• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's kind of funny but also seems like whoever made it is trying to stir things by creating discord between Serena x Ash supporters and Ash x Goh supporters. :(

I doubt that was their intent. It seems more like harmless fun considering this meme is really popular nowadays. Plus it's not like Ash x Goh would ever be a thing anyways, I doubt they would allow LGBTQ+ in the anime considering they are so strict when it comes to romance in general

ShadowForce720

Why would that matter? Ash already has a dragonite which iris also has and it hasn't made any difference. Brock isn't a main part of the show any more and even if he was, steelix isn't really is most notable Pokemon. It was only showcased in SM because it's the only one of brocks Pokemon that's capable of mega evolution, before that it hadn't even shown up in years

You know thinking about it depending on how they set it up, if they do plan on having Go trade his Scyther to Ash Onix could make a good Pokémon for Ash to trade to Goh for Scyther.

As both Onix and Scyther are Dual type Kanto Pokémon that gain an evolution in gen 2 and a Mega Evolution for their evolution in gen 6. They also evolve by being traded with the Metal Coat and replace one of their typings with Steel.

So basically if the trade happened then it would result in Ash getting a Scizor while Goh gets a Steelix.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You know thinking about it depending on how they set it up, if they do plan on having Go trade his Scyther to Ash Onix could make a good Pokémon for Ash to trade to Goh for Scyther.

As both Onix and Scyther are Dual type Kanto Pokémon that gain an evolution in gen 2 and a Mega Evolution for their evolution in gen 6. They also evolve by being traded with the Metal Coat and replace one of their typings with Steel.

So basically if the trade happened then it would result in Ash getting a Scizor while Goh gets a Steelix.
We'll need to see if there's any indication or hint of trading let alone trade evolutions first since we haven't had an trade evolution since the XY series and trade evolutions have only showed up twice in the anime. The two Unova bugs and Pumpkaboo. Nothing else. Likely cause of them not having a very favorable view of trade evolutions, then again no one likes trade evolutions. It's unfair and stupid.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Why would that matter? Ash already has a dragonite which iris also has and it hasn't made any difference. Brock isn't a main part of the show any more and even if he was, steelix isn't really is most notable Pokemon. It was only showcased in SM because it's the only one of brocks Pokemon that's capable of mega evolution, before that it hadn't even shown up in years

I think there's a quite and obvious difference between Ash and Iris' Dragonite. Iris' Dragonite is always angry, while Ash's Dragonite is very friendly. The same happened with May's Bulbasaur, as she has a spot in her forehead in a heart-shape; making her quite different of Ash's Bulbasaur.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
We already saw a Giant Magikarp in the Orange League and that didn't stop them to give us another one in the last episode.

You're comparing a reserve Pokemon belonging to Gou that probably won't appear that much from now on [outside of the upcoming Koiking episode], to a hypothetical member of Satoshi's team that would by default appear more often. I think there's a wide difference between that giant Koiking and a theoretical second giant Iwark.

esquilo09

I think there's a quite and obvious difference between Ash and Iris' Dragonite. Iris' Dragonite is always angry, while Ash's Dragonite is very friendly. The same happened with May's Bulbasaur, as she has a spot in her forehead in a heart-shape; making her quite different of Ash's Bulbasaur.
Being friendly is Dragonite's usual trait, Iris's was just a rare case. Don't forget Harley's Wigglytuff who has an agressive expression and the Kalos Nurse Joy's Wigglytuff who are large which are quite unusual for their species.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Why are we making these ridiculous arguments again.
1) There's a difference between a one time thing and another that won't be a one time thing.
2) There's also another difference between a reserve for Go and an potential option for a future Ash capture since he's no longer restricted to 1 region, One will show up once in a while and the other will show up constantly.
3) There is absolutely NO freaking reason for Ash to own any unevolved pokemon this time in this series. If Onix was ever an option, It has to evolve. This is not the previous regions (aside from XY) where unevolved pkmn can be used just fine. This is the PWC, not the bland and repetitive gym challenge and badge collecting.

PsychoLogical

Is Alcremie really that popular? Still hoping Ash is the one who catches it
It hit top 5 in a pokemon related Japanese poll called Famitsu where it ranked #2 behind Corviknight so I say it's popularity is solid.

PsychoLogical

Also alcremie hit #5 in pokemon of the year ranking in galar section
That poll doesn’t actually matter due to it being worldwide. It’s Japanese exclusive pkmn polls that actually matter.

