• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptnmac1

It would largely be seen as regression. It would be easier for them to have a new protagonist do those things because they're new.
So? When has the anime ever cared about regression? From pickachu beating a regice, then tying with an elekid. Pikachu tying with a latios and then losing to a starter snivy, the writers have shown they don't care about regression. They'll move the pieces around as they see fit. Ash has been around too long(20+ years), they've had multiple opportunities to start with a new protagonist and have passed them by. They're not going to just toss ash aside now

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
off topic comment but am I the only one here feeling like time’s been flying way too damn fast ever since bullcrap has been shutting down and with the anime also going on hiatus? It’s been around 2 weeks since the anime went on hiatus, but it feels more like 2-3 days. All of this will be a good way to catch up on whatever if you’re not still working ofc for whatever reason. At this rate, it’ll be June in no time which is also when Im assuming the anime could return and we can go back to proper pkmn speculations.

PsychoLogical

So? When has the anime ever cared about regression? From pickachu beating a regice, then tying with an elekid. Pikachu tying with a latios and then losing to a starter snivy, the writers have shown they don't care about regression. They'll move the pieces around as they see fit. Ash has been around too long(20+ years), they've had multiple opportunities to start with a new protagonist and have passed them by. They're not going to just toss ash aside now
this basically. Ash will likely be staying with us until the pokemon franchise meets its final end which wont be anytime soon.

PsychoLogical

Uh, were these a set???

If Ash is getting Alcremie I doubt it's happening on the third Galar trip. It wasn't listed with Sobble and Farfetchd. Possibly next time
what would even be the point of Ash owning Alcremie. I really see no benefits really.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Mawhip and Satoshi finger puppets are indeed part of a larger set that included figurines of many Pokemon, most of them being Gen VIII species if I remember right. That Gekkouga toy is obviously not part of the same set and I'm not sure what that image from XY is supposed to imply.

Sword master zacian

what would even be the point of Ash owning Alcremie. I really see no benefits really.
The benefit here would be ash having another fairy type aside from mimey
First fully female pokemon
A new pokemon that can g-max
Also its a food pokemon and ash loves food
Whenever there is no food ash will g-max its alcremie into a cake and then.........

Zariful

If Ash actually did catch Alcreamie. I’ll point something out from Gen 7. Guzma’s Golisopod stopped using First Impression and Kiawe’s Turtonator stopped using Shell Trap after they were shown having learned Throat Chop and Focus Blast. Even when Turtonator shared a move with one of its teammates, it still kept Flamethrower. And our old friend lost Volt Tackle. So Ash’s potential Alcreamie May not use decorate. Hell it could take liberties on hows it used as well like the anime tends to do. A lot of the time they make status effecting moves do damage like thunder wave and willow wisp. Or how feather dance became rowlet escaping attacks instead of reducing their power. Then there’s leaf storm which has never been noted to reduce the power of a pokemon using the attack, despite a move like overheat that does the same demonstrating it. Oh yeah and how Dragon Tail doesn’t swap Pokémon. So Decorate could be reworked to work on itself or it could beneficial in a battle against Raihan where it might be double battles and boosting a partner could be helpful. Also no Alcreamie is not too feminine for Ash, so don’t open that can of worms again cause you’re wrong and it’s pointless to reiterate the same stereotypical points.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sword master zacian said:
The cream is loved by everyone people of japan and the other countries
In pokemon world too people would like this cream
The benefit here would be ash having another fairy type aside from mimey
Also its a food pokemon and ash loves food

I'm assuming that that last statement is meant in jest since Satoshi liking food is sort of moot with regards to him catching food-based Pokemon like Mawhip, otherwise he would've caught things such as Peroppafu, Cherinbo, Baivanilla, or another food themed Pokemon in the past.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Uh, were these a set???

If Ash is getting Alcremie I doubt it's happening on the third Galar trip. It wasn't listed with Sobble and Farfetchd. Possibly next time

The toys have nothing to do with each other or rather, in April we got a candy toy set with Satoshi Go, Rioulo, Morpeko, Tyranitar, Alcremie and a few more Pokemon, Alcreamie and Satoshi come from that, the Greninja is from a different set not even anime related.

Status
Not open for further replies.