• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

What moves do you guys think Sobble will have?
Since it seems to start of timid and weak I could see it not knowing any Water moves like Scorbunny. Maybe it just as Pound and Tearful look for a while

Leonhart

Imagineer
JD said:
What moves do you guys think Sobble will have?

I'm sort of bad at predicting what movesets Satoshi's Pokemon will have, but just based on my own move preferences for the species:
  • Water Pulse
  • Swift
  • Mud Shot
  • Sucker Punch

Reactions: JD

esquilo09

The only ones who showed personality were Pidgey and the Nidorans.

Nidorans: Like most of their species they're attracted to each other and seems to be fond of Koharu, as the male started to rub his head against her leg just like a cat, even though he's a rabbit, while the female rubbed her paws against Koharu's leg.

Pidgey: While Pidgey didn't show emotions aside from being shocked of Go hugging it all of a sudden, it showed to be confortable around Koharu by landing on her shoulder.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
What personality it has? It didn't show much of a personality during Go's attempts, it just showed up from nowhere and deflected his Poké Ball throws with its leek, only for getting tricked on the third attempt and thus end up being captured.

What personality it showed? I want some proof.
There wasn't anything directly that shows any characteristics, but you could assume that Farfetch'd is either full of itself or a bit of a prankster through the way it blocked all of Go's attacks

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think of like the gag of Koharu drawing Pokémon to herself. Almost like they figured her current stance on Pokémon and want to change her mind. I wouldn't mind if it becomes a recurring gag

So...

Ash getting Riolu, Ash getting Sobble for sure, potentially getting Grookey, Dusk Lycanroc potentially coming back...

Did I miss anything? The speed at which this series chugs along is extraordinary. I won't lie and say I'm not hyped, but this is pretty insane

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So...

Ash getting Riolu, Ash getting Sobble for sure, potentially getting Grookey, Dusk Lycanroc potentially coming back...

Did I miss anything? The speed at which this series chugs along is extraordinary. I won't lie and say I'm not hyped, but this is pretty insane
Wait, where was it hinted that Lycanroc may come back?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You know if reserves actually do start popping up soon then perhaps Garchomp is Ash's after all

I'm hoping they chill tf out with Sobble and Grookey's development. I'm not sure how far into the future the battle with Korrina is but no doubt Ash already evolved Riolu by then.

I hope they take things slow with Sobble and Grookey but by all means, skip through the middle stages! Raboot's free to stay a Raboot for however long, but the other middle stages are just awful.

I think that after Grookey and Sobble Ash won't catch any more Pokemon at all, and Gou will get all future captures.

So Ash is basically confirmed to be catching more than six then, you have a track record for being wrong.

Ash is getting a full team quite early and whenever this happens he always catches extra Pokemon.
Plus you can't tell me he isn't getting Kubfu, it feels so obvious lol Ash is still the best marketing tool, hence why he got Sobble and Grookey. Ain't no way he isn't getting some DLC mon and any additional Pokemon this saga may add on like Meltan was. Go'll get all the stuff they don't want to give much time to like the squirrel while Ash'll get the ones they want/have to focus on

BlazingAsh

Look at the ending. He's there with Grookey and the egg

If you look at the ending , it would mean Ash catches Togepi and Cramorant too. And that Koharu catches Chikorita and Comfey.

Personally I'd like Koharu to catch Eldegoss, Alcremie, Hatterene, Indeedee, Wooloo and Galarian Ponyta if she decides to travel with Ash and Go later

If you look at the ending , it would mean Ash catches Togepi and Cramorant too. And that Koharu catches Chikorita and Comfey.

Personally I'd like Koharu to catch Eldegoss, Alcremie and Galarian Ponyta if she decides to travel with Ash and Go later

True, but Ash has the only Dusk Lycanroc in the world

Domok

Personally I'd like Koharu to catch Eldegoss, Alcremie and Galarian Ponyta if she decides to travel with Ash and Go later
I could honestly see Ash with Cramorant, if only for the endless amount of Pikachu gags it would cause.

Togepi would be a bit odd though, I guess it could work as a OS callback?

Zoruagible

Last thing I want to see in PM2019 is anime-exclusive characters coming back before game characters that didn't appear yet make their debuts. Just.. no.

Normally I'd agree but I need Paul to make a re-appearance.

Hopefully instead of some random anime exclusive Unova born PWC opponent however, they bring in Hugh.

BlazingAsh

I could honestly see Ash with Cramorant, if only for the endless amount of Pikachu gags it would cause.

I'd rather see Cramorant with James because if he catches Sobble he would have a water type already.

esquilo09

Well he caught a Dragonite, a species that was caught by Iris, so I don't find it strange for Ash to catch a Togepi, I just hope Ash uses it to battle, unlike Misty's who was never used to battle and that battle it had with Pikachu was just for laughs.

Zoruagible

I'd rather see Cramorant with James.

Same. I'm all for Ash starting to get the oddballs again but Cramorant would work better with James, and aside from that? Ash already has Sobble and not to mention that the Water evolution is most likely what Kubfu will wind up as(I want it to be Dark, but let's face facts). And if both Greninja and Squirtle are coming back too? Well that's too much water.

Cramorant would definitely be better fit for James. The ensuing gag would be hilarious and the Pokemon is literally made for catching Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.