• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Yeah but people want Ash with Kubfu though, I don't think Ash needs THREE fighting types. Let alone one that the only thing going for it is it being a regional variant with a new gen evolution.
Yes and if I have to choose between the two, I would rather have Kubfu over Farfetch’d as well.
I'm saying its nonsensical for him to have 3 fighting types at the moment, until we know what they're doing with his team.

Giving him two other fighting types just doesn't make sense, when there are 18 types. Sure Lucario is steel and hypothetical Urshifu will either be Dark or Water, but he literally doesn't need 3 fighting types just because people really want Ash with Urshifu and Sirfetch'd.

They can at least try to distribute the types better.

And if Ash will get 25 new Pokemon then fine, he can have 3 and more fighting types on his team. But not when we don't know when the captures will stop for Ash. If they come and say "Ash will catch more Pokemon this generation than any other generation" I'd be more willing to accept 3 fighting types.

But what kind of team is: Pikachu, Dragonite, Lucario, Gengar, Inteleon, Rillaboom, Sirfetch'd, Urshifu.

I'm not saying he won't get three fighting types, I'm saying he doesn't NEED three fighting types if that's going to be his final team.

At the moment until we know for certain I think people need to realistically choose between Sirfetch'd and Urshifu (though they don't have to). Because having Lucario, Urshifu, and Sirfetch'd on the team at once with no mention of any other type Pokemon, is just simply going to be boring, because it means in THIS context he's done.

I could overlook this issue with Kalos given that Kalos really had crappy number of Pokemon (type wise), the Scatterbug line was literally the ONLY bug type line in existence, as in Gamefreak LITERALLY only had 3 new bug types in 6th generation. And to make matters worse, Vivillion is also a FLYING type.

The excuse of 3 flying and 2 dragon types is going to be far less excusable when the entire Pokedex is available to him, and yet people want him to have two 8th generation fighting type Pokemon along with Lucario.

It can still happen, mind you, but it would piss me off. But only if the team will be THAT limited.
I mean yes he doesn’t need to have three fighting types but as he mentioned in the episode after he caught Dragonite he mentioned to Goh that he wants to catch more Pokémon as well. When he made that comment, I personally believe that he would capture more then his usual 5 and 6 that he usually captures and given that this is a world tour series, I expect him to do just that. Also my main point of my previous post was that if the writers want to pull another Dragonite on us then it would make sense to have him capture Galarian Farfetch’d over Slowking. I personally believe that Sobble will be the only Pokémon that Ash ends up with when it’s all said and done.
At this rate Dragonite will become his strongest Dragon type

Go also has fourteen out of the eighteen types. Still needs Fighting, Steel, Dragon, and Electric
I expect him to capture a Goomy on their next visit to Kalos as it has appeared on the first poster and he already has Fletchling.
this series has broken several traditions already, i'm sure we're bound to see more.

The fact alone that Ash isn't restricted to Galar only pokemon is something in of itself, hopefully his reserves will eventually get in on this, but if they intend to have Ash continue to add more team members I have a feeling we could be looking at a Unova number haul, and this time hopefully they'll be like Dragonite and Gengar and be powerful from the get go and not need much raising like Riolu or Sobble

speaking of, if Ash does get Sobble then I hope it's the only starter he gets, he got fire and grass last time, and I don't want him getting Grookey only for the sake of him getting it which seems to be the mentality behind a lot of people here when it comes to that thing.

if Scorbunny and Sobble are more popular than it is, it's doomed no matter who gets it, it'd be better off with a rival, heck let Hop have one and Leon have it's evolution.

Now as far as G-Farfetch'd goes, it really boils down to who it challenges when it appears, since that is something we don't know yet in full, all we know is that it "challenges them."

what I want out of G-Farfetch'd is decisiveness, whoever it chooses to pick a fight with, is the one who gets it, no matter what kinds of promotion we have on the table.

Cause if the writers were to pull something like what happened in the Golurk episode only a much worse scale cause this wouldn't be a raid battle situation, that would probably make people even angrier than what happened then.

and I for one am not someone who enjoys the pain of others.
Based on the summary we know that Farfetch’d will battle both Go and Ash so the question is going to be will it challenge Ash first or Goh. Should be a interesting battle as it could go in any direction

Sword master zacian

I feel they are trying to get raboot into battling
So i think farfetch'd vs raboot will be the highlight of ep 27
this series has broken several traditions already, i'm sure we're bound to see more.

The fact alone that Ash isn't restricted to Galar only pokemon is something in of itself, hopefully his reserves will eventually get in on this, but if they intend to have Ash continue to add more team members I have a feeling we could be looking at a Unova number haul, and this time hopefully they'll be like Dragonite and Gengar and be powerful from the get go and not need much raising like Riolu or Sobble

speaking of, if Ash does get Sobble then I hope it's the only starter he gets, he got fire and grass last time, and I don't want him getting Grookey only for the sake of him getting it which seems to be the mentality behind a lot of people here when it comes to that thing.

if Scorbunny and Sobble are more popular than it is, it's doomed no matter who gets it, it'd be better off with a rival, heck let Hop have one and Leon have it's evolution.

Now as far as G-Farfetch'd goes, it really boils down to who it challenges when it appears, since that is something we don't know yet in full, all we know is that it "challenges them."

what I want out of G-Farfetch'd is decisiveness, whoever it chooses to pick a fight with, is the one who gets it, no matter what kinds of promotion we have on the table.

