• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Okay and who's to say that Marnie won't just disappear as a character once she's been shown? There's nothing even saying that they'll utilise her as more than just a glorified COTD..

Also, the only reason Paul's Torterra didn't show up again is because after Grotle evolved in Sunyshore, it was so late in the journey that we then only really saw Paul's trash league team, along with Magmortar and Ursaring crushing Barry.. but that didn't stop it from still existing.
Game rivals have never been used as COTDs, with the exception of Cheren of course, and in that case Cheren appeared in his BW2 role as a Gym Leader.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Game rivals have never been used as COTDs, with the exception of Cheren of course, and in that case Cheren appeared in his BW2 role as a Gym Leader.

Some game rivals, such as Silver and Hugh, have never appeared in the main anime at all.. so what is your point? Because as it stands, there's no guarantee that Marnie, Hop and Bede will all make appearances.

Can we hope? Sure, but even if they do pop up, it doesn't mean they'll become recurring characters. Things aren't always the same like clockwork..

ShadowForce720

Some game rivals, such as Silver and Hugh, have never appeared in the main anime at all.. so what is your point? Because as it stands, there's no guarantee that Marnie, Hop and Bede will all make appearances.

Can we hope? Sure, but even if they do pop up, it doesn't mean they'll become recurring characters. Things aren't always the same like clockwork..

To further your point all of Ash’s main rivals after Gary from AG-XY were anime exclusive characters and yet that didn’t prevent Ash’s main rival in Sun and Moon to be based on a character from the games.

Heck all of Ash’s rivals in Sun and Moon where based on characters from the game.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
To further your point all of Ash’s main rivals after Gary from AG-XY were anime exclusive characters and yet that didn’t prevent Ash’s main rival in Sun and Moon to be based on a character from the games.

Heck all of Ash’s rivals in Sun and Moon where based on characters from the game.
That actually strengthens my point.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They can skip Hopp, he adds nothing and provides no challenge for Ash at all

Bede and Marnie can work as PWT opponents like Ash, working their way to the top while establishing more of Galar with their connections to Rose/Oleana and Piers/Yell
I really don't want Bede and Marnie skipped, bad enough Wally and Hugh were

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I know I'm the minority but I think Go is the better male companion overall. His goal needs some work, specially in regards to the use of his pokémon but I still think it's more interesting than the previous guys

Imagine thinking that clown's better than Brock and Kiawe :rolleyes:

ShadowForce720

That actually strengthens my point.
No, actually it doesn’t. The fact that after having an anime exclusive rival for AG-XY, that it didn’t prevent Ash from having his main rival in Sun and Moon being based off of a game character just goes to show that their not scared to change things up with the rivals.

So it’s entirely possible that Marnie could just be a character of the day. Especially considering how unpredictable this current series is being, and considering we’re already seeing things that some people thought wouldn’t ever happen.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You know what I'll go make another topic for now, we can save the typical arguing about "this won't happen" or whatever horsecrap later. Is there any reserves that you guys want to return for the PWC ? Like to have it return to evolve all the way/returning as them that evolved offscreen for PWC battles or just have it return for show? The ones that I actually want to return the most are these (not in order):

-Gible returning and going all the way to Garchomp
-Greninja (save it for top 500 matches)
-Charizard (The only Charizard besides Leon and Alain's that I want to show up)
-Snivy going all the way to Serperior, it was inexcusable that it basically did nothing. No new moves, not even at least a Servine.
-Torterra for redemption due to getting shafted in favor of Infernape
-Infernape
-Incineroar cause no battles after evolution
-Oshawott so it can actually do something instead of being BW's gag mon that didn't win a proper battle since ep 62 of BW. Perhaps have it go all the way as well.

Last edited:

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
So it’s entirely possible that Marnie could just be a character of the day. Especially considering how unpredictable this current series is being, and considering we’re already seeing things that some people thought wouldn’t ever happen.

I think with Marnie's popularity, I doubt she'll just be a character of the day, but I'm not expecting her to appear for a long time.

PsychoLogical

I think with Marnie's popularity, I doubt she'll just be a character of the day, but I'm not expecting her to appear for a long time.
We’ll likely see her as Ash goes up in the Super Class of the PWC. And extra note: If this series was a regular single region locked series, Marnie would’ve likely been the Pokegirl.