Master Pikachu 11

Ok so I know that some have done this on here before in the past, but I want to know what most of you want Ash to capture that he has not captured yet. It would be interesting to see how similar the Pokémon that we can come up with and if these Pokémon are considered fan favorites. So even though nobody wants to see him catch more Kanto Pokémon, I would still like to know what Pokémon from each region do you really want him to catch and you rather see also contribute to the team. Give me your top 3 choices with the exception being Galar which you will give me 6 since it’s the new Gen. The number 1 choice should be the main one that you want to see him capture still. Previous captures do not count for this, just give me Pokémon that he has not captured.
Here are mine:
Kanto: 1. Arcanine 2. Aerodactyl 3. Onix/Steelix
Johto: 1. Tyranitar 2. Espeon 3. Onix/Steelix
Hoenn: 1. Blaziken 2. Flygon 3. Gardevoir
Sinnoh: 1. Empoleon 2. Luxray 3. Rhyperior
Unova: 1. Zoroark 2. Chandelure 3. Haxorus
Kalos: 1. Aegislash 2. Tyrantrum 3. Avalugg
Alola: 1. Kommo-o 2. Zeraora 3. Golisopod
Galar: 1. Inteleon 2. Rillaboom 3. Corviknight 4. Toxtricity 5. Alcremie 6. Kubfu/Urshifu

Red and Blue

Ok so I know that some have done this on here before in the past, but I want to know what most of you want Ash to capture that he has not captured yet. It would be interesting to see how similar the Pokémon that we can come up with and if these Pokémon are considered fan favorites. So even though nobody wants to see him catch more Kanto Pokémon, I would still like to know what Pokémon from each region do you really want him to catch and you rather see also contribute to the team. Give me your top 3 choices with the exception being Galar which you will give me 6 since it’s the new Gen. The number 1 choice should be the main one that you want to see him capture still. Previous captures do not count for this, just give me Pokémon that he has not captured.
Here are mine:
Galar: 1. Inteleon 2. Rillaboom 3. Corviknight 4. Toxtricity 5. Alcremie 6. Kubfu/Urshifu
Sure why not?

Kanto: Eevee, Kangaskhan, Hypno
Johto: Tyranitar, Slowking, Espeon
Hoenn: Absol, Blaziken, Latias
Sinnoh: Darkrai, Toxicroak, Togekiss
Unova: Meloetta, Braviary, Zoroark
Kalos: Tyranitrum, Carbink, Sylveon
Alola: Mimikyu, Kommo-O, Alolan Sandshrew
Galar: Sobble, Toxricity, Kubfu, Alcremie, Grookey, Dracovish

BabaVanga

Here are mine:
Kanto: 1. Scyther/Scizor 2. Nidoking 3. Marowak
Johto: 1. Scyther/Scizor 2. Tyranitar 3. Sneasel/Weavile
Hoenn: 1. Flygon 2. Metagross or Aggron 3. Slaking
Sinnoh: 1. Sneasel/Weavile 2. Empoleon 3. Gallade
Unova: 1. Chandelure 2. Bisharp 3. Braviary
Kalos: 1. Gogoat 2. Diggersby 3. Avalugg
Alola: 1. Alolan Sandslash 2. Golisopod 3. Mudsdale
Galar: 1. Galarian Darmanitan or Eiscue 2. Dragapult 3. Thievul 4. Appletun or Rillaboom 5. Cramorant or Inteleon 6. Coalossal

Sword master zacian

Here are mine:
Here is mine
Kanto:1. eevee,2. aerodatyl,3.Arcanine
Johto:1. tyranitar,2. scizor 3.espeon
Hoenn:1.blaziken,2.flygon,3.swampert/absol
Sinnoh:1.empoleon,2.weavile3.togekiss
Unova:1.zoroark,2,volcarona,3.braviary
Kalos:1.ageislash,2.tyrantrum,
3.chespin line/fennekin line
Alola:1.mudsdale,2.primarina,3.zeraora
Galar:
1.sobble line
2.grookey line
3.kubfu line
4.rookiedee line
5:dreepy line
6:toxel line

Last edited:

nickdt

That poll doesn’t actually matter due to it being worldwide. It’s Japanese exclusive pkmn polls that actually matter.

True. However, Toxtricity and Corviknight were also popular on the Japanese only poll that was done by Famitsu. The only real difference was Inteleon being more popular than Cinderace.

Master Pikachu 11

Sure why not?

Kanto: Eevee, Kangaskhan, Hypno
Johto: Tyranitar, Slowking, Espeon
Hoenn: Absol, Blaziken, Latias
Sinnoh: Darkrai, Toxicroak, Togekiss
Unova: Meloetta, Braviary, Zoroark
Kalos: Tyranitrum, Carbink, Sylveon
Alola: Mimikyu, Kommo-O, Alolan Sandshrew
Galar: Sobble, Toxricity, Kubfu, Alcremie, Grookey, Dracovish
I was just curious as I have seen some lists that had Greninja returning and Gible returning and fully evolving so I wanted to see which Pokémon some of you want Ash to get and then we can look at this as the series progresses to see if any will end up on Ash’s team in the future or if they end up going to Goh. Or not caught at all

Status
Not open for further replies.