1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

There are plenty of non starter grass types that they can chose for Ash like Abomasnow, Sawsbuck, Shiftry, Breloom, Tropius, etc.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  2. MartínK

MartínK Well-Known Member

But it's not gonna be part of his team and Goh wants to catch all the mons, so it's still likely that Ash can get one.

3. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

The only Darmanitan Ash will catch is the Galarian form.

4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

If Ash doesn't get Grookey, I hope he gets a Zarude

There's always Single Strike though, can't write it off now since Farfetch'd proven that non-Bite/Crunch Dark attacks are fair game now
    Kubfu has a 50/50 shot of going either way, unless they show off which one Mustard has then that might change things as they've gotta show both

ibelinssj likes this.
  5. Mythical-Moonlight

Mythical-Moonlight Well-Known Member

Appletun/Flapple! :D

Also Zarude and Breloom as well

Zoruagible likes this.
  6. Cptnmac1

Cptnmac1 Well-Known Member

Not to mention shiftry, tangrowth, abomasnow, roserade or lurantis

7. PsychoLogical

PsychoLogical Well-Known Member

I forgot they existed lulz. Especially the two Apple dragons.

Then again Grass isnt a priority to me, it's Fire, Dragon, or Dark that is. (and yes I know the apples are dragons, they're just too forgettable to me)

8. Cptnmac1

If ash is getting another Dragon type the series, I'm hoping for either flygon or dragapult. As for dark and fire, I'm still hoping for a houndoom so he can get both at once

esquilo09 likes this.
  9. MartínK

I don't know if they are gonna give Ash another dragon type mon since he has Dragonite and honestly i rather prefer that Ash evolve his Gible to Garchomp since he calmed down Sycamore's and used one as a ride in Alola.

For fire and dark Houndoom is the perfect choice but i'd like see Zoroark or Mightyena as dark and Arcanine or cof cof Blaziken as fire.

esquilo09 likes this.
  10. PsychoLogical

There’s no excuse now. Absolutely no excuse. The writers already proved that they don’t care about type overlap with Galarian Farfetch’d’s capture.

esquilo09 likes this.
  11. Zoruagible

Dragapult probably has better odds than most of the Galar Pokemon right now, I'm quite looking forward to seeing how they explain Dreepy's evolutions
    I like Flygon but there are a lot of Hoenn Pokemon they can potentially give Ash, I'm not really expecting it but I'd love it if it happens! Hoenn and Unova have too many options...

That's not really a problem though because as pointed out in the past, Farfetch'd happened despite Riolu being there. And a vast majority of Ash's teams deal with type overlaps, Ash's AG and SM teams are the only exceptions

Gible could potentially come back and evolve but Dragonite and any other potential Dragon Ash may have whether that be Dragapult, Flapple/Appletun, Flygon, or whatever won't stop that, especially as Gible evolving would likely only be happening when his reserves return, therefore types don't really matter as Ash already has a boatload of Fire/Water/Grass, Flying and Fighting types back at Oak's

12. Why are those episodes that came out involve so much Gou?

13. Cptnmac1

Oh believe me I know, just thinking about Pokemon from each region I'd like ash to get i always get stuck in hoenn, there's like a dozen there alone that i think would be great captures. Unova not so much since he captured a lot from there already but there are still a good handful that would be cool

14. I really dont wanna wait until ep 50 for a new Kalos episode. The peace we got to see other regions not named Kanto or Vermillion is waaaay to slow

Spider-Phoenix and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  15. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

He's a Co-Protagonist?

16. Zoruagible

There are several popular Pokemon in Unova that Ash doesn't have, right now I'd say Chandelure probably has the best odds though given it is on the poster and we still haven't seen one yet(They could always introduce Shauntal though, which would be cool)

17. MartínK

Besides Ash doesn't need development like Goh, even if Goh isn't a good character.

18. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

I like these Go focused episodes.

Spider-Phoenix and Ace-Barn like this.
  19. Ignition

Ignition Free

Honestly this. Feels like this season is just Kanto with guest appearances from other regions

Spider-Phoenix and Zoruagible like this.
  20. PsychoLogical

Could we really call this Kanto when 95% of the time in Kanto it's always Vermilion ?

Kawaii Emolga and esquilo09 like this.