• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I don't know if they've ever had Ash catch two Pokemon in back to back episodes. It would make up for him going 10 episodes until his first capture, in fact, this is the longest it has ever taken Ash to catch his first Pokemon.

Weren't the Kanto Starters all caught basically Back to Back?

World Turtle

Mr. Mime (the pseudo-retcon aside), Dragonite, and possibly Gengar. That'd be 3. Maybe they will give him at most 3 from all the regions or at least anywhere from 1-3 save for Galar where I hope he gets a full team of 6 at least.

This series is going to be very different and I'm not sure how to feel about that yet.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I don't know if they've ever had Ash catch two Pokemon in back to back episodes. It would make up for him going 10 episodes until his first capture, in fact, this is the longest it has ever taken Ash to catch his first Pokemon.

Froakie and Fletchling.

Oshawott and Tepig were back to back

Also Pidove in the episode before Oshawott

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

I know I’m late at posting this, but finally Ash has a capture and now this officially ends a very long standing pattern of Ash only capturing new Gen Pokémon, this very exciting to see happen and this has now opened many more possibilities of other Pokémon that he could capture.

esquilo09

I know I’m late at posting this, but finally Ash has a capture and now this officially ends a very long standing pattern of Ash only capturing new Gen Pokémon, this very exciting to see happen and this has now opened many more possibilities of other Pokémon that he could capture.
With some being only caught by Go such as Teddiursa and Poochyena.

MegaSalamence05

With Ash catching Dragonite

I hope this is its Moveset

Draco Meteor
Hurricane
Dragon Dance
The fourth move you can use it for coverage like Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, or Hyper Beam

Zariful

I wonder if they’re gonna stay accurate to Dragon Dance’s use in the game and give Ash’s Dragonite a physical move.

game3524

I wouldn't be surprise if Ash only uses Kanto Pokemon, especially if he does participate in a World Tournament. If they go that route, there will be plenty of characters who can show off Pokemon from other regions and they don't need Ash do that anymore.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I hope that Satoshi finally capturing a Pokemon in this series is foreshadowing him receiving some kind of hobby from now on instead of him just tagging along with Gou. I don't really like the decision to give him a Kairyu, but at least now people can't complain that Satoshi isn't catching any Pokemon.

Red and Blue

If Ash does Galar gyms maybe Milo will have Flapple or Appletun to counter Dragonite.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MegaSalamence05 said:
With Ash catching Dragonite

I hope this is its Moveset

Draco Meteor
Hurricane
Dragon Dance
The fourth move you can use it for coverage like Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, or Hyper Beam

I don't think that it'll learn a move like Dragon Dance since Satoshi rarely uses stat-powering moves like that. He's more of a melee battler who prefers using sheer power than strategic planning.

Paree

I don't think that it'll learn a move like Dragon Dance since Satoshi rarely uses stat-powering moves like that. He's more of a melee battler who prefers using sheer power than strategic planning.
Didn’t it use Dragon Dance in this episode?

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Dragonair already used Dragon Dance before it evolved into Dragonite.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How does Ash getting Dragonite suddenly lead to "Ash will only get Kanto Pokemon"?
There's literally barely anything left they can possibly give him from that era

Not to mention Galar's species have yet to be properly covered. And there's the DLC to promote as well(and possible remakes)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Blaze Master X said:
It already used Dragon Dance before it evolved into Dragonite.

Thank you for clarifying, I haven't seen the episode yet. It's a strange case since I don't see Satoshi commanding Kairyu to use that move too often, though. I hope Kairyu will forget that move in time and learn something different.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
This seems appropriate to do now
If Ash gets a Pokemon from every region, I picked Pokemon that I think he'll wind up with.

Johto: Larvitar <- Unless by some miracle they end the saga with him catching Ho-oh, this is the only thing that crosses my mind
Hoenn: Flygon or Absol (Spoink would be my preferred choice, but I'm doing what I think he'll get. Not a wishlist)
Sinnoh: Lucario
Unova: Litwik?
Kalos: Greninja's comeback
Alola: Sandslash

Chespin and Greninja comeback for Kalos, please. Team Kalos desperately needs variety since as for right now it's 3 different kind of birds (Noivern is a bat/dragon, but we get what I'm saying)

For Hoenn? I dunno, I'm satisfied with what he has. Perhaps Metagross even if that coupled with Dragonite and Peakachu would be a bit too broken.

For other regions, I'm fine with what he got. He could just bring Gible back and evolve it all the way. Get Oshawott to become Dewott, Snivy to Servine and get all the Alola gang back.

I'm starting to think all 3 Galar starters might go to Go instead. Maybe Ash's team will be Kanto focused, while Go gets all the Galar pokemon. Could be why they're holding off debuting Sobble and Grookey in the series for so long, Ash having new unevolved starters would look strange next to a powerful Dragonite this early in a series.

You know, I'm perfectly fine with that. Sobble and Grookie would be great assets for Go as well as being a nice change of pace.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Scorbunny's goodbye.

If that ever happened, I might end up crying. Let that happen to one of his other mons hehe

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
You know, I'm perfectly fine with that. Sobble and Grookie would be great assets for Go as well as being a nice change of pace.

I'm not usually one to complain about Gou, but I'd dislike the idea of him getting Sarunori and Messon. I just think that Hibanny is enough for him and that he doesn't need two more Galar Starters that would probably be wasted on him, anyway. I still retain my wish for Satoshi to get either Saronori or Messon while Koharu could get the remaining one.

Status
Not open for further replies.