• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
With Ash's Melmetal I have a question. As we know its the only one in existence, when Ash gets to Alola because out of all of the Gigantimax Pokemon that Ash can possess. Ash's Melmetal would be the best pokemon for that role and be the trump card for Ash's Alolan team. As I think that Ash is going to get 1 Gigantimax Pokemon per region.

Kanto: Gengar (Rumored)
Johto: N/A
Hoenn: N/A
Sinnoh: N/A
Unova: N/A
Kalos: N/A
Alola: Melmetal
Galar: Too hard to predict here

The reasons I'm putting Johto to Kalos not available as right now they don't have enough Pokemon to provide a slight selection process. Just a thought and an idea as Ash trains his Melmetal when he returns to Alola

That theory doesn't really hold up much, when you consider that (right now anyways) most those regions have one or no Gigantimax forms.
Like I heavily doubt Ash will get Garbarodor, considering it is Oleana's ace.

I do have my fingers crossed for a Gigantimax Flygon though, Flygon's owed his due for not getting a Mega while literally every other Hoenn Dragon did! Flygon could easily work for Ash, though hopefully they let him raise it up from a Vibrava or Trapinch, and not another Dragonite case lol And Gigantimax Johto starters.... but that is unfortunately a long shot :/

I'd say Galar and Kanto will likely have most the Gigantimax forms. Kanto has Pikachu, Gengar, and maybe Charizard/Snorlax/Kingler?(If Melmetal can come back, only right these three do it too)

Galar has starters(So basically Rillaboom and Intelleon), maybe Kubfu's evolution?, Drednaw/Corviknight/DLCmons,

While the other regions will probably have nothing, but regular captures to make up for it. Like Lucario and.... well, whatever else he gets. Hopefully we get a sign of a Johto or Unovan capture soon

MegaSalamence05

That theory doesn't really hold up much, when you consider that (right now anyways) most those regions have one or no Gigantimax forms.
Like I heavily doubt Ash will get Garbarodor, considering it is Oleana's ace.

I do have my fingers crossed for a Gigantimax Flygon though, Flygon's owed his due for not getting a Mega while literally every other Hoenn Dragon did! Flygon could easily work for Ash, though hopefully they let him raise it up from a Vibrava or Trapinch, and not another Dragonite case lol And Gigantimax Johto starters.... but that is unfortunately a long shot :/

I'd say Galar and Kanto will likely have most the Gigantimax forms. Kanto has Pikachu, Gengar, and maybe Charizard/Snorlax/Kingler?(If Melmetal can come back, only right these three do it too)

Galar has starters(So basically Rillaboom and Intelleon), maybe Kubfu's evolution?, Drednaw/Corviknight/DLCmons,

While the other regions will probably have nothing, but regular captures to make up for it. Like Lucario and.... well, whatever else he gets. Hopefully we get a sign of a Johto or Unovan capture soon

That's the reason why I said the blurb at the bottom which for right now the theory doesn't have much backing because they don't have many Pokemon that can Gigantimax.

I'm in total agreement of Flygon (I think everyone knows that by this point). Which is why I'm very curious for the DLC as the Gigantimax forms were Kanto and Galar Pokemon with Garboder being the exception. So for the upcoming DLC I firmly believe that they're going to be in pairs. Isle of Armor has hypothetically speaking Johto and Sinnoh, while Crown Tundra has Hoenn and Unova Pokemon.

Which is why I love this series because of the unpredictability. By now we know what Ash is going to do and he starts doing it.

Ash has Pikachu, Mr. Mime and Dragonite. But at this point, rumored captures like Gengar and Riolu/Lucario who knows honestly.

Ash-Greninja4life

Did the anime directly mention that Ash was Alola champion today? Serebii’s synopsis said ‘Who will win, Alola Champion or World Champion’ just wondering if that’s something the voiceover perhaps said.

Also looks like Ash was somewhat endorsed, I feel the vision of Ash vs Leon will come true, perhaps in the next world championship? Will we perhaps see Ash vs the Champions of other regions and use Pokemon from that region so...

vs Lance- Pikachu, Gengar, Dragonite, Charizard, Snorlax and either Bulbasaur or Squrtile If they evolve.
Vs Cynthia- Infernape, Torterra, Lucario, Garchomp, Pikachu, Floatzel (if Buizel and Gible evolve)
vs Leon- probably the only exception when he uses his greatest team- Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard, Sceptile (hard to say what his best Pokemon is think)

obviously I think you only have 3 battles in the world championship, 1 obviously being Leon and I think Cynthia and Lance are the two champions ash has dealt with the most. Steven and Alder were sporadic appearances and Diantha I suppose could be another option (Greninja can finally beat Gardevoir)

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The new tweet from Anime Pokemon's Official Twitter after this episode gives a hint about the next Trainer Ash's going to face in order to reach Leon.
"'That person' who uses Dragon-Type Pokemon"
https://mobile.twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1228975051971497984
I think the tweet is more like asking the viewers 'what kinds of trainers do you think are waiting for Ash?' rather than hinting he will actually fight a Dragon type trainer. Lance is an obvious candidate since he's a Dragon type user and is participating in the same tournament I guess, but it will take a while for Ash to reach his rank. So there is a possibility Ash could face Lance at some point, but it'll probably take a while considering Ash hasn't even registered for this tourney.