Cause if the writers were to pull something like what happened in the Golurk episode only a much worse scale cause this wouldn't be a raid battle situation, that would probably make people even angrier than what happened then.

and I for one am not someone who enjoys the pain of others.
I just can't see a starter pokemon debuting at the end of this series
We don't know hop is gonna appear or not and even if he debut it will be hau situation debut at end and appear two or three times and leon's full team we are Not gonna see it until ash vs leon finale
Even of they are breaking so many trends giving all starters to main cast is one trend that can't be broken cuz they have to promote the new generation game
And ash is the only one who can use grookey goh will let it rot in park and koharu she isn't a main character so grookey will rot with her as well

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
wellwellwells said:
Playing IoA, Kubfoo is pretty much Ash’s Riolu, me it would have been better in the team, fresher at least.
Maybe a Kubfoo Can be Riolu’s rival?

I could see that happening, although I can't think of any particular rival from the games that I'd want to see with a Dakuma. But I really like the idea of Satoshi's future Lucario battling someone's Wulaosu, maybe in some kind of Fighting Pokemon tournament.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
We didn't see him actually doing it, but we can assume that Goh captured the White Flabebe too? I mean, considering how easily he catchs any Pokemon, I wouldn't be surprised.

MegaSalamence05

Which is why I've been saying Riolu and Kubfu could be another version of an internal rivalry similar to Hawlucha and Froakie back during XY.

I'm sorry but I want team members pushing other team members to get better. The fact that statistically it's the weakest Legendary should be an absolute shoo in for a training opportunity.

However you view it that's what I personally want to have happen.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
At this point, I'd rather him not capture Kubfu. I've had an idea from the start, that I would prefer a case where he's just helping it train and evolve, but not actually making it a fully fledged team member.

I'm glad he got a Riolu that needs to be trained from scratch and I hope to god that he only sticks with that. I just don't like Urshifu, sue me. I find it ugly and its whole arc in the game is ridiculously easy and non-compelling..

Sword master zacian

At this point, I'd rather him not capture Kubfu. I've had an idea from the start, that I would prefer a case where he's just helping it train and evolve, but not actually making it a fully fledged team member.

I'm glad he got a Riolu that needs to be trained from scratch and I hope to god that he only sticks with that. I just don't like Urshifu, sue me. I find it ugly and its whole arc in the game is ridiculously easy and non-compelling..
It was easy uh i bet you used a lot of exp. Candies to level up kubfu
If you did like me not using any exp.candies(cuz i didn't Had one) and levelled it up from lv.10 to lv.70 it would have become much harder

Decidueye23

Personally not too keen of kubfu on his team. There are just other galar pokemon i would rather see on his team like toxtricity or corviknight. The thing is type repeatitions aside i want the pokemon stories to be unique. It alreary seems like riplu and sobble will have a similar story ie trainer makes them super strong. Kubfu would be the same and that would be boring

Are we sure that's why they left? I thought alot of them just didn't like that Misty left or they didn't like May and Max.
I know at least three people, personally, who left the Anime for that specific reason. I also know many people, from other fan-base online, who left for the same reason. A dull main character is difficult to put up with.

By the way, it is true many people stopped watching the show because Misty left.
I don't think Corni being on there means that she'll appear again in a future episode: I think she's there simply to promote the newest episode. I wouldn't want Corni to keep appearing regardless of Satoshi having Riolu, because I don't think he needs Corni's guidance.
I think any other Lucario trainer can work at this moment but since she is tied to M-Lucario I think it is pretty obvious she will return, no matter how much I don't want her to.

On Topic: Riolu has changed a lot since its capture episode and I am glad it has. It is still battle hungry but it has learned its limits. Hopefully it will take a backseat after Sobble is caught.

Last edited:

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
Talking of the potential captures and their characters,I can see Riolu at first teasing Sobble but after the former evolves it will be calm and would want Sobble to teach but after Sobble evolves it will be very lazy and rarely fight. Lucario will get angry with that but as soon as Intelleon arrives I think they will have a friendly rivalry like Lycanroc and Incineroar.
If Ash catches Kubfu,then I could see Lucario as a mentor and practice buddy.
If Greninja returns,I can see it being a mentor to Intelleon.
And if Ash gets Grookey,then I want potential Rillaboom to have a personality similar to Dragonite.
Similarly if Ash catches Toxel,let it be like Poipole and if he gets Dreepy,let it be the baby of both Dragonite and Gengar.
What do you think guys? Please give your ideas.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It was easy uh i bet you used a lot of exp. Candies to level up kubfu
If you did like me not using any exp.candies(cuz i didn't Had one) and levelled it up from lv.10 to lv.70 it would have become much harder

Grinding it the proper way doesn't make it difficult at all, just tedious and not fun. They probably wanted you to just use EXP candies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
At least they had Delia and Oak finally show up for one again...

As much as I appreciated seeing them again, it sort of felt pointless. I remember some people predicting that Okido-hakase would return to reunite Satoshi with some of his reserve Pokemon, but even that didn't happen.

World Turtle

So by episode 25 Goh now has 50 Pokemon. He's also apparently getting variant forms seeing as he's caught 4 Flabebe (red, blue, orange, yellow) which increases things quite a bit. He going to try for all 20 Vivillon too?

I guess by episode 60 he'll be around 100.

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
So by episode 25 Goh now has 50 Pokemon. He's also apparently getting variant forms seeing as he's caught 4 Flabebe (red, blue, orange, yellow) which increases things quite a bit. He going to try for all 20 Vivillon too?

I guess by episode 60 he'll be around 100.

I don't like the thought of him getting all the Vivillon forms since there are so many, and even from a collector's perspective, it feels wrong to have so many of the same kind of Pokemon if they aren't going to be put to good use. It's the same way I feel about Satoshi's Kentauros herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.