• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Nightmare_420

Just a dude who enjoys pokemon

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Poipoles are genderless in the games.

Sure the anime has ignored such details in the past - see Piplup and Oshawott crushing on Meloetta - yet it's something to consider.
That’s gender unknown not gender less. That was just an early series installment game mechanic to keep legendaries from being bred, Melmetal and Agoyon are clearly male from their UG amulets while Shaymin is female due to her bow. I don’t think Diance “Princess of the Diamond Domain” who referred to herself by female-specific pronouns and whose lore included her being female was male.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If Ash does use Gigantimax, hopefully it's with Corviknight, seriously he is so badass and Ash needs to get him.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Let's see... if Ash rotates in the Johto starters who should evolve? Bayleef and Quilava have one stage left to go and Totodile has two stages. I would like it if they all reached their middle stage., but I'd also like to see Totodile evolve all the way to Feraligatr.

Corphish, Buizel, and Gible. First two could go either way I suppose and I know Gible evolving all the way to Garchomp would make a lot of people happy.

It'd be nice to see Oshawott at least make it too Dewott, Emboar could become Incineroar's wrestling tag team partner, and Snivy I feel should either stay as is or go all the way. Scraggy should evolve to Scrafty and show his Daddy he's a big boy now. Becoming Seismitoad could give Palpitoad some development. And maybe the new animation style will let them bring Gigalith in? That was why it didn't happen right? They said Gigalith was difficult to animate for some reason.

Rowlet needs to lose the everstone somehow before evolution can even be possible.

Personally I would like all of Ash's Pokemon barring Pikachu to evolve all the way for the sole reason I find the idea of when some people meet Ash (and have no clue who he is) they dismiss Pikachu as his weakest when compared to all his fully evolved mons who are with them. Then they get the shock of their lives when this puny rat destroys their Metagross and Hydreigon in a fight and that everything from the fire breathing lizard to the space dragon consider him their boss.

I would find their reactions to be hilarious.

They best evolve Boldore, if they pulled that card for Misty then they can pull it off for Ash without trading! 'Hard to animate' was always a silly excuse, it barely even appeared at all! And now, it resides at Oak's primarily so.... just let it happen. Gigalith looks a lot better than Boldore too!

Though I still primarily want Gible -> Gabite -> Garchomp, and Oshawott -> Dewott to happen.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Only Quilava and Bayleef. Totodile is best as a Totodile. Plus, I like it the most out of its whole line.
I do respect your preference, but totodile was lame as a totodile and as a gagmon, IMHO. You can count in one hand how much non TRio battles it had (a little better than noctowl, and that's not much) and I think its last worth battle was...beat a sneasel at the Johto league? All the other gagmons had a better record, specially corphish. If they don't evolve bayleef or quilava (and bayleef kinda deserves if only for the time it remained as bayleef), there's no harm about have totodile at least become croconaw.

But, that's speculation. I do hope Ash's old mons will be in use next saga, but I'll remain skeptical until it actually happens.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That’s gender unknown not gender less. That was just an early series installment game mechanic to keep legendaries from being bred, Melmetal and Agoyon are clearly male from their UG amulets while Shaymin is female due to her bow. I don’t think Diance “Princess of the Diamond Domain” who referred to herself by female-specific pronouns and whose lore included her being female was male.

Yep... and there was a literal baby Lugia and her mama in the past.
I don't see why Poipole's gender matters though, I figured one would just assume all of Ash's Pokemon are male unless told otherwise.

DSDark

Breeder
Ash needs to bring Incineroar along for the trip. Having Torracat evolve and then get knocked out right after wards is such an awful tease

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I do respect your preference, but totodile was lame as a totodile and as a gagmon, IMHO. You can count in one hand how much non TRio battles it had (a little better than noctowl, and that's not much) and I think its last worth battle was...beat a sneasel at the Johto league? All the other gagmons had a better record, specially corphish. If they don't evolve bayleef or quilava (and bayleef kinda deserves if only for the time it remained as bayleef), there's no harm about have totodile at least become croconaw.

But, that's speculation. I do hope Ash's old mons will be in use next saga, but I'll remain skeptical until it actually happens.
I just dislike the designs of Croconaw and Feraligatr. Totodile is cute. It can come back and not evolve but just be stronger.

TomRC121991

I hope Ash will catch a Skourpi and then late it will evolved into a Drapion like Hunter J and Paul has.
With the Move: Cross Poison, Fell Stinger, Pin Missile, Venoshock.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
A Feraligatr with Totodile's personality and joyfulness would be awesome though.

I actually like it when a pokemon keeps it's personality after evolving.

I remember there was an episode (I think it was the one where Grovyle evolved) where Donphan noticed some young rhyhorn's playing and tried to play with them, sure it unintentionally scared them, but I thought it was a nice moment as it showed Donphan still had Phanpy's playful side.

Naganadel also still shows that it's got poipole vibes from how it behaves with the spinning.

Red and Blue

Not going to happen, maybe it can even outlast the Galar games since the new anime isn't tied to a specific region
Especially since Ash and Gou's base is in Kanto instead of Galar.
A filler saga here would make no sense. OI and BF were created just to kill time before GS and DP came out. SS comes out next month.

This is going to be the main series for the next couple of years.
Yeah if this was a filler arc they wouldn't have bothered including Galar in the region lineup, nor give Gou and Koharu Gen 8 Pokemon

Revolver Furious Dragon

If Totodile return's I just want it to know some kind of dancing move

SatoSereFan224888

I don't think Koharu will travel with the boys. From what I've seen sounds like she will be helping her dad run his institute or take classes. But to be honest, I'm sick of Ash being forced into school settings. I think someone is punishing him for no god damn reason.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I don't think Koharu will travel with the boys. From what I've seen sounds like she will be helping her dad run his institute or take classes. But to be honest, I'm sick of Ash being forced into school settings. I think someone is punishing him for no god damn reason.
How you know that it is school ?

Status
Not open for further replies.