• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Mythical-Moonlight

Well it's seemingly confirmed Flygon is showing up in the Sand Tomb Episode.

(We gotta wait for a proper translation first.)

Let's all cross our fingers for an Ash Capture

Red and Blue

While it would be cool if Ash caught Flygon I'm kind of worried about his Gengar. It hasnt really done much or shown up since it was caught

nickdt

Well it's seemingly confirmed Flygon is showing up in the Sand Tomb Episode.

(We gotta wait for a proper translation first.)

Let's all cross our fingers for an Ash Capture
The summary implies Goh is catching the Flygon. I can already see the salt coming if this happens.

Cptnmac1

The summary implies Goh is catching the Flygon. I can already see the salt coming if this happens.
The summary doesn't imply anything. It just says goh has a plan. It doesn't say what he has a plan for, whether it be capturing flygon or dealing with the chaos its sand tomb is causing. Its still too early to assume anything out of the summary has we havent got a full translation yet

nickdt

The summary doesn't imply anything. It just says goh has a plan. It doesn't say what he has a plan for, whether it be capturing flygon or dealing with the chaos its sand tomb is causing. Its still too early to assume anything out of the summary has we havent got a full translation yet
Ash isn't the one to steal a capture from someone who has put more effort in (Unlike Go). So Goh has higher chances in getting the Flygon than Ash is. Obviously, it can still remain a wild one, but the summary doesn't imply Ash getting it at all and leans more towards Goh than Ash. Thats why the summary implies Goh getting it instead of Ash.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
While it would be cool if Ash caught Flygon I'm kind of worried about his Gengar. It hasnt really done much or shown up since it was caught
I still think they're playing catch up with Riolu and Farfetch'd. Gengar and Dragonite have already proven themselves to be quite strong while these two do need some work before they can start fighting powerful opponents

No idea why they won't let Gengar get some simple scenes though, can't we get more scenes where Ash's Pokemon are all together? Gengar keeps getting singled out :/

dman_dustin

Tbh I still dont see the connection between Gou catching pokemon and getting Mew
Pretty sure its just a Mew transforms into everything and can use all the attacks connection. And Ditto doesn't matter as much since Ditto has consistently shown to be weaker than the real thing, Whereas Mew can easily be justified being stronger than the real deal hence it being a mythical.

Fernsday

I really don’t mind if Ash doesn’t catch Flygon tbh, he’s already got a “popular” Dragon type on his team in Dragonite. I’ve mentioned this prior but again I think Ash will have two teams, a “popular” team and Galarian team and I don’t think Flygon would be the best fit on his “popular” team, they’d probably wanna go for more “mainstream” options if that makes sense

Maybe his plan is to cheer Ash up since he is sick from the battle.
Tbh I still dont see the connection between Gou catching pokemon and getting Mew
That's the thing I have been wondering for nearly 30 episodes now.

nickdt

I still think they're playing catch up with Riolu and Farfetch'd. Gengar and Dragonite have already proven themselves to be quite strong while these two do need some work before they can start fighting powerful opponents

No idea why they won't let Gengar get some simple scenes though, can't we get more scenes where Ash's Pokemon are all together? Gengar keeps getting singled out :/
It kinda makes sense with Gengars personality being a loner.

Fernsday

It kinda makes sense with Gengars personality being a loner.
Team interactions makes them actually feel like a team tho, literally simple 30 second-minute scenes with the team at Sakuragi Lab would add so much. SM would have brief scenes of Torracat and Lycanroc sparring or trying to finish their food faster than each other, Rowlet and Meltan moments, the entire team training together, etc. Why can’t we have that for PM