Master Pikachu 11

Considering that he already evolved his Hibanny and his three Mayuld, I think that we'll see more evolutions among his collection of Pokemon.
I don’t mind if he evolves his Pokémon, I just want some of them to not fully evolve because I would like to see some of Ash’s Pokémon be used again. So Pokémon like Grimer, Talliow, and his future Fletchling to not evolve so that Muk, Swellow, and Talonflame can be used again.
You know what I'll go make another topic for now, we can save the typical arguing about "this won't happen" or whatever horsecrap later. Is there any reserves that you guys want to return for the PWC ? Like to have it return to evolve all the way/returning as them that evolved offscreen for PWC battles or just have it return for show? The ones that I actually want to return the most are these (not in order):

-Gible returning and going all the way to Garchomp
-Greninja (save it for top 500 matches)
-Charizard (The only Charizard besides Leon and Alain's that I want to show up)
-Snivy going all the way to Serperior, it was inexcusable that it basically did nothing. No new moves, not even at least a Servine.
-Torterra for redemption due to getting shafted in favor of Infernape
-Infernape
-Incineroar cause no battles after evolution
-Oshawott so it can actually do something instead of being BW's gag mon that didn't win a proper battle since ep 62 of BW. Perhaps have go all the way as well.
All of them are good choices, I would like to see Kingler, Noivern since he didn’t get to do much during Kalos, Sceptile, Staraptor, Muk, Swellow, Talonflame, Donphan, Quilava to come back and evolve to Typhlosion, Totodile to evolve all the way, Snorlax, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Heracross since it’s my favorite bug Pokémon. Also the Pokémon that you mentioned.

PsychoLogical

Quilava needs to evolve. Am I right in thinking we've only seen Typhlosion in like three episodes of the main anime and that's all the way back in AG? Maybe one appearance in DP?
I checked, Typhlosion has only appeared twice in the main series. The others were in Chronicles and the movies. Made its main series debut in Hoenn rather than Johto (Chronicles isn’t main series).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
They can skip Hopp, he adds nothing and provides no challenge for Ash at all

If he appears, the writers would likely use his relationship with Dande as a plot point to pit him against Satoshi by making Hop want to beat Dande at the Pokemon World Championships. I'd expect Aceburn to be his main Pokemon out of the Galar Starters simply because I still find it hard to believe that Gou will fully evolve his Rabbifoot.

PsychoLogical

If he appears, the writers would likely use his relationship with Dande as a plot point to pit him against Satoshi by making Hop want to beat Dande at the Pokemon World Championships. I'd expect Aceburn to be his main Pokemon out of the Galar Starters simply because I still find it hard to believe that Gou will fully evolve his Rabbifoot.
Could one of the other Kanto starters be a possibility instead? Leon has Charizard and Hop having either Blastoise or Venusaur doesn’t seem that farfetched if he ever shows up in the anime.

ShadowForce720

I don’t mind if he evolves his Pokémon, I just want some of them to not fully evolve because I would like to see some of Ash’s Pokémon be used again. So Pokémon like Grimer, Talliow, and his future Fletchling to not evolve so that Muk, Swellow, and Talonflame can be used again.

All of them are good choices, I would like to see Kingler, Noivern since he didn’t get to do much during Kalos, Sceptile, Staraptor, Muk, Swellow, Talonflame, Donphan, Quilava to come back and evolve to Typhlosion, Totodile to evolve all the way, Snorlax, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Heracross since it’s my favorite bug Pokémon. Also the Pokémon that you mentioned.

Considering that May’s Bulbasaur and Squirtle never prevented Ash’s Bulbasaur and Squirtle returning and Dawn’s Cyndaquil never prevented Ash’s Cyndaquil from returning and evolving.

I fail to see how Go’s Grimer, Taillow, and future Fletchling were to evolve that it would somehow prevent Ash’s Muk, Swellow, and Talonflame from returning especially since it’s not like Ash’s Swellow, Muk, and Talonflame would be permanently returning to the main cast.

PsychoLogical

Considering that May’s Bulbasaur and Squirtle never prevented Ash’s Bulbasaur and Squirtle returning and Dawn’s Cyndaquil never prevented Ash’s Cyndaquil from returning and evolving.

I fail to see how Go’s Grimer, Taillow, and future Fletchling were to evolve that it would somehow prevent Ash’s Muk, Swellow, and Talonflame from returning especially since it’s not like Ash’s Swellow, Muk, and Talonflame would be permanently returning to the main cast.
Oh ye about Swellow, its VA’s dead. Would they have a new VA? Swellow’s no longer an important character unlike Oak and Gurkinn (?) so that may be bit of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.