Rohanator

Alola champion wasn't mentioned and Satoshi didn't get an endorsement but he doesn't need it, the tournament climb is open to anyone. So this series will probably consist of him beating all kinds of Gym leaders, Elite 4's and champions from all the games to make his way to Dande. Hop will probably be one of his rivals cause Dande, would love to see an old rival return as well but most likely they'll just do Marnie/Mary and Bede/Beet or base an anime original off of them.

Rohanator

The tournament climb set up at least explains why Satoshi would need a lot of strong Pokemon quickly, he can't start climbing through the elites with nothing but Pikachu + starters and route 1 birds. We might see a high level battle with Pikachu, Dragonite and Gengar/Mr. Mime soon. Grookey/Sobble/Riolu can be developed against a rival first or something.

esquilo09

I found out the reason of the fossils being mismatched is because they're based on the Crystal Palace Dinossaurs.

World Turtle

The tournament climb set up at least explains why Satoshi would need a lot of strong Pokemon quickly, he can't start climbing through the elites with nothing but Pikachu + starters and route 1 birds. We might see a high level battle with Pikachu, Dragonite and Gengar/Mr. Mime soon. Grookey/Sobble/Riolu can be developed against a rival first or something.

Maybe Ash will just go straight to Corviknight then? Capture it in a Max Raid Battle with G-Max Pikachu?

Also, Ash should bring his reserves back too for this. At the very least Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile, Infernpape, etc. maybe even evolve a few like Totodile and Gible?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If he does get one of the starters, or Riolu, the Pokeball and Great Ball ranks are the prime moments to give them spotlight without it looking like an asspull.

I imagine Master Ball is Elite 4 and above, which is huge jump in power for Ash.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
If he does get one of the starters, or Riolu, the Pokeball and Great Ball ranks are the prime moments to give them spotlight without it looking like an asspull.

I imagine Master Ball is Elite 4 and above, which is huge jump in power for Ash.

Just take them do some raids and fill them with candy.

In the anime they usually make it about the trainers experience, like Go's Scyther didn't come off as weak, Go did.

I just hope they don't stunt his Pokemon this region, aka if he gets first stages evolve them all the way.

That's not really true. He already owns some powerful Pokémon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that he's getting any of the Galar starters at this point.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Well, he can.. I mean Infernape went from Chimchar to Infernape with Blaze that is stronger Pikachu in DP and we all know that Pikachu in DP is stronger than AG who defeated Regice. So they could easily. Or Talonflame who went from got beat by Vivillon to beat Avalugg.
Same way can happen here with Grookey and Sobble( and Rookidee). I would like to see Ash train Pokemon and evolve them and not to already have OP Pokemon from start, hopefully Dragonite or Gengar are last and he catches two starters and bird( BTW I think Mr Mime will be more like for Sakuragi household so, technically Ash has only 2 Pokemon on hand. So if he catches Gengar and those 3, it'd be full team and MR Mime would be like 7th Pokemon(like still in battles and everything but lesser Pokemon than his 6)..

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The new tweet from Anime Pokemon's Official Twitter after this episode gives a hint about the next Trainer Ash's going to face in order to reach Leon.
"'That person' who uses Dragon-Type Pokemon"
https://mobile.twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1228975051971497984
I also think it's Raihan. Anyway, I wonder how will he jump the rank? With just battles or will it be a tournament of 1000+ people? Lmao. Imagine that. I would love that. 1024 people compete.
Several battles are 1 on 1, then 3 on 3 and on Top 8: 6 on 6.
As of E4 and Champions returning. I don't know, maybe we will see some not all, tbh. Maybe like 5-6 at best.I think it will be more normal trainers competing with several E4 and maybe Leon and one more Champ and that's it.

Rohanator

That's not really true. He already owns some powerful Pokémon.
We all know he won't use them though. I'm saying he has to catch new strong Pokemon because the writers won't let him just bring back the old ones for whatever reason. I don't like it either but it be what it be

(lol I edited too slowly, well you got it anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.