• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

Well, he can.. I mean Infernape went from Chimchar to Infernape with Blaze that is stronger Pikachu in DP and we all know that Pikachu in DP is stronger than AG who defeated Regice. So they could easily. Or Talonflame who went from got beat by Vivillon to beat Avalugg.
Same way can happen here with Grookey and Sobble( and Rookidee). I would like to see Ash train Pokemon and evolve them and not to already have OP Pokemon from start, hopefully Dragonite or Gengar are last and he catches two starters and bird( BTW I think Mr Mime will be more like for Sakuragi household so, technically Ash has only 2 Pokemon on hand. So if he catches Gengar and those 3, it'd be full team and MR Mime would be like 7th Pokemon(like still in battles and everything but lesser Pokemon than his 6)..
It depends on how strong the writers wanna make his opponents and how realistic they wanna be about "power levels". If he's gonna face Elite 4's in the tournaments sooner rather than later it wouldn't really make sense to only have weak looking Mons besides Pikachu.

I mean Fletchling and Chimchar battling against opponents that beat Pikachu in the gyms didn't make sense either so of course he CAN use Grookey or something in a tournament, and he probably will, but from the looks of it the writers don't want ALL of his Mons to be like that. We got Pikachu, some strong newbies and some classic newbies.

World Turtle

So if Ash gets Gengar I hope that's the last Kanto Pokemon he gets. I'm curious if the other regions will also get 3 or if Kanto/first installment favoritism means it'll get the most captures (aside from maybe Galar)?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It depends on how strong the writers wanna make his opponents and how realistic they wanna be about "power levels". If he's gonna face Elite 4's in the tournaments sooner rather than later it wouldn't really make sense to only have weak looking Mons besides Pikachu.

I mean Fletchling and Chimchar battling against opponents that beat Pikachu in the gyms didn't make sense either so of course he CAN use Grookey or something in a tournament, and he probably will, but from the looks of it the writers don't want ALL of his Mons to be like that. We got Pikachu, some strong newbies and some classic newbies.
I mean if Froakie can go below gym level to E4 level in one saga(A-G), why wouldn't for example Grookey-> Thwackey -> Rillaboom -> Gigaboom( E4 level) for example.
He has so far in his possession 3 at least high FB level Pokemon which are Charizard,Sceptile and Infernape. I said so far because they didn't appear in anime so we don't know if they got stronger like BW Charizard is to BF Charizard), they probably are , but problem is writers are not giving them chance. I mean if they return: they would all be at least low E4 level( if they got stronger than in DP and BW), now imagine them Dyna/Giga(Gigazard) which would be much stronger than that and Charizard would be much stronger than them( because Giga> Dyna).

I don't think A-G will return though...
As of other two candidates which are Snorlax and Incineroar, they're not as powerful as Chari,Scept and Infern, but with at least Snorlax with Giga would be E4 level or something.
(This is all unless Pokemon he catches here in PM are stronger than them, liek Dragonite can easily be stronger than Charizard, I hope not because Charizard literally had to train and Pikachu had to travel with Ash for 20 years to achieve their power and here comes Dragonite to be stronger than Charizard.(Greninja at last had A-G). Only way I can see it being stronger than Base Zard is by Dynamax( and that Dragonite works hard.. as seeing he's just hugging things, hopefully he picks up the pace).

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So if Ash gets Gengar I hope that's the last Kanto Pokemon he gets. I'm curious if the other regions will also get 3 or if Kanto/first installment favoritism means it'll get the most captures (aside from maybe Galar)?

I hope at least in Isshu he doesn't capture much he has a lot, just evolve the ones he has, make a trade episode with Go so he can get Gigalith (still waiting for GF to retcon trade evolutions).

They haven't been bringing back the old mons, but with more and more info about this WT is revealed this is the series that it makes sense for them to come back, that and the fact that is a series spanning all regions.

World Turtle

I hope at least in Isshu he doesn't capture much he has a lot, just evolve the ones he has, make a trade episode with Go so he can get Gigalith (still waiting for GF to retcon trade evolutions).

I say give him Chandelure and call it good. Or don't give him anything more from Unova.

However, I fully support him getting more from the other regions that aren't Kanto/Unova.

In Sinnoh aside from Lucario I could see him getting Rhyperior (because KANTO).
In Johto Tyranitar and Houndoom. I want to say Espeon, but I want to see if the DLC will include a Gen 8 Eeveelution.

They haven't been bringing back the old mons, but with more and more info about this WT is revealed this is the series that it makes sense for them to come back, that and the fact that is a series spanning all regions.

This series would be perfect in finishing off any leftover development the previous teams needed.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I'm going to throw in the idea of ash bringing in Kingler to Gigantamax for a battle or 2, because why not.

Also disappointed Go is the one who got Skwovet. Hopefully he uses it a little since it's a Galar pokemon.

esquilo09

I'm going to throw in the idea of ash bringing in Kingler to Gigantamax for a battle or 2, because why not.

Also disappointed Go is the one who got Skwovet. Hopefully he uses it a little since it's a Galar pokemon.
I'm not disappointed at all, at least he caught it, it fills me with hope that he will catch a Rattata.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I don't mind that he got that.
I'm disappointed that he got it before Ash even captured a Galarian Pokemon of his own! Especially as that squirrel's just going to get boxed like all the other filler captures

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Raihan would be cool
But if Ash battles Lance at some point, they better make it at least a 3v3. I'd love to see Gyarados and Lance's Dragonite battling Ash, but I also wanna see something new.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Maybe we get an episode when he gets all the roedents, otherwise I think Skwovet will be hanging out with Sentret, its not like the initial roedent ever gets any spotlight anyway (unless I'm forgetting any of them).

I don't mind that he got that.
I'm disappointed that he got it before Ash even captured a Galarian Pokemon of his own! Especially as that squirrel's just going to get boxed like all the other filler captures

Dude get it through you head that his goal is to capture Pokemon no matter the region, I respect you opinion, but no need to repeat it every time we talk about the kid or the kid gets something new, I think we all know by this point you consider it all filler, regardless it has nothing to do with Satoshi not having a Galar mon, he will eventually, Go getting one doesn't diminish his chances. Do you only capture 6 Pokemon when you play the game if not do you use all the 890?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't know if we'll see older characters appearing, outside of the Champions of the other regions, like Lance, Alder, Cynthia, Diantha, or Steven.

Status
Not open for further replies.