• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konja7

I just want the answer of what ash is going to do in all these old regions. Maybe rematches with gym leaders in preparation for something? Or just for training purposes, to train up his whole team?

Or is he going to be a tag along like Brock?

Maybe a tournamente between 8 regions.

That would fit the focus on "become the best at Pokemon battling".

Revolver Furious Dragon

Maybe a tournamente between 8 regions.

That would fit the focus on "become the best at Pokemon battling".

I thought maybe something to do with masters? Like he's travelling to invite gym leaders to this big tournament

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I'm hoping it's NOT a reboot and Ash is secretly a Pokemon Champion watching over Go, instead of an inexperienced "buttmonkey" who is constantly at the receiving end of jokes. And that he won't have to catch any new Pokemon and the new team focus will be on Go.

Think how Yoda was acting over-the-top crazy and selfish before revealing in his Obi-Wan conversation that he was a Jedi Master.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think this has the potential to be the best dynamic yet. I’ve been onboard with a rotating third wheel so if they do travel together, I think that’s likely

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Go has been described as a co-protagonist rather than a companion. Ash can still have traditional companions.

Konja7

Ash did see Ho-oh briefly in the first episode, so it might refer to that too.

Yeah. However, it was never say to be his reason to "become the best at Pokemon battling".

I start to think we could see a reboot where the first episode is a retelling of the original (that happened in the reboot of Youkai Watch).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I really don't understand, in the event we see older companions, why we would do the "all regions" gimmick if we're following a new version of Ash. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but the older audience might not have the same connection to the new versions of Ash's companions while the young audience might brush them off at CotDs.
Yeah. The old companions, if rebooted, may have different Pokemon, personalities, or experiences. They would be old characters only in name, appearance, and some personality aspects.

Xuxuba

Since we are probably getting only 2 main characters and Go already owns Scorbunny, i suppose Ash has a higher chance of owning both a Grookey and Sobble.

Mr-Nightmare_420

Just a dude who enjoys pokemon
They can't just throw away OG Ash. He's hasn't accomplished his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master (whatever the h that is)! So having a character that we've seen grow throughout these 20 years just to be slammed dunk into the trash folder is like spitting in the face of everyone who have committed to following the anime series. Yes, I understand that many are getting tired of him and have been wanting a new character to take over, but they can't lie and say now would be the perfect time to do it. He needs a proper send off, and I feel like this series might be the perfect time to do it.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Really hoping to see old companions with this all region visit thig, otherwise it will be a huge waste not to mention lot of old fans could be attracted this way.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Since we are probably getting only 2 main characters and Go already owns Scorbunny, i suppose Ash has a higher chance of owning both a Grookey and Sobble.

Unless there's a third companion I think it's likely ash will get 2.

The real question is will scorbunny evolve or not.

Ash does get a Piplup then I highly doubt that it will be a copy paste of Dawn's.
It's not a question of it being like dawn's. He just doesn't need to get one. There's plenty of others That haven't had a tremendous amount of screentime that would be good with ash[/QUOTE]

Red and Blue

I feel pretty confident in Sobble for Ash since it seems to be the most popular out of the three.

It will even be the focus of next week's Pokenchi

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah....given that the info says "This is the beginning of the adventure towards the apparently infinitely vast Pokémon world", it very much seems like a reboot to me now TBH. Why would the info state something like "beginning of the adventure" if this was just a continuation of Ash's long journey from the previous sagas?

Guess at the very least Ash (the one whom we know throughout the course of his journey through 7 regions & 22 years) is being finally being written off. At the very least, I can be pleased knowing that he's leaving on a high after finally winning Pokemon League after so many years, after finally achieving that seemingly unachievable target/accomplishment which has been portrayed as a primary step in his goal throughout the course of the anime.

But what I'm really glad about here is that: the repeatitive, rigid and tiring formula in the Pokemon anime is finally getting a change, as it seems like. Ash losing the League, Oak'ing his regional Pokemon at the end of the saga & going off to the next region was a formula that was getting really repeatitive & predictable throughout all these years. IMO, the Pokemon anime really needed a change in formula at this point.

So if this series indeed a reboot with Ash's character & story being rebooted alongside, I'm not gonna be upset about it even one bit.

Last edited:

JC317

I really hope the Ash we're seeing here is OG Ash, not AU Ash from M20/21

The thing is, I have no investment in AU Ash, so if OG Ash really is gone, then I just won't be that interested in following the new series...

Has Ash always been described this way by promotional material? Because this seems like new information to me.

The closest thing would either be DP138 where Ash had a flashback to the moment he realized being a Pokemon trainer is a great privilege (he was shown fascinated by a trainer with a Rapidash), or XY121 where Ash had a flashback to the moment he truly fell in love with Pokemon (he was lost in a forest and bonded with wild Pokemon)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Since Scorbunny's off the market, that leaves two for Ash.

Honestly, I'm gonna go with Grookey for Ash. Sobble's crying gimmick reminds me a bit too much of Torkoal.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I have a feeling he will be getting a sobble, other than that a corkinight and alolan lynoone is also fine designs. With corkvinight it could end up as first true flying type ace of a region.

Status
Not open for further replies.