its own story arc one in-between visits to Galar?

With Kanto being the hub location this would let them bring in Team Rocket as the main villain team again because Team Yell are either just pawns/patsies for someone or just overzealous fans instead of true villains. The show needs proper villains to truly challenge the heroes. Also villains who can be in every region. Team Yell can't really do that.

And Team Rocket could perhaps be used as foils or shadow archetypes to Go and his goal of catching them all and especially Mew. Team Rocket after all did make a super clone of Mew. They also want to catch all the rare and powerful pokemon (even if its just to exploit them for profit or world domination). They want to "Catch'em All" for all the wrong reasons.

TomRC121991

I wounder Ash will catch a Bagon like the one that Sawyer used it.

In Azalea Town episode, they went to see Kurt to have a GS Ball have finally opened and revelled will be is Celebi or a Lugia

There's a limit as to how feminine any of Ash's Pokemon can be because of his heavy appeal to young boys.

Sadly, it's probably the biggest reason why Ash has never caught a Fairy type yet. A lot of them are often feminine, which are generally not suitable for someone like Ash.

dman_dustin

I don't know considering that it is unlikely that Ash will even take on the Galar League.

I doubt that given Ash's Character. By virtue of what we've seen from Ash's character, being a Pokemon master requires battling.

Ash doing things that equates to battling very little, for an entire series makes no sense. Nor do I think it makes sense to just have the series filled with random battle tournaments (that would be cool but it would have to be more than that).

Ash has to do something that has an over arching goal. Like doing the 8th generations gyms and league.

I don't really want a series where Ash's battles equate to random filler stuff.

Sadly, it's probably the biggest reason why Ash has never caught a Fairy type yet. A lot of them are often feminine, which are generally not suitable for someone like Ash.

Florges would've worked.

Ash seemed suitable with that one blue color Florges from the wetlands. And it seemed like a good pairing. I don't think Florges is too feminine either. Especially since AZ had a Floette and Trevor actually had Florges as well.

TomRC121991

When he's going to Kalos, he's going to see Greninja and he will catch a Honedge in a Dusk, Ultra, Luxury, Premier, Repeat or Great Ball.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
This is entirely just an opinion and speculation, he’s tried to catch feminine/pink/girly Pokemon many times like when he wanted to get a Lucky/Chansey during OS or wanted cute/feminine Chikorita because he liked Nanako/Casey’s. Where did meme come from?

Soniman

Break the Limit
Though I'm grateful the writers got their heads out their butts for one gen and actually let Ash participle in the main gen gimmick with the Z Moves. I sadly don't see that happening with Gigantimax at all. It's seems gimmicks that rely on older Pokemon form changing they don't want to involve Ash with. Though with plenty of Gen 8 mons having them also that might change

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I’m sure they are just going to have Go catch one and showcase it, since he is trying to catch Pokémon

And I really hope that doesn't happen... Eevees are doing less and less on the main cast, just existing for marketing purposes basically.
Eevee should go to Ash if anyone, cause it'd get to do stuff.... and even if there are no new Eeveelutions, nothing says Ash can't bring back his Eevee to showcase a later Eeveelution

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Though I'm grateful the writers got their heads out their butts for one gen and actually let Ash participle in the main gen gimmick with the Z Moves. I sadly don't see that happening with Gigantimax at all. It's seems gimmicks that rely on older Pokemon form changing they don't want to involve Ash with. Though with plenty of Gen 8 mons having them also that might change

that was one of the problems with mega evolution, not only that but unlike Z-moves and Dynamaxing, only a handful of pokemon had access to the ability, with only one current gen pokemon capable of doing it (Diancie), where as with these two it seems like every pokemon is able to pull them off.

Giagantamaxing on the other hand seems more akin to mega-evolution where only certain pokemon can do it, only this time we're not seeing exclusion from un-evolved pokemon, and as you said we've seen clearly that some of the new pokemon are already capable of doing it.

If Pikachu is capable of doing it, then it probably will at some point, that's the difference maker.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pikachu having it is a bit worryingly honestly, but mostly because of how long it'll be until Ash likely has another Gigantimax form Pokemon. Assuming the Galar starters do get one, and don't wind up cheated in favor of the overrated Kanto starters like the poor Kalos starters did

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Pikachu having it is a bit worryingly honestly, but mostly because of how long it'll be until Ash likely has another Gigantimax form Pokemon. Assuming the Galar starters do get one, and don't wind up cheated in favor of the overrated Kanto starters like the poor Kalos starters did

the thing is, even though it's been stated Dynamax/Giaganatmaxing can be used outside of Galar in the anime, I seriously doubt they'll abuse it.

I'm still annoyed Ash wasn't allowed to get a mega, I get that Greninja was popular but highjacking it wasn't the best recourse option imo.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I guess it would've been very weird if Greninja was there as a akward secondary ace and Mega Charizard Z or whatever hogged all the development. I guess it was the best compromise they could come up with

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I guess it would've been very weird if Greninja was there as a akward secondary ace and Mega Charizard Z or whatever hogged all the development. I guess it was the best compromise they could come up with

if they had made Greninja's change an actual mega form and not some "oh look it's a legendary once in a generation thing" with details that were still never explained in full, I wouldn't have been so negative to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.